• You cannot reply to this topic

Remote Line General, Nonspecific Review

#16 User is offline   octopus 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:octopus

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:30 PM

hey i need a remote, i bought a tiller off ebay, the line was really thin and it started leaking as soon as i pressurized the gun. let me know if its still for sale.

#17 User is offline   Icachowda 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Icachowda

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:12 PM

i might go remote once i get a suitable harness.
my extreme rage 4 pack only holds 20oz co2 and below
SIG REMOVED AS RACIALLY AWESOME!

#18 User is offline   POKERPRO 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:POKERPRO

Post icon  Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

:D How exactly do you use a slide check? Can you simply stop shooting , open the slide check , and then use the quick disconnect? Do you have to close the valve where it hooks to the top of the co2 first? I just got two remotes with SC and QD as well as gauges built in , but havn't tried them yet. Just wondering what the correct way to use the SC funtion is.
Thanks

#19 User is offline   68carbkiller 

• The Juggernaut
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Rambler

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:55 PM

I've been playing since high school in '96, I've always played with my bottle on the marker but now that I bought the remote line, I can't believe I went so long with out it. now my roommates gun needs to have the bottle on the marker to help balance the gun.
It's not about how much paint you can throw, but hitting your target.

Tippmann Owners Club, Bond #83

#20 User is offline   Psycho_Ninja 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

i have a remote on my marker and i love it, it takes a little while to get used to but in the end it gives me an advantage over other players. my only problem is that where the male end goes into the female end of the slide check, there is a leak. I used gun oil and teflon tape on the male end but it still leaks. can anyone help? think this is the wrong section to post this in but since everyone is posting in here i might as well provide a possibly very popular situation

#21 User is offline   GunRunner7 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GunRunner7

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

View PostPOKERPRO, on Mar 20 2008, 12:22 AM, said:

:P How exactly do you use a slide check? Can you simply stop shooting , open the slide check , and then use the quick disconnect? Do you have to close the valve where it hooks to the top of the co2 first? I just got two remotes with SC and QD as well as gauges built in , but havn't tried them yet. Just wondering what the correct way to use the SC funtion is.
Thanks

You should do this before you exit the field. Slide check back to the closed position. Unhook from the gun- but keep a firm hand on it. If it wont come off easy, turn your gun upside down and shoot the air out of the gun and then release the remote from the nipple. You should make sure your gun is free of air before you put your gun condom on. It is possible for the gun to remain pressurized—even after you have removed the remote.

If you do not have a slide check, then yes you would need to turn off the air at the bottle. Use great care when unhooking from your gun- some slide checks have been known to slide forward and gas the line and make it at like a whip.

Tuck your line into your harness when not in use to keep dirt out and to keep from getting hung up on things.

View PostPsycho_Ninja, on Aug 11 2008, 09:21 PM, said:

i have a remote on my marker and i love it, it takes a little while to get used to but in the end it gives me an advantage over other players. my only problem is that where the male end goes into the female end of the slide check, there is a leak. I used gun oil and teflon tape on the male end but it still leaks. can anyone help? think this is the wrong section to post this in but since everyone is posting in here i might as well provide a possibly very popular situation

If it is leaking from around the nipple on the part that the ASA adaptor screws in, then the nipple needs to be re-tefloned. If it acts as if it is leaking from the nipple while attached to the disconnect, then the O-rings in the disconnect need to be changed.

When I die, I want to go sleeping peacefully like my grandfather did.......not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users