• You cannot reply to this topic

My view on the Apex. Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Damasta 

• Midnight Raider
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:jon

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:49 PM

do you guys think it will do good on a 03 prostock? Has anyone ever put it on a cocker?
IPB Image
Proudly sponsored by: QLoader | COPS911 | Undertakers Paintball | Paint and Air Sportz | Paintball Alliance
IPB Image

#32 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:37 PM

I used it on my cocker a few times. I loved it. Absolutely. The only thing you gotta worry bout is roll outs. The apex is big bore, cockers are closed bolt, you do the math.

You can fix this by either buying a set of lapco or some other companies breach sizers. They screw onto the end of the barrel and then thread into the marker. They will hold the paint in place.

Or do what i did, and send the apex into palmers and pay the $15 to get wedgits put in. That will also stop roll outs. Wedgits are three little indents palmers puts into the barrel that will hold the ball in place in the breach.

All in all i loved it on my cocker. Made things a breeze and nice and easy. My only complaint other than roll outs, wazs that it makes the cocker a much louder marker. Normally with my scepter kit all you hear is pffft when i fire, with the apex its a bang.

This post has been edited by reapermen: 17 June 2006 - 10:39 PM

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#33 User is offline   MR. KILL-JOY 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:07 PM

View PostReaper1101, on Jun 15 2006, 07:56 PM, said:

I dont like the Apex my teamate always chops with it.

I am unfortunately going to agree that it does chop. I used to never chop with my apex but ever since I put my egrip with the ape board in it I have been chopping left and right. I still love my apex but I have some investigating to do. I've noticed that the balls arent breaking in the barrel but rather in the tip of my A-5 right by the cyclone feed and bolt. Everything on my grip is factory settings (15bps) so I am not sure what is up. I played this Saturday and had to switch back to my stock A-5 barrel:(...... I still highly recommend the apex though.....

#34 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:26 AM

If its getting chopped by the bolt its not the barrrels fault at all. Unless you arent screwing it in all the way. The bolt is chopping it, so its a timing issue in your tippmann. Either the cyclone isnt feeding properly or the bolt is outa wack. Should have nothing to do with the barrel.

Oh and for the record a barrel CANNOT CHOP. There are no moving parts. A chop is when a moving part cuts a paintball as it isnt fully loaded or whatnot. There are no moving parts in the barrel, like a bolt or cyclone, so it cannot chop. It can break yes, but it is physically impossible to chop a paintball in a barrel.

This post has been edited by reapermen: 27 June 2006 - 02:27 AM

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#35 User is offline   Mastersgtzeus 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mastersgtzeus

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:48 PM

agreed it's your gun not the barrel

I have an apex on my e-gripped UMP mod.. I have not had 1 chop what so ever and I've shot over 2 and 1/2 cases now.. most of it on full auto etc.

#36 User is offline   SnowboarderKid52 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:06 AM

I want one.

#37 User is offline   Phillips 

• You don't hear me coming till it's to late
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Phillips-apex-addict

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:00 AM

APEX=Woodsball God! Seriously if I could fine one in old Angel thread id have it again, you dont need accuracy when you can fire a fe wmore paintballs an dget them out when they cant even touch you. I found it to be rather accurate anyway with a slight tendancy and slightly common occurance for the Apex end to slide to the left this can be sorted easily though.
Every hole is a goal. :D

#38 User is offline   djsupahfly 

• Mr. Supah Fly
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Djsupahfly

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:34 PM

will the barrel fit with my g36c shroud on?
Slow is Smooth
Smooth is Fast

PB Sale, barrels, summer gear, guns, etc.

#39 User is offline   PAINTBALLACE 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:43 AM

Yes, it will.

#40 User is offline   stolz 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STOLZ

Posted 11 July 2006 - 04:43 PM

i jumped into a trench and went in barrel first with my apex and dinged it up on a rock, ever since than it has been shooting wierd i must have broke mine :(

#41 User is offline   Sir Brass 

• He who bears the mark of those infected with Palmeritis
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sir Brass

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:43 PM

View Postreapermen, on Jun 17 2006, 10:37 PM, said:

I used it on my cocker a few times. I loved it. Absolutely. The only thing you gotta worry bout is roll outs. The apex is big bore, cockers are closed bolt, you do the math.

Send it in to PPS and have Glenn and Craig put wedgits in it.

Wedgits are a GODSEND to all pump (except phantom, b/c they get the same benefit from detent rings) and autococker and PPS semi users. They prevent rollout almost ALL the time (b/c nothing invented by man is 100% foolproof).
PPS Blazer (BZ2431): Veera, CCM SS-25: Emily
CPPA Member 1334
Famous last words: "Aw, crap." ~ Jake

#42 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:15 AM

Way ahead of you there. Already had wedgits put in a few months back. Then i had them turn down the threads on another apex so it could work on my blazer. I feel wrong not always using the brass, but i love the drop shot and flat shot.

I love the wedgits in my super stocker, they are so subdued. They are much more apparent in my blazer though, probably cause they arent powdercoated over.

#43 User is offline   Sir Brass 

• He who bears the mark of those infected with Palmeritis
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sir Brass

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:19 AM

No reason you can't have your brass and your flat shot as well.

Contact FL/\ and ask him to make you a UMS apex adapter that'll work with your blazer barrel. Then you get brass blazer barrel AND your apex.

That'd be real heaven.

I plan on doing that for my A-5 sometime this Fall: PPS black powder coated, unported A-5 threaded barrel, UMS apex adapter, and apex tip.
PPS Blazer (BZ2431): Veera, CCM SS-25: Emily
CPPA Member 1334
Famous last words: "Aw, crap." ~ Jake

#44 User is offline   Action Fig 

• Kitty!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Action Fig

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:49 AM

the flatline effect alone makes this barrel worth it. Its fun to pump a few rounds into a crowd of people who thought they were "saftely out of range" and watch the rest scatter :wacko: just can't get enough of it
I love this show

#45 User is offline   .:scorpion:. 2.0 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:{scorpion}

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:07 PM

I have some queston's...

1) Is it tourny legal

2) Can you take the front of

3) Should I buy this or get tthe empire kit for $120.00

4) It's speedball im talking about.
The PBForum