• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The ACU Marauders Picture intensive as well as reading

#1 Guest_SWATORNOT_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:56 PM

This review is based upon my own personal opinions and past experiences with other BDUs. Your perspective on certain things may differ from that of my own…

I recently received my SpecOps Marauder II’s in the mail this past week and had a chance to wear them for better part of a day this weekend.

My initial thoughts on the M2s were that they always seemed a bit too light for my liking. I also was not a big fan myself of the arm pockets position, and from what I had previously read/heard from others about them being “stiff” had me wondering.

After taking these out of the box I could immediately see my first difference on opinion. That difference would be the claims of the BDUs being stiff and “crisp” like. I have used a number of old “worn in” army BDUs before and these honestly seemed no different brand new than a used set of BDUs.

I immediately tried the shirt and pants on to see how the fit was (I had order a large in pants and jersey). These seemed a bit too big for me at first, and I still think they might be, but they are extremely comfortable.
Posted Image

M2 Jersey
The shirt is probably the biggest concern I originally had while trying to choose a new set of camo out. My main reason for concern was all of the things I had heard from people about how stiff the arm pockets were and the material in general.

Once I looked over the pockets I was still a bit skeptical about them and still was not a fan of it. After putting the shirt on I really didn’t even notice the arm pockets, not even when I moved my arms around. When I shouldered the A5 I thought for sure I would feel those pesky arm pockets poking me, but surprisingly I did not feel them. Now you can tell they are there to an extent, but by no means did they seem to be an inconvenience to me.

The left arm pocket has plenty of room to fit a wallet in, or something else;
Posted Image

Your right arm is where you have not just one pocket, but really 4. One pocket could hold a wallet; the other could hold a small book or something. The other two “pockets” are actually the ID type pouches. Fairly good size as well;
Posted Image
Posted Image

The jersey has a nice collar around the neck line as well. The material is soft and not irritable like some of the camo stuff that I have used before. During the course of the day I while I was wearing the jersey I had played about 3-4 quick games and stood in the sun a while. There was a decent breeze out, but I never really got warm wearing the long sleeve jersey, even while I was everything seems very breathable.
The elbows also have what seems to be another layer of material for the added durability;
Posted Image

Inside of the elbow area;
Posted Image
The pants also have the same setup as the jersey does on the elbows, very good to see as these are the key wear points for most players.

M2 Pants
The elastic is a nice feature as well because you don’t have to worry about “out growing” these things nearly as much as you would with typical camo pants.

One thing I would like to see added indefinitely would be two, or maybe three more belt loops on the pants. I have a 2” web belt that I usually use, but with the M2 pants there are only two belt loops on the front which makes the use of a belt somewhat difficult, so keep that in mind.

The front of the pants, you can see the cinch type belt that is placed into the pants already. You can also see the two belt loops here;
Posted Image

The back has two regular pockets and the elastic wasit is mainly on the back side of the paints. Ideally you can see why it would be a good thing to have more belt loops on the back side as well;
Posted Image

SWATORNOT :ph34r:

#2 Guest_SWATORNOT_*

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:58 PM

One of the things I will say that I personally love about the M2 pants is there are squeegee pockets on both sides near your calves. I wasn’t sure if these just came with one squeegee pocket or none at all. The pants also have some decent sized cargo pockets on the side of your thighs, very accessible and they close with Velcro. One thing I checked right away was the stitching around the Velcro to make sure it would not come off the material when I open the flap. The stitching definitely seemed like it would keep the Velcro on the pants and not tear apart as you would open the flap as you will find on some pants.

This shows one of the squeegee pockets located on your calf area;
Posted Image
Here you can see the thigh cargo pockets. Each one has a single loop to attach something to;
Posted Image
Hey, a guy has to snack you know…
Posted Image

The regular hand pockets are also fairly large in size; they also didn’t skimp out on the ACU material here either, unlike typical camo stuff;
Posted Image

The pants also have a draw string on the bottom leg cuffs so that you can either tie them around the outside of your boots, or around your ankle and tuck into your boot. These definitely keep the pant legs in place regardless of how you choose to do that. One thing to watch for and something SpecOps should probably consider doing is to use a lighter, or a match and melt the very ends of the draw string because they seem to have just folded a tip and sewn it down. Melting these keeps the thread from coming loose, or worse, the draw strings unraveling. Now the color of the strings I honestly thought could have been a light tan, or gray. The black just seems to be too much contrast for the overall pattern color scheme; however you really will not notice these much it was still something I did notice.

This shows the draw strings around the leg cuffs;
Posted Image

Environment function
As I had mentioned before I was very concerned with how light the M2s looked in all the photos I have seen. With that in the back of my mind I wondered how well the stuff would work with the Colorado landscape.

I noticed these did not blend completely with the landscape, nor did they stand out like darker camo does. The area where I played this weekend was still a bit light in color since it is very early spring time. There is a lot of the dry prairie grass here so it seemed to work fairly well with that environment. It will be interesting to see how it adapts to a greener area come later this spring, as well as the mountain terrain that we sometimes play in here. Keep in mind this is an on going review and I will update it when I can and with any changes found.

Here is a picture of myself and a BlackLight Company player (BLC wearing Black vest) Both of us are wearing the ACU pattern;
Posted Image
This was approximately 40-50 yards away.

Overall
Overall I am very pleased with this product, even with a few minimal changes/additions that could be made, I do believe the M2s, or ACU pattern for that matter will be one of the more popular camo patterns in paintball. The online photos honestly do these things no justice. The quality and durability certainly seems outstanding at this point in time. I highly recommend this camo for players wherever you live. These will definitely not fit for every season or terrain obviously, but I do believe the will work very good in the early spring/late fall times of year just about anywhere. If you want to keep on top of the camo patterns and have something for every area, this stuff is certainly a must have.

#3 User is offline   redman 

• Redman
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:woodsballplayer01@yahoo.com

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:26 AM

i have an old pair of woodland camo made out of that same material. Their also like 3 sizes too big on me. Their the most comfortable pair of pants i own and that i still wear from time to time. Those look like great pants, and i was waiting for someone to get a good review of the marauder II's... I'm still going with the fusion's for my camo, but these look awesome.
MY FEEDBACK Ebay feedback
Visit my team's website at WWW.PBTEAMWOW.COM

#4 User is offline   Dewy-dB 

• Dewy-dB
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dewy-dB

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:13 AM

View PostSWATORNOT, on Mar 26 2006, 09:58 PM, said:

Posted Image
This was approximately 40-50 yards away.

Did you play under power lines as a kid? (Tommy Boy)

I love my ACU M2's, they work really well for this time of year, in Utah.

- Dewy
GREG JOHNSON <a href="http://media.specialopspaintball.com/videovault/" target="_blank">||VIDEO VAULT||</a>

#5 User is offline   The Joker 

• If you need any help just PM me and I'll do my best! TY
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dusterhoff

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:05 PM

Finally I have been waiting for this review for a long while now. thanks, peace

#6 User is offline   Ssgt Workman 

• MP5A5 Operator
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:STORM SHADOW 45

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:35 PM

Nice review SWAT. I have been waiting on a detailed review on these. Now that they are out in Digital Woodland, I think it might be time for me to order a set.
"Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at"

IPB Image IPB Image
IPB Image

#7 User is offline   Predator88 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Predator88

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:10 PM

Nice review SWAT I like the look and style of those. Is that the spec ops digi pattern or normal one?

Another quick question is there any reviews on these forums on the original maradeurs if their isn't I was gonna make a review.

#8 User is offline   Ragedman 

• There's my chip chip.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I have one, used it once...like π years.

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:10 PM

Sour Patch Kids are the BEST!

#9 Guest_SWATORNOT_*

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:03 PM

View PostPredator88, on Apr 4 2006, 08:10 PM, said:

Nice review SWAT I like the look and style of those. Is that the spec ops digi pattern or normal one?

These are indeed the new SpecOps M2s in the ACU pattern. I am eagerly awaiting the release of the ACU Fusions. I got a chance to see another prototype set at the Earth Ender game this past weekend and I must say they look great.

#10 User is offline   Mr. Tippy 

• badda bing, badda boom
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:44 AM

I just orderd me a pair of the pants :blink:

Only 1 problem, they dont make them small enough! I know that I am still young, and i am fairly small, but I purchased the smal size and the minimal waist size is 30 inches :unsure: ; I'm 28! Good thing I have a grandmother that can sew things.....

#11 Guest_Shurp_*

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:00 PM

I did a review of these a bit ago. The stitching on the web belt came loose, which I've noticed has come up several times. Keep an eye on it!

#12 Guest_SWATORNOT_*

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:34 AM

View PostShurp, on Apr 12 2006, 02:00 PM, said:

I did a review of these a bit ago. The stitching on the web belt came loose, which I've noticed has come up several times. Keep an eye on it!

Yea, believe me I took close eye to the threads on these, and the other tips for people that get these.

I haven't noticed any sort of problems with them as of yet, and I am paying particular attention to the stitching in a few areas, so far no hints of trouble with anything...

I have only worn these a couple times, once actually playing, and the other was to the Earth Ender game in which I was just a spectator, but I have washed them about 6-7 times now with no signs of wear or fading so far.

#13 User is offline   X2O 

• this is why i'm hot...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:X2O

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:54 PM

View PostSWATORNOT, on Mar 26 2006, 09:56 PM, said:

... there are only two belt loops on the front which makes the use of a belt somewhat difficult, so keep that in mind. ...

uhh... i believe there are actually THREE belt loops (one is on the back). but i agree that there are too little belt loops ( i have the S.O. design)
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#14 Guest_SWATORNOT_*

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:00 PM

View PostX2O, on Apr 14 2006, 02:54 PM, said:

uhh... i believe there are actually THREE belt loops (one is on the back). but i agree that there are too little belt loops ( i have the S.O. design)

Yea there are 3 total, when I wrote the review I didn't even notice that third one on the back for some reason. It will work with a belt, but not as well as I would like...

#15 User is offline   LONG_SHOT 

• Team "in da face!"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:LONG_SHOT

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:00 PM

Have you noticed yet if the ACU color pattern blends well with dark greens and browns? Im about to order this but im not sure if i should switch to the other pattern because im not sure if the one you have blends well with the darker colors.
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users