• You cannot reply to this topic

Scorch paintball review. Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

#16 User is offline   ScottyEvil 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ScottyEvil

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:54 PM

I've been using Scorch with my Flatline 98 with no problems, only two breaks during game since I started playing mid-March this year. No problems in the Cyclone, no problems with breaks at normal ranges. At long ball, flatline ranges, good breaks on hard solid objects, not so great on people. Nice, thick, pink fill, no smell as far as I can tell, and after taking a few in the mask, I can say they don't taste great, but don't taste bad, just a sweet glycerin taste.

One thing I noticed, the Scorch at the local WalMarts are pretty fresh, and I mean fresh "paintball store fresh", not fresh "sell by date mass chain retailer fresh". I think its because everyone around here seems to be using it this season and keeping demand high. Just a theory.

#17 User is offline   Snake Eyes 2 

• Co-founder & Mouthpiece- Average Joes
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snake Eyes_AJ

Posted 06 May 2006 - 10:46 PM

I have used Scorch for the whole season so far and I have had 1-2 breaks. Great Paintball for the price.

Team Leader- Average Joes Paintballl
Proud member of the Woodland Warriors,
98OG Member
The Average Joes are sponsored by: Mad Cow Paintball

#18 User is offline   mop head paintballa 

• no more mops,just dreads!!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:heelnipper

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:48 PM

well would they fit good in a 98c barrel?Becouse i need cheep accuracy since my barrel isn't long :)
the one who fights with onions and tear gas when either one would do fine.

#19 User is offline   KONA 

• Brigade Recruiter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KONA

Posted 13 May 2006 - 03:02 AM

View PostSteve_at_GameFace, on Mar 16 2006, 05:35 AM, said:

Thanks for the compliments on our paint.
We've changed things up a bit for the upcoming season. Look for "Visible Impact" paint to replace Scorch in the stores.
VI is exactly the same shell as Scorch, and we've changed to an orange fill. Still a nice thick fill that is tough to wipe, but is still non-staining.
Check out GameFace Paintball paint page for details on VI and other paints we've released.
Look for this paint to hit the shelves later this spring or early summer.

Man i love scorch, ive shot over 13 cases ,with only a few breaks,i hope the new one is just as good!I also been saveing the proof of purchase's ,can i still get stuff with them once scorch is discontinued ?

#20 User is offline   Aarongorn 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DAGGERS RULE

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:38 PM

scorch is some of the best for the price

#21 User is offline   BoyNamedSue 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ManNBlack

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:44 AM

Scorch rocks but ya they are kinda hard and dont break as much but still you cant beat the price with the same quality.

Also they dont taste as bad as most other paintballs.

Don't ask my friend kept some in an altoids tin and ya i wasn't paying much attention. MMM Cinamony

#22 Guest_Alaskanfront_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:42 AM

View Postmop head paintballa, on May 12 2006, 06:48 PM, said:

well would they fit good in a 98c barrel?Becouse i need cheep accuracy since my barrel isn't long :huh:

well, they fit perfect in my m98 barrel, its a 14 incher, but they fly just fine.

*updated review #3*

#23 User is offline   Texas_Gunslinger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:TexasGunslinger

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:42 AM

I took a chance and tried Scorch as my 1st paintballs. I did'nt realize what great quality they were until I began experimenting with other brands. That's when I started appreciating the thick fill and easy to see pink. In other brands
the fill just get soaked by clothes and is difficult to see because it's mainly water.

#24 User is offline   MAD4KILLS 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MAD4KILLS

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:01 AM

Good tough paint And that's its problem, its to tough . My kill's went up when I switched to PMI's . Oh and my deaths went down. :D
URL=http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/member_view.asp?id=78831]IPB Image[/URL]
[size=7][font=Arial Black]To hunt the hunting!

#25 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:10 AM

View PostSteve_at_GameFace, on Mar 16 2006, 10:35 AM, said:

Thanks for the compliments on our paint.
We've changed things up a bit for the upcoming season. Look for "Visible Impact" paint to replace Scorch in the stores.
VI is exactly the same shell as Scorch, and we've changed to an orange fill. Still a nice thick fill that is tough to wipe, but is still non-staining.
Check out GameFace Paintball paint page for details on VI and other paints we've released.
Look for this paint to hit the shelves later this spring or early summer.

hmm, a risky chance gameface is taking. may loose scorch fans who dont know there is a switch and just think there fav brand of paint has been pulled off the market. Possibly loose scorch fans who know of the switch but are too timid to try the new product even if its just a name switch and diffrent feel or think it performs diffrently in there barrel, then theres players who dont use scorch but see a new paint hitting the market and dont want to spend money on it not knowing if its good or not and dont want to abandon there favorite paint for the new stuff...risky but i do admire you for the move.

Ill make sure to try it once it hits the shelf and will write a full review when i get the chance but got to warn ya im a tough critic to please, hope the new ball can stand up to the game face name, scorch ranks pretty good in my book lets hope these are as good

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users