Special Ops Paintball: Special Ops Marauder II ACU's - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Special Ops Marauder II ACU's Can you say "Schweet"???

#1 Guest_Shurp_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 February 2006 - 03:25 PM

Just received my uber-cool new field wear, the SpecOps Marauder II ACU jersey and pants.

I'm really leary when it comes to buying online or from catalogues. I'm the type of person that will rarely part with their money unless I've layed hands on what I want to buy. So I must admit, I was a little skeptical when I pressed the "BUY" button.

So, first off: I'm 5'11 and about 180, so I got the mediums. Was kinda worried about that too, but no more!

The workmanship quality is very nice. I really like the upper arm pockets on the jersey. Both the left and right side pockets have velcro for patches and such, with flat closures that are secured to the velcro on the outside of the pocket. The right side has the same pocket and flap, but the outerside part of the pocket actually flips down too and has clear windows for player cards, ID's, etc. Pretty cool! The velcro keeps the pockets kinda stiff, which is an odd feeling at first (yeah, but so does a mask, right?).

The pants are very nice too. The thigh pockets are perfect size and secure with a velcro flap (no more BDU buttons!!!!!!!) Web cinch belt, elastic in the back part of the waste, and even belt loops (2 in front and one in back). Actually, I'd like to see at least 2 more beltloops, but that's just me... actually, it's not like I'm going to use them anyway, so that's pretty much a non-issue.

The fabric, while rugged, is still nice and light weight which will definitely be handy come the hot days of summer. And both the jersey and pants fit me perfectly with enough room for movement without being too big. I have enough room if I want to wear an insulator for cold days. Like all clothing, the fabric is a bit stiff and will be nice and comfy after being washed. They should get a little quieter too. I just hope they don't lose too much of their size when I wash them. I'll post an update with results.

So, I really like the Marauder II's and am happy with the purchase and think you would be too. I think the price is right for what you get. They are super comfy, but rugged enough for heavy service (I can only imagine how soft they are going to get too! That'll be nice!). The jersey pockets are going to be super nice-- even when I wear a vest I'll have access to them. Oh... I'm so happy that I'll be able to drop my nasty BDU's!!!!!!!! YEAH!

Great job SpecOps for coming up with a terrific concept, at a great price, and that will serve my needs out on the field! Definitely "Gear that Makes Sense!!!"

Now I just need patches! :)

#2 Guest_wolftalon_*

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:17 PM

Nice job Shurp......

Pics please? I love to see you model for the Camera.......

Damn that came out all wrong. :angry:

#3 User is offline   Invictus 

• Operator Strike Force
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Invictus-

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:32 AM

View Postwolftalon, on Feb 18 2006, 12:17 AM, said:

Nice job Shurp......

Pics please? I love to see you model for the Camera.......

Damn that came out all wrong. :rolleyes:

I guess Paintball scenarios aren't the only thing TacScn produces? :D Just admit it... you like it when he strikes a sexy pose in pb gear.. LMAO

Nice review though on the Marauders......

Proud member of Team IYAOYAS and sponsored by
Planet Eclipse , LCP Army, SobePaintball , Shooting Hot Magazine, Addiction Army, The Ford Report , and Conlee Custom Camo.

When being an Owner just isn't enough, A5OG l X7OG l 98OG l PEOG l IOG

#4 User is offline   Stret 

• The Nativeness
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stret

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:28 AM

I believe Incictus has a set of ACU camo (I dont think Marauders Though) and had a scary/goofy looking man model them :P
Native Style

We Think Our Sponsors Are Cool: Tippmann(X7) l Crossfire Tanks l Smokin' Products l Coca Cola: Grand Rapids, MI

#5 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:31 AM

You SpecOps guys ARE going to do that pattern on the Ultralites and normal Fusions, right? We desert people need our cool camo worse than anyone.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#6 Guest_MOATI_*

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:55 AM

View PostPhoenixWolf, on Feb 18 2006, 01:31 AM, said:

You SpecOps guys ARE going to do that pattern on the Ultralites and normal Fusions, right? We desert people need our cool camo worse than anyone.

There's no way I could ever confirm or deny the plans that we have in store for any future products!!

Pssst....don't tell anyone else but of course we are!!!!

#7 Guest_Shurp_*

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:04 AM

View PostMOATI, on Feb 18 2006, 08:55 AM, said:

There's no way I could ever confirm or deny the plans that we have in store for any future products!!

Pssst....don't tell anyone else but of course we are!!!!

Hey MO!

I'd really like to see a baseball or bonnie cap in the same fabric... that would be nice!

#8 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:03 PM

I second that, to be honest. That was the one thing I thought the outfit was missing. I had my Ultralites, but I had to wear a standard BDU cap to shade my neck and support my mask. Add a vented cap with digi camo and you've got a complete outfit.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#9 User is offline   **subzero** 

• Desperately Lonely
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:**subzero**

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:21 AM

Hey Shurp great review, but i was just wondering as far as concealment is concerned what your feelings are about the ACUs?? I've heard some pretty different opinions on that particular topic. Some people say they conceal just as good as another camo set, but others seem to think they actually make you stand out....just wondering if you had any opinion on the subject.
IPB Image

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds"

In Nomine Patris, Et Filii, Et Spiritus Sancti...Amen

#10 Guest_Shurp_*

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:05 PM

I have yet to get them out in the field. I too have been a little skeptical about the ACU's light colors (almost sort of a bluish-grey). We're I'm at, it's pretty much high mountain desert, so a lot of tans and light browns. Normal woodland is very dark for most places around here. Next time I'm out I'll try to get various pictures against differrent cover types and try to get some people with different camo's to do the same for comparision.

#11 User is offline   Ssgt Workman 

• MP5A5 Operator
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:STORM SHADOW 45

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:48 AM

Nice review Shurp, I purchased a set of the Marauders last year and have been really pleased with them. My only complaint was the lack of pockets. Nice to see a new version this year that addresses this issue. I cannot wait for the Marauder II's to come out in Woodland Digital!

This post has been edited by Ssgt Workman: 28 February 2006 - 08:49 AM

"Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at"

IPB Image IPB Image
IPB Image

#12 Guest_Shurp_*

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:32 PM

On that note: pockets were very nice this weekend.

I got a change to put them through their paces this weekend and the Marauder II's performed really well and I like them a lot. No opportunity to take photos, but they blend surprisingly well (up close they don't look like they would).

Another cool opportunity-- one of my team mates (who's in the military) came out in his military issued ACU's (the brand new version). We stood talking for quite a bit without noticing the difference. After a little while it was kind of a "WHOA!" moment as each of us realized that we weren't wearing the same uniform (him the Marauder II's and me the Military issued ACU's).

The only positive the military version had that I really wished the Marauders did were the built-in velcro pockets for knee and elbow pads!

#13 User is offline   agentw0 

• CO-Captain B.O.B.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:agentw0

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:36 PM

Why not just buy actual ACU's or MARPATS....

?

#14 Guest_Shurp_*

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:40 PM

Turns out they're about the same price. Seriously... I think the Marauder's are a couple bucks cheaper.

#15 Guest_shadowplayer_*

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:35 PM

Things like paintball specific pockets and flaps are nice too. Squeegie pockets, etc.

Is the Marauder stuff made from the same material as the Fusion? If so, I find that material quite loud and crinkly. It is really durable and great... just loud.

Also, is the Marauder stuff really the base for the Action Ghillie suit? I saw that it was a mesh base in the pics, but then it says it uses the Marauder as a base in the writeup.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users