Special Ops Paintball: What is a Paintball Sniper? - Special Ops Paintball

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is a Paintball Sniper? Read this and find out what we really are... Rate Topic: ****- 7 Votes

#121 User is offline   rookiebird187 

• the shredder...
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:rookiebird187

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:35 PM

my answer to the sniper debate debacle is this... now I dont get really deep into thins so it could be easy to follow what I am saying...

OK lets look at the sppl, name one team who has one a qualifier who had a member who wore a ghillie suit and played the true sniper role. One shot one kill, stalk for hours, and retreat? THIS my friends is a sniper. I played in the Oregon SPPL, the top 6 teams did not have one "sniper" and wasted all of those who thought they did. You can argue it as much as you want but in the SPPL (competitive woodsball) snipers are redundant. It's obvious I'd rather have a speedballer with a faster gun and quick on his feet then a true sniper.

Now, before you paintball snipers get angry and send me hatemail. let me say this. In a scenario enviroment (dday, emr conquest, etc) paintball snipers do have a place. But they really shouldn't be called snipers. They may have a ghillie on and might not be able to be seen. That is good stuff man that can really slow down an opposition in a scenario. I like Specops term Ghost flanker personally. But the term sniper isn't just someone who is stealthy and has a ghillie. It is a true one shot one kill nearly invincible force. You might just be that when your playing with your buddies in your back yard. But come play against Cal Gridlock, Forest Demons, or any other type of SPPL style team and you will not be able to hang. Just doesn't happen guys..sorry, history in the SPPL has shown us that. Now if a sniper team of 10 wins a qualifier then I stand corrected and will edit this post saying I was wrong.

So in conclusion, scenario's=snipers are ok and can be used effectively.
any type of competitive woods game=keep the ghillie at home because it will serve you no good

P.s. before someone pops out and says "oh yeah I shot 17 people out at the last sppl in my Ghillie" yes you may have, but did you win the qualifier? Or were you outdid by a faster team who had the swing base flag up before you could get a good spot? just a question, I could be wrong though, maybe someone on here is the Tom Berennger of paintball, I never know...

Proudly Sponsored by Special Ops paintball

#122 User is offline   lightheavygunner 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

Toadd to that, a lot of military marksmen who are a decent bit sneaky call themselves snipers. He may flank a small group, kill them and come back alive, but he tries to ambush a large squad and gets swiss cheesed. Then their's those very few people like Sgt. York who can snipe an entire brigade into submission. That is a true sniper.

An average paintball player who plays with his friends in the woods behind his house may win every game by being sneaky and poppin people with one shot every time may call himself a sniper, but if he goes to a field and pays against people who have been playing for a long time, he will get lit up. There are few people in the world that can call themselves true paintball snipers.

This post has been edited by lightheavygunner: 11 August 2007 - 03:24 PM

Hammer- How fast do you want that wall painted?
Why try to hit someone with one ball when you can unload an entire hopper on'em, that ways
more fun!

#123 User is offline   28spike28 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:13 PM

Rookiebird, i understand what your saying. but to completely defy that snipers dont exist in the SPPL is redundant in certain points. just because they didnt qualify at your regionals doesnt mean they havent at others.

and by calling them ambush snipers and ghost flankers is what spec ops is doing as they might have seen what you did. yes i used ambush snipers. easily defined as this to me, a lone man with ghillie and accuracy on his gun holding up a squad of attackers to irritate and demoralize them till further help arrives to finish them off or give your defense a chance to prepare for the onslaught of the attacking force.

#124 User is offline   Spartan 0117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spartan 0117

Post icon  Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:47 PM

View Postghostinthewood, on Dec 21 2006, 06:17 PM, said:

View PostPhillips, on Apr 20 2006, 05:45 PM, said:

Well I have a dictionary infront of me that doesnt describe it in those ways. I was mearly trying to make a point of having NO debate. We could cal them sharpshooters though you dont have to have range for that.

You dont for snipers either. Range is a thing that has only recently been associated with snipers. This means for their 200+yr history, only about 1/6 of that has been closely associated with range. 1/6 Isnt a lot for the 5/4 of you who dont understand fractions.

They didnt define sniping, they got it refined for the Marine Corp., as they believed they didnt need snipers.

Mr. Hathcock, and others, have said its pointless to take 1000+m shots when you could walk and easy 2-400 more meters without being deteced from that distance. Sure range was an advantage for them, but against Ak's that outranged our M16's(400m). Not to mentions the snipers, if you have read all the books, faced Quads. Those were anti-aircraft weapons. So, that brings the range out even farther. Not to mention his favorite poison was the Browning .50. Thats a machine gun.

If you had done your research and read more than just the adventures about Mr. Hathcock, then you would have known that for awhile the Marine snipers were using M1C's and D's. These are simply modified M1's with basically a cheeck piece and a scope. Those are the same weapons that were used for basic Infrantry in Korea and WWII. You could go all the way back through time and find that most sniper rifles are just modified infrantry rifles. There were countless muzzleloaders that people used during the first few wars that shaped our nation, that people called snipers because they were consistant. Look at Davy Crockett. He used a muzzeloader, thats all there was. However, hes known as a great shot. Of course you can make custom handloads and this and that but he wasnt a gunsmith nor had the tools to do this. He just did what he did because he practiced that way.

Heres a short list to back myself some on infrantry gone sniper.

Lee Enfield Mk 1 - Lee Enfield Mk1(T)
Springfield - 1903A4
Mosin Nagant - Mosin Nagant 1891-30
M1 - M1D
Galil - Galil Sniper Rifle
AK - Dragonuv SVD/SVU/VSS/VSK
M14 - M21/M25
Mauser 98 - Mauser SP66/Mauser 86SR
G3 - PSG1/MSG90
AR-15/M16 - AR-10/SR-25

As you can see, our last 3 assault rifles have sniper rifle counter parts. The Ruskies have us beat with their AK turning out 4 sniper rifles.

Also, as a kinda side note, the Barret series of .50's were made as a lighter, more mobile, version of the Browning Ma Deuce. So that means the Browning machine gun has turned out the M82's, M90, M95, M99, M500, and inspired the 20mm M107 whenever production begins on it.

Then you have all sorts of G3's, Mausers, and tons of WWI area guns used in WWII as bolt action sniper rifles.

If Mr. Hathcock were around, I'm sure he woudl agree, that today's military snipers arent what they used to be. They're using .50 weapons, not because its more effcient, but because they can. In Nam and other conflicts if you ahd to lug that thing around and then try to hide its report, then you would get blown to bits the moment after the bullet hit its target. Sure they have the range, but theres not as much skill involved as there used to be. However, once we go back to Korea that will change. Thats another debate however.

In any case, until recently, snipers were going back to the original meaning. Snipers originally got their name from the Snipe birds they had to have skill to hunt and shoot in and around British occupied India(if memory serves). They were hunters with a good shot. Not a long shot mind you, you couldnt see the birds from too far a distance. Nowadays most of the sniper rifles are built on sporting rifle actions. HK has their own line of sporting rifles closely resembleing some of their military rifles. Even at that I've of heard people using the world renouned PSG-1 as a hunting rifle for larger, faster, game. Then theres companies like CZ, Savage, Saco, Beretta, Springfield, Mauser, Walther, Armalite, Winchester, and Remmington who all make hutning rifles, are making military rifles. Aside from a few finer points here and there the rifles are the same. After all, the original M40 was a tuned Remmington 7000, after it beat out the Winchester 70, with an Unertl 10x scope. One of my buddies dad has the same set up, except prolly tuned better. Disregarding the fact that he's a police sniper, would he be a sniper? Better yet, what about one of my other buddies who's dad has an M24, AR-15 and 10? Is he a sniper? He has the range and he can use it well, but hes not a sniper.

Besides, why are questioning me?
Why are you questioning me?

Just because I disagree?
Look at all the reasons everyone thinks paintball snipers exists, everyone has different points. The people that 'agree' dont agree as to why. So that cant be the case.

I could understand it if I was trying to cause problems or something. But for that post? Why?
Easy, your saying you dont agree with a large number of people as to why they call themselves what they've been calling themselves forawhile. Luckily they're not a majority, otherwise they might have their own forum with sub forums! *Gasp* :D

yes but ur are forgetting the most important vesion of the berret heavy caliber guns the M82A1 50.CAl

#125 User is offline   Spartan 0117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spartan 0117

Post icon  Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:04 PM

oh and why can't anti snipers shut the hell up an go onto their own forums

nobody cares if u think we don't exists "the only reason u belive that is because u haven't even seen a decent paintball sniper

#126 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:12 PM

calm down kid its paintball and is easily thrown around by different people the main place where paintball snipers are usefull is in scenario games that they are actually able to be used most regular games call for anyone so be open to others thaughts spartan
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#127 User is offline   xsnipesx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:xsnipesx

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:55 AM

alright i dont post alot but i read alot and play alot
i get alot of crap on the field about how i look like bigfoot or whatever
and alot of people bash the "sniper" but its just a way of playing the game
and sniper to snipers there is somthing you can do for consistant shots at very decent ranges

sure the apex and flatline will get you alot more distance it not doing anything for you cause you cant hit anything

but theres a way to get strait shots if you have the money and know someone who can do it
go get your barrel rifled, that is if your not scared of your 60 dollar piece of pipe getting ruined

i had a friend [who is VERY good with metal] to put a groove rifeling into my barrel
you need a good paint/barrel match but if all goes well that 20 inch you wated all your money on IS actually more acurate than the 18 16 14 ect ect

make sure you have someone who knows what theyre doing or your gonna have a barrel that soots away from what is shooting at you

before you send me hate its just advice take it if you want or dont
but it was worth my time and im hoping that it can help all the snipers out there

#128 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:00 AM

Here is my opinion. A Paintball Sniper should be a whole new definition. There are no snipers in paintball, but there are paintball snipers.

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#129 User is offline   KnightStrike 

• Humans don't deserve to live...
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:KnightStrike

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:52 PM

The first post, which I just read, is so far the best descriptive info I've read yet. Thanks SWATORNOT, I learned quite a bit.

Call of Duty 4; GameBattles clan

#130 User is offline   The6thKamikaze 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:01 AM

I'd add one thing, move early and often as a Sniper. My little Brother will always take a shot then move, take another shot then move again. It causes mass confusion and makes it harder to find him. Besides that Perfection, and even my little quip was hinted at so great job dude.
The 6th Kamikaze of Battlefront Paintball!

#131 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:41 PM

This is an easy answer. The kid with the A-5 who has over 300 dollars of mods.
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#132 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:36 PM

why does anyone care what they call themselves, who wastes that much time debating something so utterly pointless, does it really matter if they say to you "wow dood ur no sniper ur just some noob" it DOESNT. it just means you get that much more satisfaction from hitting them in between the eyes at 75 feet and they're still wondering where you are.
(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#133 User is offline   JOHNQ25 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:15 PM

Ok I think I ve read enough...( 9 pages? :D )

One technical question to take my feedback and Iam off...

Q: "Does anyone around here knows whats a Squad's Marksman and whats a Sniper Element?"

To make it more interesting I must say that many of you people confuse your instincts with reality. What I mean? Eg. Check the backyard boys playing basketball and check the pros how they play, what is their difference? Dont be so hasty to say training and bla bla bla...
The major difference is their initial knowledge. Its What they trained for...not when, where and how much...

So, since all paintballs (based to simple physics) have the same range less or more... how can someone be a sniper? And what that has to do with a Marksman?

Take it you have a 21pbs 18'' Marker with a red dor on it...lets say a SP8 Support Ed. You and 2 other guys took a house and hold on a path...suddenly you engage this guys coming from the woods. YES, your SP8 is their main problem, and dont start with -"The are running like Marion, or they have an EGO with them etc..". You are heavily bunkered and covered. Suddenly from nowhere you get a splat on the mask...from where? IT WAS THEIR MARKSMAN my friend...A guy with a simple 1-5, about 16'' barrel zeroed to >100feet his scope and light on his load...
On the above senario ver.2.0 lets say that again you are sitting on the window looking for tangos so bored that no one has already appeared...to bad cause suddenly you get a splat on the face from a tree!!!!???? :P Yes my friend...s happens...

So, decide either you are a marksman or a sniper and play like. The rest of you just cant decide...probably is your team's problem that you dont get utilized correctly...whatever.
For you people that you tent to run with a speedball marker wearing red and blue and yellow in a wood scenery,running like crazy and shooting around ok...I think you confused the game... and by the way, be carefull, colorful clothes and violent moves can be seen from 500m away from a patient sniper covering your path...:D

Forgive me for the "fasttalk" but I cant stand watching anymore people snobbing on something they can not be because no one showed them how to...

#134 User is offline   ghilliewarrior 

• Team Sniper/Commander
  • Pip

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:32 PM

This is my view, Paintball Snipers are REAL. Why? Because we shoot the enemy from a concealed place. Yea I realize we cant shoot from 2 miles out but we do shoot from a concealed position and apply concealment into our game. Yes if we called ourselves sharpshooters we would be retarted, but we dont! There is a very noticable difference between say a heavy-gunner and a sniper. Why do people compare paintball to the military when there are also differences between the two in a heavy-gunner (i.e. ammo, rate of fire, etc.) We call ourselves snipers because we use stealth and concealment to play. If we just ran down the middle of the field with guns blazing with a ghillie suit on we wouldnt be snipers now would we? No, but if we stealthly went down the field and eliminated the enemy without them noticing us then we will call ourselves snipers. What irritates me is when a newbie who has never played calls himself a sniper just because he sits somewhere, camps, and hopes no one comes and shoots him. That right there is the reason so many people dont think paintball snipers exist because they havent seen a true paintball sniper at all. If you still feel like theres no such thing as a paintball sniper message me and we can play sometime. :ghillie:

#135 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:57 PM

Well, I'm torn on this one.

Paintballers that call themselves "snipers" are 95% tards...BUT (before they shoot me in the head for saying that)...they "do" exist and the ones that are "really" good at it can cause massive problems for opposing forces.

Two different ways I've seen paintball "snipers" be effective:

• Guy in guille suit- I've walked past guys in large scenario games and nearly pooped myself when all the sudden the bush starts asking me questions. Now, it ONLY works in large games, not in walk on firefights. AND it takes MEGA patience to just sit out there like that all day, maybe getting 1-2 kills. But if you've ever been walking along in a scenario game and when you stop next to a tree have someone say "do you surrender"...you'll understand.
  • Now, here's the way "snipers" are actually MOST effective. Again, mostly in bigger games. I've been walking through an area with a team of guys before and all of the sudden someone yells "sniper!". That ONE GUY can hold down 5-9 players, in ONE area, for a LONG time. And he doesn't even need to shoot. Once he's made his presence known, the other team is paralyzed trying to figure out where he's at.

Now, I've never had the patience for option 1. But I can tell you I've been on both sides of option 2, and it is VERY effective. I've been in groups where we literally just turned around and went a different way because a sniper was in the area. And I've played "sniper" where my whole team gets beaten back and I just lay in the bush as the other team walks past me. There's no scarier feeling in the world than knowing you're a glance away from being shot. But there also is no more satisfying feeling in paintball than being able to pop up behind a group of players that just walked by you and start gunning them down in the back.

That's my take.
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users