Special Ops Paintball: What hopper can I use on my marker in the SPPL? - Special Ops Paintball

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What hopper can I use on my marker in the SPPL?

#31 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:12 AM

Yes the Longbow magazine is considered a force feed.

But in previous conversation Rory has made the statement that due to the limited number of rounds in the spring fed stick that it would be allowed on the Ion.
The idea being yes you honestly could shoot faster than 15 with it, but you would have to reload in the next two seconds!

And as for the comment about not allowing what Spec Ops sells........sigh.

The SPPL is not about the gear! It is about the sport of true competitive woodsball coming back to the paintball market. Bringing a competitive platform to those who do not want or can not compete in the air ball fields that comprise current day professional competition in our sport.

And every competition has their own rules. In the NPPL you can only carry one gun...do the players question it....no. If you have a non functioning gun what is your choice....byebye. They rest of the circuits have rate of fire rules...yes people try to push the edge and cheat the system, but they are getting caught and penalized.

Just follow the rules set foreword this year and make your voice be know at the end of the season and see if revise the rules again next year. Oh, and if you do not play in the SPPL....do not make the "Not Fair!" cry! Everybody is due their opinion, but until you play in the events you are just guessing at the fairness and level of competition.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 20 February 2006 - 08:19 AM

#32 User is offline   gunny commander 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:delta specops 101

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:39 AM

yet again, a perfect response.i was askingg this because i was thinking about getting a black cell and competing in the sppl. i just wanted to clarify the rules B)
deffender: hey have you ever wondered why that bush moves?
commander: the bush moves?
deffender: yes, and it shoots at us and racks up many kills
MORAL: whenever you see a bush move, KILL IT QUICK OR ELSE!!!!!!!

IPB Image

#33 User is offline   8-Ball 

• The Original Elite Dagger. Original join date 061004, member #10
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:8 - BALL

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:32 AM

View Postgunny commander, on Feb 20 2006, 02:46 AM, said:

yeah ive read the rules. but truly. i remember the sppl allowing the q-bow. i do not KNOW how fast hte tac one can shoot, but ive been told that i can not shoot faster than 15 bps. but you guys have a point on the ion thing. its really not my problem, but spec ops's (no offense to them). it is their problem because why forbid something that you sell? it is going to make you more money if you allow the black cell ion. but im pretty sure the q-bow is allowed because it cn not shoot over 15 bps. thanks for the feedback

Let's clarify something here...

The Black Cell Ion IS ALLOWED in the SPPL! Just not with a hopper with an advertised feed rate of over 15 BPS, or a force fed hopper. (unless it happens to be a longbow magazine.)

I plan on running a Black Cell with a Ricochet 2Kx or similarly rated agitated hopper as ONE of my possible marker set ups for the SPPL.

The Q=Bow would not be an allowed method of feeding an Ion, but it is on a mech such as the TAC 1. Price you pay in the SPPL if you wish to run electro.

But realize this too: Just because the TAC/Mag CAN do over 15 BPS and can be force fed, there is still a rule that will penalize your team if you are caught shooting ANY marker over 15 BPS. That is the absolute highest allowed ROF in the SPPL.

#34 User is offline   Velocity1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Gideon

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:58 AM

Wow, this thread is getting longer than I ever thought it would. As a host field, I can guarentee you that the field refs (atleast the head ref) WILL be carrying a BPS counter.

If you shoot an electro (make sure it is capped at 15) and you do NOT have a "force fed" or "16+" capable hopper on your marker.

Its not hard to tell if a marker is shooting over 15 bps, just by using your ears.

And if you want my personal advice-- if you are using a Q-bow mag, on an electro and want to avoid "possible" confrontations from the refs-- make sure the gun is capped at 15!!! If a ref hears a marker firing over 15 (even if its a short burst) He is likely going to investigate. Simply because he dosent know what hopper or magazine you have on your gun and neither does the other person that you are shooting at.

Just my 2 cents..

#35 User is offline   El Toro Loco 

• Here comes the bull!! A man on a mission!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:El Toro loco

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:42 PM

[quote name='Velocity1' date='Feb 26 2006, 10:58 AM' post='532369']

And if you want my personal advice-- if you are using a Q-bow mag, on an electro and want to avoid "possible" confrontations from the refs-- make sure the gun is capped at 15!!! If a ref hears a marker firing over 15 (even if its a short burst) He is likely going to investigate. Simply because he dosent know what hopper or magazine you have on your gun and neither does the other person that you are shooting at.

simply capping an electro marker does not allow you to run a hopper advertised to feed faster than 15 bps. If you run electro you MUST use a hopper advertised to feed 15 bps or less. This removes the problem of cheater boards being brought into play.

This post has been edited by SIL3NTD3ATH: 26 February 2006 - 12:44 PM

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN, MINDS CLEAR, AND GUNS ON POINT!!!!

Here comes that crazy BULL!!!!!!!!

#36 User is offline   controller 

• Controller
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CONTROLLER

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:08 PM

my bad i didn't read it correctly.

If you run electro you MUST use a hopper advertised to feed 15 bps or less.

the q-bow magazine is allowed on electros or actually at this point on the Ion.

But in previous conversation Rory has made the statement that due to the limited number of rounds in the spring fed stick that it would be allowed on the Ion.
The idea being yes you honestly could shoot faster than 15 with it, but you would have to reload in the next two seconds!

I wonder if this means it will be allowed on all electros, if someone were to modify their electro-marker to use the q-bow mags will they still be legal? as they too would be limited in their paint supply.

#37 User is offline   8-Ball 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:05 PM

View Postcontroller, on Feb 27 2006, 01:08 AM, said:

my bad i didn't read it correctly.

If you run electro you MUST use a hopper advertised to feed 15 bps or less.

the q-bow magazine is allowed on electros or actually at this point on the Ion.

I wonder if this means it will be allowed on all electros, if someone were to modify their electro-marker to use the q-bow mags will they still be legal? as they too would be limited in their paint supply.

Mac,

I believe you are confusing the Long bow magazine with the Q-Bow magazine.

The ONLY FORCE FED hopper Rory will allow at this point on electros of any kind is the LONGBOW 21 ball capacity magazine. NOT thw Q-Bow which uses the Q-loader system. The Q-Loader is specifically NOT ALLOWED on electros.

#38 User is offline   controller 

• Controller
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2006 - 03:38 PM

aahhhhh.. thanx bud. ya I'm on the q-loader right now. not for long switching to warp feed soon...

been sick lately and not thinking right... lol

#39 User is offline   adrenalineguy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:31 AM

Here's a vote of support for what the SPPL is trying to do.

Limits are very important. I know alot of guys would suporrt 10 -12 BPS. Real gun speeds
And paintlimits.

Lets hope they stick with limits, There will certainly be alot of pressure to change to faster and shinyer.
CSPPL Rep. Greg@Adrenalinepaintball.ca

#40 User is offline   controller 

• Controller
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:13 AM

heck, I'd love to see team members limited to 210 rounds and have 1-2 gunners with 800 rounds... and that's it...

now that would be a combat load...lol

... ooh and welcome to the forum Adrenaline... I could have sworn I've seen you in the forums before...

#41 User is offline   Zasshu 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:57 PM

just to let you guys know...

a properly adjusted RT automag can easily break 25bps (if done well, can break 34bps). and q-loaders are legal on automags. this is NOT an electrc gun, and the TAC-1 uses the exact same system as the RT mags.

letting you guys know... wondered what you thought.

ive got an RT, and i was planning putting a revvy onto a warp feed into the gun. that ok? the warp feed IS capable of 22+bps, but it depends on the hopper connected to it, so it could only pull about 8 shots at 22BPS before it ran out of supply... then relied on the revvy's ~13bps

otherwise, if you remove one battery from the warp feed, it runs around 12bps or something like that...

#42 User is offline   controller 

• Controller
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:59 AM

firstly, welcome to the forum.

this has been adressed and if anyone sees you firing your mag that fast than you will have some problems, but yes you can keep that set up.

I have an RT ULE as well with the level 10 and all that jazz, but I find that a sustained rate higher than 15 is extremely difficult to maintain and anyways, I like to kill in my first few shots :blink:

#43 User is offline   Zasshu 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:23 PM

i was just wondering if Halo2 or other fast hoppers were RT mag legal...

and also my warp feed q. but it is all based on as long as you dont shoot faster than 15bps?

cuz i can make a spyder do 25bps also... mechanically... maybe faster... (same with tippmanns)

what about like a burst of like 3-5 shots? its hard to calculate a BPS on that...

#44 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:36 PM

First off the hopper restrictions are for the electro pneumatic guns.

So yes you can Q and force feed your Rt to death...totally legal.

And yes, RT guns can break the 15 bps ruling. And yes, you could probably get away with it...for a tiny short time.

The new head ref of the SPPL has more bloody reffing experience then I have playing experience...he will hear you little burst and watch you...closely...then out of no where he will hit you with a penalty for breaking the bps limits.

~From the SPPL Rules~
22.0) Inspection of Paintball Markers: All markers, equipment, and launching devices will be made available for a general inspection by SPPL staff prior to game play, including but not limited to safety status, Chronographing, and possible rate-of-fire tests. Any equipment that a player or team feels may be penalized during game play should be brought to the attention of the SPPL staff well in advance of game time. Upon request of any SPPL referee or authorized league representative, a player must immediately make available his/her marker for inspection at any time during an event. The player must not alter fire, pull the trigger, adjust, turn on or off, or operate any switch or button until the marker is inspected by SPPL staff. A marker that is in play and found to violate any rule of the SPPL shall receive an Illegal Device penalty and will be excluded from play for the duration of the event.

The penalty for an Illegal Device....20 points

We know the rules...we know how to break them....do we really want to risk our honor and the merit of our abilities by trying to push the boundaries of those rules?

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 15 March 2006 - 08:42 PM

#45 User is offline   8-Ball 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:36 PM

View PostZasshu, on Mar 16 2006, 03:23 AM, said:

i was just wondering if Halo2 or other fast hoppers were RT mag legal...

and also my warp feed q. but it is all based on as long as you dont shoot faster than 15bps?

cuz i can make a spyder do 25bps also... mechanically... maybe faster... (same with tippmanns)

what about like a burst of like 3-5 shots? its hard to calculate a BPS on that...

Get caught shooting over 15 BPS and go home!

And besides if you are caught, going home before any of the honest, serious SPPL players catch you would be a safe option to take! ;)

Share this topic:

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users