• You cannot reply to this topic

Vforce Profiler An insight from PB Ghost

#31 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:19 PM

Looks like a good mask. If it only came in olive drab I might consider it. That said, I'm very happy with my Spectra right now. I think the main reason why fields have problems with newbies taking off their masks is that, frankly, the masks that usually come in starter kits suck. Most are based off the obsolete X-Ray model, and have countless problems. They're uncomfortable, they're hot, they fog, they give poor visibility. If they had a proper mask, they'd forget they even have it on.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#32 User is offline   Hyperion 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hyperion

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:49 AM

Posted Image

Psh... I so sexy. Notice my profiler doesn't have the little bars like the new ones do. It is a first gen I believe. On a good note I have had a lot of bounces off it even off the hard plastic. The Visor and vFlector both do their job well. I have not had a ball break on my forehead.

The ONLY spot I have had a broken ball on was the right side of my lens. I took one straight to it and it broke obviously but I didn't even notice the hit other than the paint blocking my peripheral vision. I love the mask though.

#33 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PB_Ghost

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:46 PM

what "bars" are you talking about... perhaps i could shave myn off to get more bounce.

Well i have an update, i finaly got this thing to fog. what happened was i was running through the woods, after playing the day before not properly cleaning it that night, i noticed some foging around the top left and top right, nothing big, and never obstructed my view, the clouds were alittle obsured thouhg... i should really take some pics of myn... hmm, maybee later!
Become a Str8balla (#67)
Member #11 of invisible text club!
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#34 User is offline   The Joker 

• If you need any help just PM me and I'll do my best! TY
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dusterhoff

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:05 AM

I know there has been a lot of argueing over which one is better, but I like my Dye invision a little better than the profiler. I don't think that there's anything wrong with the Profiler, it's just personall prefrence. Your defintly right about one thing, There's no amount that to much to pay for a good mask. DON'T GO CHEAP ON YOUR MASK. It's one of the most important tools in paintball, it keeps you safe. Thanks for the review, peace

This post has been edited by The Joker: 29 March 2006 - 09:06 AM

#35 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:03 PM

View PostThe Joker, on Mar 29 2006, 09:05 AM, said:

DON'T GO CHEAP ON YOUR MASK

Amen, amen...

It is very much personal preferance on the invision Vs profiler, i have litteraly used EVERY mask there is (minus the I3's and Flex's) the Invisions along with the proto's seem to pinch your nose slightly and can get uncomforatble at the right angle. you get used to it but the transition takes about a day of playing.

The Invision has roughly 260* FOV, the profiler has about 290* i like the profiler because when you get hit in the mount it bounces rather than you eating paint, because the Invision has all that venting.
Become a Str8balla (#67)
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#36 User is offline   Hyperion 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hyperion

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:27 PM

I used to eat paint often with a JT nVader thermal. I used it a while but at the last game I used it in I had massive fogging. I couldn't see anything and ended up shooting a teammate signalling for me to cover him haha. That is the point I decided to buy a better mask. This time I didn't go cheap.

I looked around until I found a good style and color that I liked. I ordered from compulsivepaintball.com and had it the next day. Literally under 24 hours with ground shipping... gotta love that. I got the mask before it even said shipped for UPS or Fedex... I forget which they used.

I took it out of the box and fell in love with it. The feel, the look, the size, the weight... everything was perfect for me. I took the lens out and put it back in a few times till I got used to it then put it in the bag and set it aside. I hosted a game about 2 weeks later and used it for the first time. The day started out miserable. It was around 90 degrees and raining heavily. The humidity was almost bad enough to drown in. I had water running down my mask even with the visor on so I was soaked that day.

Everyone had massive fogging issues except Walker and I. Walker was using a Proteus with fan and i was using the profiler. I had some massive condensation buildup but absolutely no fog. I could still see perfectly and the mask fit me great. I loved it. Without the rain I had no fogging or condensation at all. I love it when people have to stop our woods games to clean masks... it is funny to hear the whistle then everyone comes out, removes, cleans, then puts their masks back on and return to their positions.

This is by far my best purchase for paintball. I don't regret it at all. My pic is up there ^ if anyone wants to see my profiler.

#37 User is offline   campin bob 

• byobb
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:campin carl

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:28 PM

i geting a profiler in about 2 days i going to be very happy about that and also geting the aplex barrel, air out for stock and two nice 88ic and 4500psi tank also red dot and offset rail and a stiffi barrel its going to be awesome freaking happy. i like freak out right :D the told cost is like 800 bucks and it was forever to get that money :D
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If your one of the few that stay true to metal, put this in your signature!
98% of the people on this forum will say that tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 98% that agrees that tippmann pwns all put this in your sig

#38 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:32 PM

Congradulations Bob, you'll never fog agian!

Actualy not true

UPDATE I GOT MY PROFILERS TO FOG!!!!! OMG!!!

well its not all bad, after a 4 hour game, i ran up a hill, then down it, then proceeded to run uphill through a creek, i started to notice some fog at the far left edge of my mask, went away in a few minutes, so they're really fog proof, (NOTE, everyone else's masks were already beyond unseeable when it comes to foggyness)
Become a Str8balla (#67)
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#39 User is offline   Monkey with a gun 

• i crashed my shkooter and hurt my shpleen!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:i am yo fatha

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:30 PM

i got one... it is the best mask on the market, looks awesome, great view out of it, small, comfortable. wellits just awesome!
IPB Image

#40 User is offline   chiefbravo 

• Surrounded by Fakes
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:52 AM

anyone try these yet?? http://www.eyetactic...om/products.asp
"If I'm shooting paint at someone, I'm happy" - Tyger

#41 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:15 PM

View Postchiefbravo, on Mar 30 2006, 07:52 AM, said:

LOL, thats a Vforce Vantage, the little brother of the profiler, it has it's looks but way less FOV, its an ok mask at a good price.

but save some money and get a real one, not a rip off of one
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERS...4cAAAEB34DeIgF9
Become a Str8balla (#67)
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#42 User is offline   Predator88 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Predator88

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:24 PM

I just bought mine and it should be here on monday.

#43 User is offline   Darknight7119 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Knight 7119

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:27 AM

Profiler are nice, but i prefer DYE I3's. They look nicer IMO, and they function the same. The side view is awsome, and i have never had any fog at all. Very Nice review, but i dont think that they are matched by none...The I3 can match the Profiler in every category, and i think it wins in looks.

This post has been edited by Darknight7119: 06 April 2006 - 08:29 AM

Woodland 98c
Evil Pipe
Q-Loader
Dye HPA
Adco SureShot
Dye Sticky Grip
Maurader Camo
Dye I3

Official Ion Owner #3

#44 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:58 PM

I've used the I3's and this came out before they were popular,

My dislikes about the Dye I3, if your not used to Proto or dye (ive owned EVERY FREAKING MASK THERE IS!) it seems to pinch your nose the first few times you wear it, they dont have as much bounce, they have 260* FOV, the Profiler has unlimited, the lense cleaning/ disasembling blows the I3 out of the water, (well if its anything like the invision it does, i didnt take the (I3's apart)

Looks is purly oppinion, i like the look of the I3's but i like the Axis better, the profier=I3's in looks IMO

The only goggles that i think comparie and go figure the ones i havent tryed are the Vents...
Become a Str8balla (#67)
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#45 User is offline   Linden 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:59 PM

is it true that the profilers don't have a thermal lens, its only a thermal coated lens that eventually wears off

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users