• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dye lock lid pods

#1 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:44 PM

I know i dosnt sound like a big deal but i think there a handy thing to have a round. They have little bumps on the side so it stays snug in your harness sometimes to snug so i take it out a little so less is in the harness. It carries more balls then a regular tube as well and it will never (unless you gouge it) spill. With the pushing down of a large easy to reach button on your pod it oppens which means no more neading to pre open new pods so they arnt jamed when you try to open them in game time. There very durable and even though pods are an overlooked peice of geers ,its a nice thing to have if regular pods lids get caught and open from you thumb or an outside force.

I give it a 10 out of 10 definatly worth it.

This post has been edited by Gwac: 25 January 2006 - 06:45 PM

#2 Guest_Headshotjester_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:51 PM

They are the best of the best IMO.

#3 User is offline   Warriortothecore882 

• out of retirement
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warriortothecore882

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:57 PM

I just bought some of the standard SpecOps 140's, but those looked good, I just didn't have the money to spend on them.

Fortem et Honorem - Strength and Honor

#4 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:00 AM

Headshotjester, on Jan 25 2006, 06:51 PM, said:

agreed 100% :blink:

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#5 User is offline   ninja monkey 

• Team: Shadow Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:M00K

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:08 AM

oldguny, on Jan 26 2006, 11:00 AM, said:

Headshotjester, on Jan 25 2006, 06:51 PM, said:

agreed 100% :blink:

i agree with that, i have 5 of them but i only carry 2-4 at a time but i love mine, they are easy to use and quick to open....... it also makes it so that you can do it one handed alot easier than any other pod and give you about 160 balls per tube and with 4 pods thats about 640 paintballs you can carry around with you. awesome!!!!! 10/10 GREAT PRODUCT!!!!!!

#6 User is offline   paintman2151 

• COMMAND SERGENT
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:41 PM

these are the best of the best and i wouldnt go anywhere without them
Check out my D-Day Scenario Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw31DMkJWl4...re=channel_page

^^^^WATCH THE VIDEO^^^^

#7 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:49 PM

I'll second any of these posts. However, I'm giving them a 9/10 for two SMALL reasons.

While the slide-lock is great, some Harnesses may have trouble with these. I used to have an NXe 4+1, and to secure the pods, I had to push them far enough in so the velcro on the strap would work. However, on occasion the slide would catch the pod when I pulled it out, and I would dump paint. These events were few in number, but none the less annoying.

Another problem is the size. While it's also a good thing, they are hard to fit into the elastic straps on my Flurry Vest and elastic straps in general. While this let's me know they are secure, it is hard to get them out in the middle of a firefight, and impossible to replace into the strap after I use them.

I got 6 of these off eBay for $20 shipped, and got another free, and I carry all 7 on the field. I bought these after having other's break during play, some even from just me doing a quick roll over them. These, I am pleased to say, have yet to even crack after 6 months of medium use.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#8 User is offline   Brownies 

• ^hehe^
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:GHILLIE SNIPER

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:54 AM

i bought a pack of 6 and i love them! i can finally open my pods with one hand
IPB Image
yay! finally a sig that obeys the guidelines

#9 User is offline   millencolinjames 

• look at my cool block things
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:millencolin

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:41 PM

props to these pods. They never open unless u want em to.
there is no evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck norris allows to live.
" BEES ? Who gets killed be bees?! BOINK that, i would puch every bee in the face!!" - Dane Cook

#10 User is offline   larnerj 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ICDRECON

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:25 PM

Ive only had one problem with these pods. They are made more for speedball. In some of the tactical harnesses the pods seem to be a little too long and the straps are streched to the max and detach quite easy. Also with the bumps they are very tight in the harness and are very hard to get in and out quickly. Dont get me wrong these pods themselves are by far the best pods i have ever used. But may be unessesary for strap-in harnesses.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate: Outwar style link

#11 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:02 PM

they arent "made for speedball" they are made with an extra 20 round capacity. So most harnesses have trouble with them fitting. They fit perfectly fine in all cops911 vests and spec ops vests. If your harness has open tops for the pods they will fit fine. If the end of the pod holder is closed though, you might have problems.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#12 User is offline   Bosco 

• That's just how I roll
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bosco

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:01 AM

yet another praise for them. I plan to get more as I only have one right now but the construction and durability is outstanding.

#13 User is offline   PNTBLLRDYE 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PNTBLLRDYE

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:25 AM

everyone is saying there good because you can open them with one hand, i open normal pods with one hand, no big deal. i think there good pods over all but not for 8 dollars can. each. for speedball wich i do play, i wouldent dare bring them there, theyd crack in an instase if someone were to step on them, although for woodsball there ok....Its nice and all that they hold 160 but if you do have a tac cap or somthing smaller than 160 there pretty much usless, there a REMOVED CONTENT to put into a harness if you have elastic straps, but fine if u dont...i brought in 1 of my lock lids one day, rolled over it and it cracked, luckaly i just used it up

over all 5 outta 10 most of dye stuff is good, i know its all i wear and i love it...but there pods...i dunno...next youll see PROTO almost locking lids :dodgy:

Please do not bypass my swear filter. You know what you are doing. You get one freebie from me. -lego

This post has been edited by Legato: 05 August 2007 - 04:33 AM

#14 User is offline   Blaze008 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:FJA

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:51 AM

I used to love these things. They're nice to open, the bubbled pod surface makes them easy to hold.

Then I went speedballing with them. Twice when I went to slide the entire top lid would completely separate from the pod, spilling my 140balls on the field. This was very uncool for $8 pods. "Lock"lids my butt

#15 User is offline   gameystar333 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PYROPAINTBALLER

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:53 AM

i have one it works very good
guy "How come you guys didn't arm the bomb"
aimforthetrash "because we all died"
my crowning forum achhivement
Feedback here soon.
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users