Special Ops Paintball: The do's and don'ts of sniper paintball - Special Ops Paintball

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The do's and don'ts of sniper paintball here's some helpful tips Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#61 User is offline   magnadoid 

• Shot God
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 October 2007 - 07:26 PM

great post, I have already located some of my gear on the site that you posted and I would have saved hundreds if I had got it there. Here is a site that has really good scopes at a major discount ( http://www.matchstickglobal.com/index.php?...ea6756711f97691 ).
You will never see it coming!

if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig!
blkob on rap4 forums

#62 User is offline   Sniper Hunter19 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:39 PM

That was a great post but i need to know more about gear everyone one says to get camoflauged but no one syas where to ge the camo cloth tape

#63 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:17 AM

http://www.cheaperth...55991-1197.html ACU

ACU is helpful if you are in buildings of a concrete nature alot.

http://www.cheaperth...55991-1197.html

MARPAT Woodland

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#64 User is offline   nevascared 

• PredatoR
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:nevascared

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:55 PM

View PostDances_With_Nutz, on Jan 9 2007, 11:29 PM, said:

There arent paintball snipers period. There cant be the "sniper" role in paintball....

dont hate me cause you aint be... bizzoch.

im back people... for awhile. i know i havent been on the forums latley. but ive decided to go back to my roots,
and thanks for all the great comments everyone i really appreciate it.
IPB Image
Live by the sniper. Or die by the sniper.

#65 User is offline   nirvanasniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:54 PM

1million thnks dude for making this post.

#66 User is offline   arcani 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:arcani

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:26 PM

I really appreciate you helping those of us newer to the sniper ideals. thanks a ton

#67 User is offline   ECOracer 

• 1/2 Mechanical 1/2 Electronic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ECORACER

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:23 PM

Great post!!

im thinking about getting into "sniping" and this helped out alot!

#68 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:35 PM

what is the "academy" that you referenced?
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#69 User is offline   NOOBIEJUDGE 

• ^^^ OH YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH
  • PipPip

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:14 PM

:ghillie: Yea hopefully this will help out alot of newbies trying to be a sniper. :ghillie:

#70 User is offline   EvilxTriumphs 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:05 PM

great advice i usualy play point for a bit on a field and learn the places and lets say while im up in the middle fighting and the battle is real intense and everyone starts to fight for fire supremecy (sp?) i'll pull behind some cover big tree or something and then while i wait for them to realise their low on paint and reload and while im waiting i'll look around and try to see some cover then the next game i'll take off my regular mods and get my sniper mods on and head on the flanks and then once i get on one i just pick them off one by one
"Evil triumphs when good men do nothing"

"War doesn't determine whos right, Only whos left."

#71 User is offline   Shunk Shunk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Shunk Shunk

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:40 AM

I see that a place called Academy was talked about for camo, But I'm not familiar with it. Is it a retail store or is there a website for the place as well?

#72 User is offline   Alec 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MR1SNIPS

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:18 PM

the cheap sniper is a great way to look at the role of sniper
not only can you buy more gear for your cash but the cheaper stuff is less flashy
i accually made my own ghillie out of camo underarmor for the shirt camo BDU's for pants and took vehicle mesh and some zip ties about 4 inches long
its rediculusly effective mostly because its homemade
it doesnt have that "manufactored" look to it
Even if you are 20 feet from someone and they look right at you a good amount of the time they dont see you.
Even when they do they almost always do a double-take which provides ample time to click off a few shots.

The other most true statement is higher ground isnt only a great song but a great practice.
At a local field(nothing too nice) which was comprized of mostly close-together bunkers and a giant 2 story "rocket" for which the field is named after. There is a ridge to the right side of the field and a ditch to the left. Sniper country.
First game i played the ditch by belly crawling half the way and walked 20 feet up to my best friend who looked at me and figured a bush isnt that much of a threat even thought this particular bush was walking in the middle of the road. His split second mistake landed him 4 shots up his arm from the side and when he refused to move so i could get his teammate next to him i figured 2 shots to the mask couldnt hurt. Both ended up getting out and a speedball back play lit me up because i was dancing in the middle of the road.(Ghost Flanker Technique)

Second game i took the ridge which was slanted down in my favor and had a teammate bunker hop up to a dug in location of 3 who were reaking havoc on the field below. He took one out and made the other two duck for cover giving me the chance to find a log on the tape line to crawl another 20 feet for a better angle. By the time i got to the end my friend had called out and gave the remaining two a false sense of security. I almost laughed as my silent 20 inch barrel coughed up 3 shots for 2 eliminations. All three hit. 40ft shot. After that i made a small mistake of crouching around on the ridge trail and got spotted by one of the opposing team. I sprinted the last 30 yard to their 0 and kinda forgot it was a capture the flag so i thought by touching their back line i won. I didn't. However i had outrun the other guys interest and was sitting behind 5 guys who had no idea i was there. 2 surrenders 2 elimintations by paint and i got shot by my own team.
Word of advice.
IF THERE IS ONLY ONE GUY IN THE WHOLE PLACE WITH A GHILLIE SUIT AND YOU KNOW HES ON YOUR TEAM DONT SHOOT HIM. PLEASE PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THE GHILLIE GUYS SO YOU DONT HAVE TO BOTHER WITH TEAM RIBBONS OR HOWEVER YOUR FIELD MARKS IT.
THANKS FOR THE CHANCE TO BRAG

note i have a manual mr1 with 20 inch tac smart parts barrel remote tank 4+1 harness grav feed hopper red dot scope
homemade ghille and gloves
and as another note foggy mask is easily solved by wearing a full head wrap it eliminate all the moisture in you breath. just make sure the wrap is breathable
thanks for the paint weight tip never thought of that
have fun and dont pay too much - Alec

#73 User is offline   Spartan 0117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spartan 0117

Post icon  Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:17 PM

was anyone like me

were u like me when i started playin the sniper role an u tried out ur gun on the first game an u went to make the calculations for the drop and so u put the site about 2 or 3 inches above his head and when u fire the paintball dives 3 or so feet and hits him in the groin

And i still feel srry for that guy

#74 User is offline   ghilliewarrior 

• Team Sniper/Commander
  • Pip

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:24 PM

Well Im gonna stick to the topic here.

THE DOS
-Wait until the enemy has passed to shoot.
-Pick cover with good concealment and plenty of shooting lanes.
-Always have an escape route for your position.
-Always stay as low as possible when near an enemy.
-Be as quite as possible and notice your surroundings that might make noise (i.e. branches, leaves, etc.)
-If you don't think you will hit your target then wait until he is closer or another target is available. No need to blow your cover over one guy.
-Its a good thing to have a ghillie suit.
-Use paths less traveled to move.

THE DONTS
-Dont shoot at the first enemy you see. Assess the situation and shoot based upon that.
-Dont hide in trees.
-Dont make sudden, fast, movements.
-Dont hide in an area that doesnt blend with your ghillie.

I know those arent alot but I hope this helps anyway! :ghillie:

#75 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:50 PM

Those are honestly my most common decisions I have to make on the field when I play and I feel are the most important concepts to understand for stalking and ambushing in general.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users