Special Ops Paintball: The do's and don'ts of sniper paintball - Special Ops Paintball

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The do's and don'ts of sniper paintball here's some helpful tips Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#16 User is offline   sniperguru 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:newsniper

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:57 AM

Awesome job, and a great post. Always good to remember tactics, and practice them often until they become second nature, then keep practicing them to keep bad habits from forming and the skills becoming rusty. You may not use all the skills each game, but that does not mean you do not have to practice them.

#17 User is offline   GhostLeader 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GhostLeader

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:38 PM

Good post, but don't be so stuck on the idea of walking the tape line. The middle of the field can be a wonderful place, especially if it's thick with brush. I play on a private woods field and nobody goes into the middle except me. I've ambushed more people out of that little patch of brush than anywhere else on the field. Like you said, walk the field before game, and if there's good thick brush in the center of the field don't be afraid to use it, just don't be seen getting in there, because then you're screwed. But no matter where you go, don't ever be predictable. A predictable sniper is a dead sniper.

To add to your advice, once you've purchased a gun and a barrel to match, seriously look into a good stock and a red dot scope. Stock helps brace the gun, and scope helps on the one shot, one kill.

When hiding, make sure to take advantage of shadows. Shadows are the greatest thing in the world, you can see out, but they usually can't see in. Add that to the fact that your opponents probably aren't looking for you wherever you are and you'll never be found.

Another thing a lot of people underestimate is the paint to barrel match. I know that every other post on here says the same thing, but it cannot be stressed enough. The thing is that you don't need a Freak Barrel system to get the perfect bore match everytime. Match the paint you buy to your barrel, not the barrel to the paint. I've also noticed that I have better performance from paint with a harder shell and thicker fill. It bounces less and is more readily visible upon breakage. Makes it easier to tell if you got him from halfway across the field.

One final word of wisdom, don't shoot immediately if someone lands a ball close to you. They might be shooting around randomly trying to spook your ambush, and if you shoot back before you have a clean shot you're playing right into their hands. Don't let a close shot freak you out, take aim at the person who shot and be ready to squeeze one off should they point their gun at you agiain, but otherwise hold on target. It takes nerves of steel and you may get shot out a few times before you can distinguish between random shooting and target spotted, but if you don't have the balls to get shot or nerves of steel, you don't deserve to call yourself a paintball sniper.

#18 User is offline   lucky sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:lucky sniper

Posted 26 April 2006 - 08:58 AM

yea nice post i been playing sniper for 5 years and i wish i found that out befor i did the hard way i went through so much gear befor i fell in love with my tippy and sniper upgrades anyway snipers need to stick together to shut up the people like "snipers dont exist in paintball" lol thats the people we should hunt

#19 User is offline   speedygun 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:speedygun

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:56 PM

HEY THIS IS SPEEDY GUN UM IS THIS A GOOD BARREL FOR MY TIPPMANN 98 OR IS IT TO LONG

Product Name: Smart Parts Tactical Rifled Barrel
Product ID: 5303

Manufacturer: Smart Parts

Description: This new tactical barrel is long, accurate, and quite which makes it perfect for milsim and woodsball play. It is 20 inches in length, straigh ported, stiff arbor honed, and ceramic and teflon coated.
Price: $34.99

Barrel Threading Impulse Tippman A5 Tippman 98

Qty:

View Postnevascared, on Jan 19 2006, 10:30 PM, said:

I created this topic because I'm always seeing snipers do the right thing at the wrong time, and vice-versa. Here are some tips that I found useful for my game of sniping.

1. It's OK to be a cheap sniper. It's not how much you spend on a product is what your going to get (few exceptions). In fact being a cheap sniper can help you. If you had but loads of money then you might spend it on a bunch of worthless garbage. Start off with the fundamentals. Buy a good barrel. I recommend a J&J for the price. I use a Stiffi carbon fiber, which is my fav, but at the time I had a high budget. Now I'm poor as dirt. Spend cash wisely. Here's a good site for cheap products. Good price, good gear.

2. When ambushing, don't shoot at the first second you see the enemy (unless you're spotted). Itís always better to wait till' the squad/ player/ whatever passes you before you take a shot. Doing so can lead to more time to shoot, and a lower profile. Letís say youíre sitting in the bushes and you see a squad advancing toward the right. Most noobs lose their stomachs and fire repeatedly. If he misses then he's stuck in an all out, outnumbered firefight. Unless god gives him the miracle of his life, he'll have a VERY low risk of winning. Don't let this happen to you. Remember, WAIT TILL THEY PASS YOU. Plus, you get bragging rights by popping' them in the butt. :D

3. Donít pretend to be a HAMMER. If you get caught up in a huge firefight, then your best chance is to fall back and flank. You can't just blind-fire into everything in sight; you need some strategy if youíre going to be a sniper. Just calm down and relax. Think about what the best plan would be and execute it. Don't lose you cool when it goes and gets tough.

4. Just keep calm. When either a squad is advancing, gun shots fire, or a spider in your mask :), you just need to stay calm. REMEMBER, youíre supposed to be the sneakiest guy in wood ball. If you just stay calm and don't move, you're nearly invisible. Blow your cool, and blow your cover. Take deeps breaths (unless someoneís real close to you, then you might be heard) count to 10. Do whatever works for you to remain calm.

5. Don't make a commotion. One of the most common things that noobish snipers do is to move around at the wrong time and place. Just think, if they were to hear you, then 50 paintballs would be popped into your body, ALL OVER your body. If you need to move, do it at the necessary time, but still remain quiet doing it.

6. Use a tactic and not an improvisation (misused term but you get it). Running out with guns blazing is pointless. Like when you hunt deer do you run out with a shot gun and pump as much lead into the buck as possible? No. you do it with skill. Before you enter ANY area, make sure you know what you're going to do in that area. Whether you see enemies or not, you never know if there's a sniper in the bushes. Plan out your attack before executing a make up as you go plan.

7. Running up the middle is a tactic for daggers, sabres and EXT. Rather than running up the middle, stick to the sides. That way you don't have to face tons of baddies. Sticking to the side can also be a GREAT attacking strategy. Just stick to the sides and pick em' off one by one.

8. Another thing most snipers do is to spend the most money on every product. thereís is a little worm out there that call himself a "bargain" if you see one barrel at the price of 50$, and the same barrel at 150$,. Take the cheaper one. Sure, its fun to say,Ē well my barrel costs 150$," but itís even better to say,Ē I got a barrel worth 150$ for 50$". Use the extra money for more mods.

9. If your wearing anything that doesn't match with your environment. I don't care about what anyone says, but I think that camo is a HUGE HUGE HUGE factor when it comes to improving your game. I don't care about what you say but it can help you play a heck v' a lot better. If your wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans and don't get spotted, good for you. But eventually youíre going to get your cover blown. I recommend going to Academy and picking you up some sort of camo. You can buy a ghille hood there for 11$. And gun covers for 3$. In fact last time I came in there, I saw a full ghille suit for 22$. I say you go there, and pick you up any type of camo. Want to spend 200$ on action ghille? Be my guest. But for those who want to save a few hundred dollars, stick with the middle class camo. Sure it may not be as cool as action ghille, but it suffices. And itís a whole lot better than a white shirt and jeans. I also recommend Real tree, and Mosey Oak camo. Lightweight, blends well, great for simple back yard ballin'.

10. I don't think that there is any other way to say this but, DON'T BE A HERO! If you know that you're getting bombarded and that you can't win this firefight, then retreat! It's ok to lower your self esteem for a moment, and then raise it even higher the next. So it's kind of like 1 step backwards and 3 steps forward! If youíre up against 7 guys and youíre all alone, then fall back! Hide in the bushes and wait for them to go chasing after you. Then shoot them while their pre-occupied with finding you. Being a coward can work sometimes, give it a shot, I recommend you won't regret it.

11. Walk the field! This is one important issue. Walking the field before a game can make and break a player. This gives you an ultimate tactical advantage. Do this before every match.

Hope this topic helps you like it did me! I'll edit it as I find more common mistakes. Good luck and God's speed! :)
,.:;NeVaScArEd;:.,

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  OK.jpg (25.51K)
    Number of downloads: 18

This post has been edited by speedygun: 02 May 2006 - 04:59 PM

#20 User is offline   sniperwannabe48 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:01 PM

im a noob and i read and it was awesome nice post

sniperwannabe48-----peace

#21 User is offline   Air Strike 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:tactical snipa

Posted 26 May 2006 - 05:14 AM

good post! :ph34r:

#22 User is offline   xfriggenxbobx 

• xfriggenxbobx
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:xfriggenxbobx

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:03 PM

very helpful post.. nice job
wtf mate?
IPB Image

#23 User is offline   CelticSniper 

• I Love the Celtics
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BRSBCNEP

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:20 PM

Excellent post. I've tried them since I saw this and they haven't failed me yet.

#24 User is offline   Tippy98Csniper 

• Le Noob Pwner~
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Neishun

Posted 11 June 2006 - 10:00 AM

Not really Do's and Dont's but good job :)

This post has been edited by Tippy98Csniper: 11 June 2006 - 10:00 AM

IPB Image
IPB Image

#25 User is offline   the farlinator 

• Yo
  • PipPip

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:18 PM

i like this advice, it was good reinforcement to my existing knowledge

#26 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Post icon  Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:45 PM

something i found out is that low brush about waist high is better than brush thats thick and above your head. ex. in the thick brush i described usualy to go another way other than right where the path is takes lots of carefull looking (i got pinned doing this) where as in light brush not only do people not expect u to be there but u can usualy knock over some grass to make your own path, u can get a killer vantage point or find bunkers long lost in the infinate grass, angles pop up like mad and youll find yourself able to make yourself a threat at tens or twentys of poor folk who walk right in front of u... (dont take all the shots, youll give away your position)

#27 User is offline   i-am-everywhere 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:sniperwannabe

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:19 PM

Good info man. This will help out a lot of newbies like my-self. This should get a sticky.
good job!!!

i-am-everywhere
S-sneaky
N-never seen
I-in the shadows
P-perfect position
E-every game
R-Rarly misses

#28 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:50 AM

well thank you... however i am a noob and i hear so many people saying walk the tape... like its a majic solution. however there are soooo many placees where u can go otherwize (equally or more effective) even experienced players want to walk the tape! maybe its the only killer tactic they heard of and there too lazy to find another... (wich i would say makes them noobs!)

#29 User is offline   parasite 

• Parasite
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:parasite

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:20 PM

View Postweeebeep, on Jul 14 2006, 08:50 AM, said:

well thank you... however i am a noob and i hear so many people saying walk the tape... like its a majic solution. however there are soooo many placees where u can go otherwize (equally or more effective) even experienced players want to walk the tape! maybe its the only killer tactic they heard of and there too lazy to find another... (wich i would say makes them noobs!)

Walking the tape is usually a sure way to find someone. Thats why most people head that way, including the other team. Its just like a football game there aren't many times people try to run it up the middle, theres just to much stuff to slow you down. The best positions for sniping are always in a position you know people aren't going to walk while your looking at were you think they might.

#30 User is offline   stealthyslayer15 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:TheRocker

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:10 PM

that was pretty good very seldom do i read long posts but this is a good one gotta give ya props on this

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users