Flurry Emissary Vest This thing is amazing

#46 User is offline   Hyperion 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Hyperion

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:52 AM

View PostMastersgtzeus, on Feb 19 2006, 12:36 AM, said:

I have to agree here. The flurry vest is the best I have ever used. it's great for big guys with the extender straps.. I'm 6'7" 330 lbs etc and it fits me perfectly. It's so well balanced and distributes weight perfectly.

I threw a few pics in here to show my appreciation of this vest. Click them to view full size.

It's a great purchase.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Damn... you're big... I would probably be scared to death if I ran into you in the woods...

I am looking into this vest too. After reading this post and realizing I am in desperate need of a vest I started to look into picking one of these up. A little more expensive than I was hoping to spend but I guess you pay for quality. I really need to pick one up sometime. I kinda want a mil sim gun as well but my cocker/electra will do for now. Need a TAC 8 and A5 set up with a raider kit... then I would be happy... and quit buying paintball guns...

#47 User is offline   Charon 

• Tippinators.com
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Charon

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:20 AM

The guys on my team use the Flurry vest and we love them. If you are planning to get one make sure you enter TIPPINATORS in the coupon code section when you check out and you will get a 5% discount on your order.

This post has been edited by Charon: 03 April 2006 - 08:07 AM

#48 User is offline   Punchy91 

• Hawaiian Punch
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Group

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:55 PM

i recently bought the flurry emmissary vest and i'll have to say that i do love it...i've used it twice now, once during the weekend long scenario and just last weekend and i really don't have anything bad to say about it other than i wish that the o2/nitro bottle pouch were more fixed than holding on velcro but all in all it's a great vest. i'd recommend this vest to anyone and my team are switching to the flurry vests.

Attached File(s)

How many times do I have to shoot you before you call yourself out???????!!!!!!!!

#49 User is offline   SANDMAN26 

• Freelancer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sandman26

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:02 AM

Yea i jut bought a flurry like 2 weeks ago, and got to try it out last weekend. The only thing i could say is that the foam does hold in moisture and heat. It was only 50 some degrees out, but i pulled the padding so i could stay cool.

I was kinda worried when i got it at first becuz it was loose, but after I moved the stuff around on the back it fits fine now, its nice that you can configure the pods and tank however you want on the back. Very comfortable

This post has been edited by SANDMAN26: 05 April 2006 - 08:03 AM

#50 User is offline   Decima_Mas 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Decima_Mas

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:18 PM

How solid are the pouches... i mean just velcro? They may come off in a frenzied snatch for a pod... no?

Ben

EDIT Also the tank pouch looks a little loose.. i have a 20 oz and i certainly don't want anything falling out

This post has been edited by Decima_Mas: 17 April 2006 - 10:28 PM

#51 User is offline   Mastersgtzeus 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mastersgtzeus

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:44 PM

View PostDecima_Mas, on Apr 18 2006, 01:18 AM, said:

How solid are the pouches... i mean just velcro? They may come off in a frenzied snatch for a pod... no?

Ben

EDIT Also the tank pouch looks a little loose.. i have a 20 oz and i certainly don't want anything falling out

Lol u guys are killing me.

I have had my flurry for about 4 months now and played probably 8 or 9 different weekends with it so far.

I carry an PMI 88/4500 tank which is huge.. and I have never had my tank pouch nor pod pouces even hint of coming loose. The velcro label is overated.. this is strong velcro that's not going anywhere..

if u don't trust it.. then buy another vest.. but Iwould not trad emy flurry vest for anything!..

#52 User is offline   Warriortothecore882 

• out of retirement
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warriortothecore882

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:40 AM

Like mastersgtzeus said, the velcro label is messing with your head. It is durable velcro, it isn't coming off unless you take it off yourself. Let me ask you this: would they be able to sell as many as they do if it was a shoddy product?

Fortem et Honorem - Strength and Honor

#53 User is offline   S.S.Mario 

• A sniper is just a player on a budget. A Broadword isn't.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:S.S.MARIO

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:10 AM

View PostWarriortothecore882, on Apr 18 2006, 06:40 AM, said:

Like mastersgtzeus said, the velcro label is messing with your head. It is durable velcro, it isn't coming off unless you take it off yourself. Let me ask you this: would they be able to sell as many as they do if it was a shoddy product?

I've seen them in action and they look pretty sturdy... but to answer your question, just look at this link:
http://www.pbreview....cts/reviews/54/
Should I say more ;) :D

#54 User is offline   Warriortothecore882 

• out of retirement
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:34 PM

View PostS.S.Mario, on Apr 18 2006, 01:10 PM, said:

View PostWarriortothecore882, on Apr 18 2006, 06:40 AM, said:

I've seen them in action and they look pretty sturdy... but to answer your question, just look at this link:
http://www.pbreview....cts/reviews/54/
Should I say more :) :D

But Flurry is a trustworthy company, with the Blade you take your life into your own hands (seriously before the recall) :D

#55 User is offline   SANDMAN26 

• Freelancer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sandman26

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:35 PM

I have had zero probs

#56 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:13 PM

The Tank holder also has a strap that holds it onto the vest if you are really worried about it falling off.
I have taken the pod holder off once, and it wasn't easy. While I was kneeling on the vest, I had to actually try to yank it off. I've had it get caught by a tree limb, and it pulled me back (6'2" 215lbs).

The only problem that I've run into is lack of pod slots. Of course, it was easily fixed by buying a $16 32* 3+2 and wearing it on my belt ;).
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#57 User is offline   hired_gun 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hired_Gun

Posted 13 May 2006 - 04:03 PM

you ran out of pod slots...the flurry comes with 6 of em...how many did ya need? thats 140 round pods X six slots..thats 840 rounds plus a full hopper....WOW ;) .....about 1000 rounds....thats half a case of paint!! I thought I shot alot !!

I just bought a new Flurry vest as well....gave the wife my old one but still works great and seen tons of action through muddy swamps and damp woods...I noticed the new ones fasten around the waist a little different than the first ones that came out and optional strap to mount your bottle sidways.... same great comfort though...Good Work Flurry!!!

#58 User is offline   Graves 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 May 2006 - 08:36 PM

How well would it fit a 5'3" 115lbs player? The vest on spec-ops are too big and I haven't had any luck with Cops911 in fitting one for me. So any help from anybody on this vest would be great.

Graves

#59 User is offline   hired_gun 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hired_Gun

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:21 AM

Well my g/f has a flurry and she's about 120 fits her well and we have a guy who is nuthin but bones on our team who has one he might be 90 lbs soaking wet..the flurry fits all we have a guy who is really big and it fits him..Im 250 myself and it fits me great...if you order one type Tippinators into the coupon box and recieve a discount as well. Also check out our website and you will see the size of the people wearing them...there are about 25 flurry vests at oour field if not more!

#60 User is offline   Warriortothecore882 

• out of retirement
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:10 PM

It should fit you fine. There is a guy around here that's about that size, and his fits him perfectly. You shouldn't have a problem.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users