MP5SD shroud (long version)

#16 User is offline   Wheel Chair 

• Limping Along
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Wheel Chair

Posted 14 January 2006 - 10:02 PM

Photos:

Underside: note that the front hand grip nut is still accessable (although with a longer screw then used by default for the front hand grip....
Posted Image

Another of hopper side:
Posted Image

Cyclone fit: I tried to get a pic that would show the thin sliver of light visible between the shroud and the cyclone. It was challenging. It fits very very well ;-)
Posted Image

Left side view:
Posted Image

Barrel poking out the end is 14" freak (AA tip) screwed into lapco impulse -> A5 adapter (don't ask).
Lots'o'parts and work in the next month or so, so my marker is a bit ugly and not fully assembled *chuckle*
Wheel Chair - The Renegades - Approximately Pi sponsored by Muzzle Spiker
Blast Radius woodsball podcast

Feedback - SpecOps

#17 User is offline   t0pher 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:56 PM

I have mine installed and I love it! I have been waiting for this shroud for two years! (I even designed one similar to have made but it would have cost me too much!)

My comments:

PROS:
  • Solid construction - heavy-gague nylon plastic with reinforced screw holes. Fits together well with no flex or wobble.
  • Appearance - my marker is now a dead ringer for the MP5SD
  • Grip - I have always hated vertical grips - the tubular grip is sturdy, deceptively big (the pics really look smaller than it is), and really gives you a comfortable hold on the marker.
  • Design - built specifically for the A-5. Form-fit around the cyclone, cocking handle, front fin - definitely not some cheap airsoft chop!
  • Value - I think it is a good product for the money.

CONS:
  • Barrel Cleaning - Unless you have a lot of barrel sticking out, you will not be able to unscrew your barrel in the field to clean it without first removing the shroud. There are NINE screws holding this puppy on and together so it takes a good five minutes to get it off.
  • Flatline Support - I know it wasn't designed for it, but it would be cool to somehow make this fit around a fatty.

Commenting on what was stated above:

The two smaller screws in the front that hold the front end of the shroud together do need to be tightened in really far. This will close up any gap you may have.

The screw hex size is smaller than the stock receiver screws, however, they are the same size as my JCS RVA hex screw so that's kinda cool. I'm gonna ask SpecOps for three more receiver screws in this size so all fit the same hex wrench.

I have a Lapco 12" and there is barely 1/8" poking out the end - It looks great. I don't know of any barrel that will just come to the end.

I would not recommend using the full SD Shroud (with the suppressor) for barrels shorter than 12". I believe that if the barrel ends significantly before the hole in the end of the shroud, the airflow being trapped inside the shroud may throw off the trajectory of the ball. Also, you risk shooting the inside of the shroud if you get a winger and that would be a goopy mess!

Great product, SpecOps!

This post has been edited by t0pher: 18 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

TOPHER

Posted Image

T.S.S.O.C. is proud to represent:
Tippmann | Guerrilla Air | Lapco | Valken | Mechanix Wear | PaintballX3 Magazine | Poco Loco Paintball | RAP4

#18 User is offline   ghostagent3 

• Ghostx0ps
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GHOST AGENT3

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:32 PM

it looks like u have a very dirty gun there? break a ball or roll in sum dirt?..lol
In your face then in your base!!!
If it doesn't need to be done, we'll do it anyway.

#19 User is offline   Wheel Chair 

• Limping Along
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:57 PM

My A-5 has seen two years of hard use and abuse, yeah it's a little dirty. It'll be getting a fresh paintjob soon.

Feedback - SpecOps

#20 User is offline   Wheel Chair 

• Limping Along
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:31 AM

One other note about the shroud. You'll need a "flatline" sized barrel bag to fit over it. Not really a pro or con for me, I already had a nice orange SpecOps flatline barrel bag in my gear kit.

Feedback - SpecOps

#21 User is offline   ABTOCMEPTb 

• I Don't Know when to Quit
  • PipPip

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:16 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 User is offline   ABTOCMEPTb 

• I Don't Know when to Quit
  • PipPip

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:11 PM

I dont know if anybody noticed but price for this long SD shroud jumped from 49.95 to 79.95

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users