• You cannot reply to this topic

Becoming a sniper Can you make the cut? Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#91 User is offline   AnEchoSoldier 

• Future Property of the USMC
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:AnEchoSoldier

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:08 PM

I told a guy I was a sniper when he saw my gun and gear (no ghillie, I don't use it) and asked what was up. He said there's no such thing as a paintball sniper.

The round began with us on opposing sides. He rushed center and got bogged down in a firefight with the rest of his team. I went up the northeast side and crept to their flank. I let them move up a little further, gain a little more ground. Now I was behind them. They were all watching their 12:00, 3:00, and 9:00. I was at about 6:45. I shot that one guy in the back of the head, then proceeded to destabilize their entire team. I aimed for groups, leaving one man alone each time. My team cleaned up for me.

I went looking for him after the game. The back of his head was bright orange (Stinger low end paint). This is how the conversation went.
"Never found the guy who shot you, huh?
'Yeah, I got hit from behind. Didn't think anyone was back there. Maybe I got it when I was looking back.'
"No, you got shot from behind. About your back-left."
'What?'
"No such thing as a paintball sniper? I can see how you'd think that, but remember, just because you can't see us, doesn't mean we don't exist."
"I submit to you that if a man has not found something he is willing to die for, than he is not fit to live!"
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Put This In Your Sig if Your Parents Don't Pay For Your Stuff

#92 User is offline   Mack 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:12 PM

View PostAssasin2213, on May 10 2007, 12:16 PM, said:

I have just one question, If a paintball sniper doen's exist... WHY IS THIS FORUM AVAIBLE??? I think that this forum preety much explains that there are paintball snipers and they do exist

and one more thing No Such thing as a Sniper?

Better Think Again. :ghillie:

Ha! I've seen good and bad arguments on both sides of this debate, but this is the worst on either side by far. I feel compelled to point out that there are government conspiracy, alien abduction and Bigfoot forums available as well; however, this doesn't automatically make any of these things real.
-95% of people with a flatline think it makes the gun inaccurate; if you are the part of the other 5%, who take the time to sit down and tune it right, put this in your sig.

#93 User is offline   brettniles 

• Master of the excessively long post.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:NILES

Post icon  Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

I think I can make the cut, and I've set my mind on mastering the sniper role. I love to crawl and sneak and wait and outsmart the enemy. My first time playing the sniper position I walked unknowingly to within 10 feet of a baby deer that was laying down in some brush. He got up and ran. Thats when I saw him. I immediately thought to myself, "This is f#cking awesome!" The deer obviously did a little better than me cos he saw me first, but damn I got 10 feet away without him running. I'd say I did ok cosidering his hearing is probably 10x as good as mine. When I can sit down next to the deer I'll say I've mastered sneaking. (Which will never happen.)

I've read nearly everything spec-ops has put out on being a sniper and you definitely improved on it. Excellent post.

Please check out my post on improving accuracy of my x7, I'm looking for tips and product recommendations.

#94 User is offline   NOOBIEJUDGE 

• ^^^ OH YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH
  • PipPip

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:01 AM

This is very true now I can have my friend read this and he will stop trying to be a sniper and leave it to me.

#95 User is offline   Ditt0 the Alien 

• You can run, but you will just die tired.
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ditt0 the Alien

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:02 PM

Nice post. Very helpful to all the newer snipers out there, I have told my newbie sniper friends to read this and I must say it has helped them.

#96 User is offline   SureShot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:13 AM

Geez this thread just goes on and on like the energizer bunny!
It's two years old!
Everybody stop replying to it and just open a new topic!
That goes for me to...I'm outta here!

#97 User is offline   BigRedPB 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:09 PM

Hello,

I am interesting to become ambush sniper but I am curious is it possible for deaf like me to become paintball sniper?

#98 User is offline   goldman22 

• Look lower...
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:goldman22

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:10 PM

hehe

i love it when people argue about the sniper position

truth is: IT DOESENT MATTER

when we are out there working our field craft and you are sitting in the dead zone cleaning your goggles, all you will call us is "that guy who shot me"

thats fine idc

#99 User is offline   cRosSfIR3 

• Ben G
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CROSSFIR3

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:19 PM

View Postninja monkey, on Jan 8 2006, 12:07 AM, said:

YOU FORGOT ONE THING: you have to have the balls to deal with the wildlife around you also, and by this i mean if you are laying down you should not be scared of little bugs, i was playing once and i layed down in this pile of leaves and a huge friggin spider came crawling by me....... this is when you need to have the ball and either stay there and let it go past you or cower and get out of that position. Alittle info I HATE SPIDERS.....BUT I STAYED IN MY POSITION AND LET IT PASS BY...... now if it crawled on my that would be a diffrent story....... that would freak me out :D :D

holy F**k i hate spiders dude. you couldve tried to line the spider up into your opponent and kill it and your enemy =)
that would make me happy
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
"Nobody has to be a hero...it just sometimes turns out that way"
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#100 User is offline   cRosSfIR3 

• Ben G
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CROSSFIR3

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:27 PM

View Postgoldman22, on May 26 2008, 10:10 PM, said:

hehe

i love it when people argue about the sniper position

truth is: IT DOESENT MATTER

when we are out there working our field craft and you are sitting in the dead zone cleaning your goggles, all you will call us is "that guy who shot me"

thats fine idc

so true. Id say we are a humble enough group of players well deal with them calling us that guy, not that sniper. I think as long as we know were snipers its all good.
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
"Nobody has to be a hero...it just sometimes turns out that way"
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#101 User is offline   Ekima 

• :Grin: I like it when you run!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EKIMA

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:54 PM

good post Man good for wanna be snipers like Myself :)

Ekima

#102 User is offline   Jellyfish 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Jellyfish

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:55 AM

I just wanted to give anyone looking to become a paintball sniper a quick tip. READ THE FORUMS!! I served for 8 years in the US Marine Corps (7 as a sniper, 4 as a sniper team leader, 3 tours in Iraq). I'm new to paintball, but I am not new to sniping, but I can tell you this much. After reading countless threads and doing some research (as any true sniper would do before heading to the field) I can tell you that I have learned alot!! The information in these forums is without a doubt impressive and informative! So if you're new to the sniper world, paintball or not....READ THESE FORUMS!!

That is just if you want a real world, combat veteran sniper's opinion!
"Two inches or two feet...a miss is a miss!"

#103 User is offline   AceTrinity 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AceTrinity

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:56 PM

I can sneak, just dont have the gillie grab and not a quite gun, not to mention doesnt apeal very much. my local place would be pointless cause mass noobs= team killed
If we can not do it, It can not be done!
Official Sabre #139

#104 User is offline   X2117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:X2117

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:31 AM

Great Thread.

I just got started sniping yesterday. Me and my buddy were out in the woods doing a 1 vs. 1. He had no idea were I was and often shot at shadows giving away his postion.I got in a good spot and watched for two minutes as he spun around trying to look every were. He walked into the sights of my MR1 and I gave a double tap to the chest and head. All in all I thought I did pretty good. However after reading this thread there are so many things I could have done different. One shot instead of two, waited alittle longer, waited until he wasn't facing me, ect. I really like this thread and hope it keeps going.

:ghillie:

#105 User is offline   #1predator 

• people fear the unknown. i am the unknown
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:warship

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:07 PM

View PostcRosSfIR3, on Jul 18 2008, 02:19 PM, said:

View Postninja monkey, on Jan 8 2006, 12:07 AM, said:

YOU FORGOT ONE THING: you have to have the balls to deal with the wildlife around you also, and by this i mean if you are laying down you should not be scared of little bugs, i was playing once and i layed down in this pile of leaves and a huge friggin spider came crawling by me....... this is when you need to have the ball and either stay there and let it go past you or cower and get out of that position. Alittle info I HATE SPIDERS.....BUT I STAYED IN MY POSITION AND LET IT PASS BY...... now if it crawled on my that would be a diffrent story....... that would freak me out :o :blink:

holy F**k i hate spiders dude. you couldve tried to line the spider up into your opponent and kill it and your enemy =)
that would make me happy

try having a snake slither across you legs. i hate snakes with a passion. had to go clean myself at the lunch break. luckily it was only a blacksnake.

:dodgy:
The fear lurking in the back of your brain. Thats me watching and waiting.

Quality German Shepard Puppies: Visit My Website

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users