• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

V-Force Profiler

#1 User is offline   warpig 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:warpig

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:07 PM

I have been using my V-Force Profiler for nearly a year now so hear is my review on this product.

Lens:
The Profiler comes with a thermal lense and so far I have played in the snow, rain, and hail and it never fogged up once. Though it never fogged up I found that when it rained water did get on the lens and caused loss off vision but then again you rain doesn't count as fog. Also during summer months sweat does tend to run down the inside of the lense so you should wear a hat or headwrap to absorb the moisture.

Quick Change Lens System:
When cahanging the lens I found it easy but not what I would call quick. You have to take out the strap to get to the lens retainer to push the lens out. This takes me about 4-5 minutes which is no big deal. The problem is getting it back in. It will take another 4-5 minutes to get it back in if you don't want to smudge your brand new lens but if you don't care about that it can be done in 30 seconds.

Bounce factor:
The mask is soft but not so much that it feels flimsy. During the year that I have used it I have had 3 balls bounce one off the front the other on the right side and another on the visor. I'm sure this number would have been much higher but Most of the head shots I took were in the lens.

Overall this mask is worth every penny of the 80 bucks your gonna spend on it. The quality is amazing and it does almost everthing it promises to do. It also blends in quite nicely if you get the olive drab one. You will notice a difference especcially if you are stepping up from a cheap mask as I did. I would reccomend this mask to anyone and it gets a 9 out of 10. It would have been a ten if The quick change lens was just a little quicker. Bottomline you need this mask.

This post has been edited by warpig: 19 November 2005 - 01:10 PM

#2 User is offline   GhostSoldier23 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GhostSoldier23

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:38 PM

yes i agree with you, i've been using the Profiler for quite a long time and is great, i have the olive drab one and it helps me a lot when it comes to hiding in the bushes, it never fogs, i have a great area of view with this one (comparing the other masks i had), the price is like $85 but is definitely worth the money, if you are gonna play pb u need the best equip and this mask is a must have for every paintballer out there ;)

#3 User is offline   Repins 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:08 PM

warpig, on Nov 19 2005, 01:07 PM, said:

When cahanging the lens I found it easy but not what I would call quick. You have to take out the strap to get to the lens retainer to push the lens out.

Nice review even tho there has been a good review been put out already on the profiler this is a decent review. Only problem with it is that you dont have to take out the strap to get the lens restrainers off. They justpop right off for me. Ive had mine for right at 7 months and have played over 100 games in it and have never had to take the strap off to remove the lens. Infact I have gotten very good at popping it out, cleaning the lense, and replacing it and can do it in under 1 min without "smuging" the lens.

Not bashing you or your review, just puttin another perspective on the subject from another Profiler user

#4 User is offline   redmagik 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:redmagik

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:35 PM

Has anyone solved the condensation problem on the inside of the profiler?

#5 User is offline   Stret 

• The Nativeness
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stret

Posted 10 December 2005 - 10:11 PM

I had condinsation problems with the lens that came with the goggles. But, I had some money to burn and bought another lens. I haven't had any more condinsation with my profilers yet (well, I havent played since early november so its been a while) Just invest in a goggle case/bag and keep your lens clean. If you dont, the dirt and extra unwanted "stuff" will mess with the thermal finish.

EDIT: A Special Ops headband or headwrap will aid you in keeping the condinsation out :D

This post has been edited by Stret: 10 December 2005 - 10:13 PM

Native Style

We Think Our Sponsors Are Cool: Tippmann(X7) l Crossfire Tanks l Smokin' Products l Coca Cola: Grand Rapids, MI

#6 User is offline   warpig 

• PipPip
  • Brigade Name:warpig

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:57 AM

Repins, on Dec 7 2005, 04:08 PM, said:

warpig, on Nov 19 2005, 01:07 PM, said:

When cahanging the lens I found it easy but not what I would call quick.  You have to take out the strap to get to the lens retainer to push the lens out. 

Nice review even tho there has been a good review been put out already on the profiler this is a decent review. Only problem with it is that you dont have to take out the strap to get the lens restrainers off. They justpop right off for me. Ive had mine for right at 7 months and have played over 100 games in it and have never had to take the strap off to remove the lens. Infact I have gotten very good at popping it out, cleaning the lense, and replacing it and can do it in under 1 min without "smuging" the lens.

Not bashing you or your review, just puttin another perspective on the subject from another Profiler user

Oh i thought you had to because I found it near impossible to remove it without doing so. Thanks for correcting me and I will edit it when I get home from school.

#7 User is offline   nubblet 

• uber n00b
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:raikoh

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:20 PM

when i got my V-force profiler i asked my dad to take off the right tab that holds the lens in place, lone behold in 10 seconds he some how manages to break it lol.. i was so angry at him.. right out of the box broken in less than 5 minutes.

This post has been edited by nubblet: 15 December 2005 - 07:20 PM

#8 User is offline   PeaceThroughSuperiorFirepower 

• In Death's Embrace
  • Pip

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:06 PM

This is got to be the best mask out there. For the simple reason that it has the widest field of vision (of any mask I've seen) and anti-fog lense.

#9 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PB_Ghost

Posted 16 December 2005 - 03:41 PM

going up agianst the proflex or jt flex 8vs. profiler wich has the most bounce? and profile? (hmm i would hope the PROFLEr would! :) )
Become a Str8balla (#67)
Member #11 of invisible text club!
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#10 User is offline   assassin23 

• the assassin will strike when you least expect him.
  • Pip

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:24 PM

screw the profiler. I admit it is a great mask but have you checked out the new mask Empire is making. There are actually three different masks. The Empire EVent is top one is looks so hot. check it out at pbreview.com
Legacy: What Will Yours Be? Intel Director Of Legacy

#11 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PB_Ghost

Posted 18 December 2005 - 10:52 AM

the Ventz looks cool and may be effective but i dont really like anything from empire, because of the whole thing about them monopolizeing Xball (even though vforce is xball) my local feild supports everything emipre, so i like to rebel by wearing dye and Jt stuff,

but with the Profiler is the bottem chin part as felxable as say a proflex of any other JT flex masks?
Become a Str8balla (#67)
Member #11 of invisible text club!
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#12 User is offline   Repins 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2005 - 06:03 PM

nubblet, on Dec 15 2005, 07:20 PM, said:

when i got my V-force profiler i asked my dad to take off the right tab that holds the lens in place, lone behold in 10 seconds he some how manages to break it lol.. i was so angry at him.. right out of the box broken in less than 5 minutes.

Thats why it comes with directions lol

#13 User is offline   RaptorMan 

• Righteous Dude
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:RaptorMan

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:03 AM

I have the profilers and if you don't wear a headband or something to keep the foam from absorbing moisture you get cendensation problems... I'm not saying this to bash the mask I'm letting people know to wear a head band. One thing I have noticed with these (even though its sort of embarassing to admit) I havent had a head shot break with these just sitting here I can think of a good number of times I got hit in the face and they bounced... chin, cheek, forhead, visor, all these places I got hit and there was no break. If you don't like pain these may not be for you because it sure hurt... but I don't mind a little pain to save the embarassment of walking off the field with paint all over your face.

#14 User is offline   bannon222 

• Elite Sasquatchi Agent
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bannon222

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:20 AM

I have been thinking of getting a profiler, but didn't know if I should spend the $$$ for it. I am on a small budget but it sounds like a good deal!

This post has been edited by bannon222: 27 December 2005 - 10:20 AM

user posted image

#15 User is offline   Dante 

• I have candy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kamikaze Snipa

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:28 PM

assassin23, on Dec 17 2005, 09:24 PM, said:

screw the profiler. I admit it is a great mask but have you checked out the new mask Empire is making. There are actually three different masks. The Empire EVent is top one is looks so hot. check it out at pbreview.com

I don't like empire I like dye lol and the eventz look sweet but I wouldn't trade my profilers for any other mask

Get Angry!
Poor Gary Coleman, he lived a short life.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users