Special Ops Paintball: Upgrade Compatibility List for the 98 Series - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upgrade Compatibility List for the 98 Series The big list of what works with what! Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   insyne 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:insyne

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:50 PM

I've been wanting to get the rocket cock II for my tippmann for a while now. I've been hesitant because I modded my gun with parts from OPSgear a long time ago. I have the standard G36 Stock. I'm worried the RCII won't work with that stock. my stock does stick out a little bit on the side of the regular cocking knob....so I guess thats a no? I hate having to get paint out of there....:)
Practice safe paintball....wear a condom.
<- get your mind outta the gutter.

#32 User is offline   Uronlyfriend 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Uronlyfriend

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:43 PM

Cyclone Feed AND Response Trigger System

Fits: 98 Custom, Custom Pro

This is entirely doable, but it requires you to purchase a T-fitting kit. This kit ranges from $10 to $20. Check tippmannparts.com for availability if you cannot find it elsewhere. It's theoretically still doable on the Model 98, but it requires Tippmann to perform the Response Trigger installation; once done, you can add the Cyclone at any time. Due to the potential for problems, this combination is not recommended. It has been determined that using these two upgrades together will take the Cyclone to very near its cutoff point for operating pressure. If you are going to do this, you NEED a Vortex ratchet. Otherwise your Cyclone may severely malfunction, resulting in chops, double feeds, and more.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have the combination, and it works great. Just wanted to give my 2 cents in. Thanks alot for this post though
no sig anymore cuz i got maxed out, idk y? my bad SO

#33 User is offline   Psycho_Ninja 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:33 PM

View Post125blackfire, on Mar 21 2008, 12:00 PM, said:

can old 98 tippmanns get anti chop?

I dont think you can give a 98 custom ACT without buying new reciever halfs and the parts needed to make it ACT. Your better off just buying a 98 custom with ACT for $140 then spend twice that amount to make your 98 into and a 98 with ACT.

#34 User is offline   murdercrow 

• Threadkiller Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderCrow

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

Actually, there's a really easy, nearly free way to do it yourself.

Edit: Oops, you can't really necro a sticky, especially one like this, and I can't even say anything about it, because I posted in it a long time after topic start as well...
silly me

This post has been edited by murdercrow: 26 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

Automaggot! Paintballin' Punk! "Purple Rambo over here...!"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

#35 User is offline   Psycho_Ninja 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

Will a Pro-Seal power tube FIT and WORK with a TIPPMANN 98 Custom with A.C.T? And if i buy the one below do i have to buy a new valve system? or can i use the existing one from my stock power tube if it doesnt come with one?

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERS...AAAD%2eFsRvWEUV

#36 User is offline   murdercrow 

• Threadkiller Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderCrow

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:13 PM

As far as I know, the ACT is all in the bolt mechanisms. The valve, and therefore, the powertube, shouldn't have anything to do with it.

So I would bet it would work fine. But you'll find getting your valve into your new powertube is kind of a chore, and not worth it. Aftermarket powertubes don't really accomplish much.
Automaggot! Paintballin' Punk! "Purple Rambo over here...!"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

#37 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chasbronson

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

Curious,Those having trouble with dual use R/T and cyclone old, or new 98c.Are you running HPA,or Co2? Are you in cold weather climate?We have lots of 98customs out there w/ both and they all rock and roll.A R/T does little good without something to feed the hungry thing.There are larger diameter line R?T's available but we never needed them.BTW we trim a coil or, so off of new cyclone piston springs. They work smoother and operate down to almost empty tank.They don't squeeze the paintballs as hard either. Not all stocks will work with all 98's even if they fit up.Some stocks will blow the back out of the marker.Seen it happen, have 2 cases around somewhere to prove it. Maybe there not around ,scrap metal was up.Anyhow not enough clearance to back hammer bolt.It hammers the back right out.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users