Special Ops Paintball: Tippmann Flatline or Apex for A5? - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann Flatline or Apex for A5? Which is better? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Dictator Bob 

• Corporal
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dictator Bob

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:37 PM

From what I've read, the Apex has better accuracy and distance compared to the flatine. It also breaks less balls (less strenous on balls)
If anybody got different info than this, just refute me.

Which is quieter, though?

#17 User is offline   X MarIne 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:X MarIne

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:10 PM

once you have tried both of the barrels out can u give me some info about which one you like better and WhY>??? im the same prediciment :(
Sabre-"If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done."
If you're a Sabre, add this to your sig.
user posted image

#18 User is offline   jakethesnake741 

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mr_incredible

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:20 PM

was wondering.......would it be good to get a barrel adapter for the 98 costom? because i have a 98 costom and ive noticed that the A-5 has some better barrels then and 98 C

You should read more or reapermans posts about this subject, personally I would go off of what he says, I haven't read anything of his that didn't make sense and wasn't well informed.

I used the flatline for about 2 years stragiht, almost never left my a5.  Then i found the apex, now my flatline sits unused and unwanted in the corner collecting dust.  I loved the flatty while i used it and still think its an amazing barrel, but the apex has it beat.  Apex isnt paint picky.  Apex's spin can be turned off.  ANd you can spin the head of the apex, so you can tell it how you want it to spin.  You can still hold your marker at an angle, as long as the head is still pointed up when you fire, your shots will still be straight.  I love mine.

So ya, he's always singing praises of the Apex, I would get one if I had the money.
Bad spellers of the world untie!!!

#19 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:10 PM

The apex is idiot proof. You cant install it wrong.

Which is quieter, though?

apex, but not by too much. It does have some porting though, which helps, the flatline has no porting

The barrel isnt just spin and fire and it homes in on the target. You will have to walk the shot in for a curve, and even then, its not easy to make the shot. Last time i played i bunkered a kid down then sat there for a min throwing every kind of hook and dive shot i could at him to see what each setting of the slider did. Most of the time, if they hug tight to the bunker, your not gonna hit them with a hook or dive, but if they are a few feet behind the bunker, you have a very good shot of getting them, you just need to adjsut the spin right. Which can take time. It isnt hard to spin the head and set the ramp. But if you want to spin it behind a bunker, you will have to try a few shots. I use it for flatline mode and dive bomb. I love flatline. Super flatline is amazing, but not accuracte. But it will go much further than a flatline.

The big thing i loved was what i said in my last post. You dont always have to hold the marker upright. I can angle my marker to keep it well hidden, as long as the ramp slider is still facing up when held at an angle, your shots will still be straight on and long, if you have it set that way. I loved it. I didnt need to expose the whole marker and most of myself to make the long shots and straight shots. If you have any specific questions about either the flatline or apex, feeel free to ask, or pm me if you want. I used the flatline for a long time, and have used the apex a few times now, but am very smitten with it.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#20 User is offline   ForgotenWarrior6 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ForgotenWarrior

Posted 15 October 2005 - 04:08 PM

Am i the only one who thinks the Apex looks weird. thats just cosmetics, from what i seen the Apex does what the flatline can do and more for basically the same price.

#21 User is offline   GUN SLINGER 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:GUN SLINGER

Posted 15 October 2005 - 05:21 PM

the apex is 30$ more than the flatline.i do think the apex looks weird.

This post has been edited by GUN SLINGER: 15 October 2005 - 05:22 PM

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without u would still have good men doing good things and evil men doing evil things. But for good men to do evil things... That takes Religion

#22 User is offline   LoopyDood 

• Evacuate the Earth
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:35 PM

The Apex is about $60-80. The Flatline, however, is $80 minimum. Usually $100+.

Two huge pluses about it over the Flatline...
1. The tip can be put on pretty much any barrel that's straight at the end!
2. The Apex is adjustable, and can even be turned off!

The one thing I would seriously NOT recommend with the Apex is trying to shoot through breaks. It has a rubber ramp that it uses to put the spin on the balls. If you try to shoot through a break, you can actually have shell cut into and embed itself in the ramp, effectively ruining it. It's happened to me, twice...

New ramps are relatively cheap, however. You can get one from BT, (My first one was defective, they sent it for free.) but I also heard you can buy one for like... $20?

And about the looks? I like the Flatline better, but I've had MANY people ask me if my Apex was a suppressor.
("WOW, is that a suppressor? It must be soooo quiet! Be on my team!")
:blink:

EDIT: OH BOINK! Necro... Sorry about this, guys. I don't even know where I found this thread.

This post has been edited by LoopyDood: 18 April 2008 - 10:50 PM

#23 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:56 AM

I don't beleive I saw this in here but there are barrels that now come with an adapater built into tham that allows you to take the Apex tip off and put it on the barrel. This will improve accuracy. I know Lapco makes some and the C-series also I believe. I think I even saw a Smart Parts barrel that had it.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#24 User is offline   Mr. MorningWood 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Friendly

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

bottom line is, an apex is a flat line that does way more, u can unjust how much spin u want, or even none at all, or spin in different directions. flat line has one option, if that barrel is on ur gun u can only have full back spin and thats it. apex can b full, half, quarter, none, or what ever

#25 User is offline   PLAGUE's Short Bus 

• Forum ninja....screw that! Forum PIRATE!!!!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THE SHORT BUS

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:08 PM

OK, let me tell you this story...about a month ago, my team was at a scenario near our town, and my buddy, who was acting as commander, has an A-5 w/ an Apex. We were holding a castle and decided to go push a flank (I know, this isn't normal a normal defensive stategy) but we went anyway. we were going up a hill and we saw a guy, probably 150-200 yds away. i couldn't hit him, one because of distance, and two because the foilage was so thick. my bud took one shot, the paintball (which was an old, cheap paintball) went straight as an arrow, up the hill and went through a break in the branches roughly 2 inches in diameter and hit the guy right in the mask.....

now.....

can a flatline have that kind of accuracy AND distance?

This post has been edited by PLAGUE's Short Bus: 21 May 2008 - 06:10 PM

The PLAGUE...............Paintball Just Got Sicker!

At the end of the day, it's the guy with the most heart that wins.

#26 User is offline   Spades 

• forum pizzimp
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sgt. spades

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:33 PM

yeah the flatline is good, but it can easily be misaligned, the apex you can always change, because the flatline will affect every ball differently, but you cant change it mid game.

The only downsides to the apex is that the paddle can rip, and you have to aim slightly up (because the paddle is pointing down, at the end of the barrel)

id say apex ftw. i just sold mine to some guy
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   goldengrenade 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:goldengrenade

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:17 PM

Apex. i got a flatline, and my friend let me borrow his apex for one scenario he wasnt at, and i almost didnt give it back lol.

The feast! It is ruined!
*sad horn*

#28 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:51 PM

I prefer the apex because you can turn the flatline effect off.
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   BULLET.SPONGE 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BULLET.SPONGE

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:24 PM

How long is the apex barrel??
IF WE CANT DO IT, IT DOSENT HAVE TO BE DONE!!!!

#30 User is offline   ASAP 

• a.k.a. "Smiley"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASAP

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:54 AM

View PostBULLET.SPONGE, on Jun 18 2008, 02:24 AM, said:

How long is the apex barrel??

About 11 inches.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +