Special Ops Paintball: Throat Mic Review - IXRadio XTM85R-G1 - Special Ops Paintball

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Throat Mic Review - IXRadio XTM85R-G1 Something better than FireFox?

#61 User is offline   Damage Incorporated 

• Knight Stalkers Scenario Paintball Team Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:56 PM

I am sold then. I will be ordering some today so I can have them in time for a scenario game at the end of the month.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Outdoor Adventures Pasadena, Maryland-Rosedale, Maryland-Chesapeake City Maryland
CCM-Chipley Custom Machine

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom"
John F. Kennedy 1961

#62 User is offline   Damage Incorporated 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:29 PM

Ordered them just a few minutes ago. I am playing in a scenario game at the end of the month and hopefully they will be here before the game. Hopefully I have as much luck with them as everyone else.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Outdoor Adventures Pasadena, Maryland-Rosedale, Maryland-Chesapeake City Maryland

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom"
John F. Kennedy 1961

#63 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:06 PM

Got mine for christmas, looks and works great!

Definately reccomended

Lo

#64 User is offline   Damage Incorporated 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2006 - 02:29 AM

Damage Incorporated, on Jan 8 2006, 04:29 PM, said:

Ordered them just a few minutes ago. I am playing in a scenario game at the end of the month and hopefully they will be here before the game. Hopefully I have as much luck with them as everyone else.

Got them last night. Came home from work and had a note in with my mail that there was a registered letter at the post office from Singapore that I needed to sign for. Went to the post office and picked them up. I am going to try them out on Sunday.

Proudly Sponsored by:

John F. Kennedy 1961

#65 User is offline   flyboy 

• One BPS can still get you out
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyboy

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:22 AM

I just ordered 2. Glad I did he search before buying the firefox!
Boss Company

#66 User is offline   kurlyt7467 

• Kurly "Killa" Travoni
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:KURLYT7467

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:21 PM

Great review, I ordered mine yesterday cause my Firefox sucks. I''m always adjusting my fire fox and no one can ever hear me. So hopefully this IX will do the trick. Thanks
Desert Edge Killer

**Sorry I have to shoot you, but it's in the rules**

#67 User is offline   Ronin055 

• Shootin' an' Scootin'
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ronin055

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

Its not wise to wrap an elastic band around your head, your basicly making a noose and cutting off oxygen to your head, it will be very easy to suffocate without anyone knowing untill the police dogs come to sniff out your body

OH come on !! Im not talking about strangling yourself, Be senseable and dont just try to pick a fight. Im talking about an elastic band that goes from one end to the other of your throte mic. Ive worn mine in about five games. Either Im super man or the above was a silly comment looking for attention.

My band holds the mic on when you have a larger neck, like I do. Dont make it tight enough to be uncomfortable just enough to keep the mic on your neck.
Keven Cecil

Reno Pursuit Gamers Check out our Site for Northern Nevada paintball Games.

"Gun... Sword, we all die the same." Toshiro Mifune in Red Sun with Charles Bronson.

#68 User is offline   Damage Incorporated 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:16 AM

View PostRonin055, on Feb 5 2006, 11:24 PM, said:

Its not wise to wrap an elastic band around your head, your basicly making a noose and cutting off oxygen to your head, it will be very easy to suffocate without anyone knowing untill the police dogs come to sniff out your body

OH come on !! Im not talking about strangling yourself, Be senseable and dont just try to pick a fight. Im talking about an elastic band that goes from one end to the other of your throte mic. Ive worn mine in about five games. Either Im super man or the above was a silly comment looking for attention.

My band holds the mic on when you have a larger neck, like I do. Dont make it tight enough to be uncomfortable just enough to keep the mic on your neck.

My neck is a little too big for the mics but I wear a throat protector and just make it tight enough to hold the mid in place but no too tight to be uncomfortable. The throat protector is about 2" wide with a velcro strip.

Proudly Sponsored by:

John F. Kennedy 1961

#69 User is offline   scphantom9195 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scphantom9195

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:25 PM

I might have to get one of these. My Firefox broke. I soldered the wires back on, but it still sucks. Can anyone recommend a radio?

Thanks.
"Only the strong survive. The weak are killed and eaten as fingerfood." SDI SSgt Patterson, USMC, Platoon 1077[/b]
My feedback http://forum.special...=1

www.okcompanypaintball.com

#70 User is offline   sartek 

• Trained Shop Monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SARTEK

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:51 PM

try the midlands, or cobras for a lower cost alternative to Motorolas. they use a standardized plug that works with almost every other brand of radio (except motorolas).
"I tinker, therefore I am" - Doc Nickel
DOT HazMat Geek, Airsmith, Tinkerer

#71 User is offline   Alpha6 

• Alpha Strike Commander
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Alpha 6

Posted 27 February 2006 - 03:39 PM

Well, I've used the Iasus NT2 Throat Mic's.
A couple things i have to warn about the Iasus.
1) I have a skinny neck and it slips down in combat (though i might try that elastic trick)
2) The mic and the PTT are on seperate wires and therefore you have to put them together making it a huge profile coming out of your radio (mine broke the first scenerio game i was in making it and my radio unusable)
3) Since we can't afford to all get the same thing (5 guys) I only have 3 throat mic's that work, and they have too much bass and don't work well with other headsets.

I have been looking for a high quality boom mic and was looking at the ixradio website, then i'll just standardize the radio's (cobra microtalks) and headsets.

as a sidenote, with the IX brand, looking at their website the pin has an immediate 90 degree elbow (i hate the straight ones, i always have to bend them) lessening the profile out of the radio and hopefully making it less prone to break off inside the radio.

That's just my opinion.

If anybody cares how the boom mic's compared to the NT2's i'll post it after my next scenerio game (april2)

#72 User is offline   Snake13 

• NE Immortals
  • PipPip

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:39 PM

Standard plug? I can't find any info at all about if any of the IX mics would work with my uniden radio, it just has a single plug (looks like 3.5mm) and the most detailed info on it I can find is that its a "headset jack". None of the throat mics i've looked at mention Uniden as a supported radio either. Would anyone be able to tell me if this standard plug would work with my radio?

#73 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:30 PM

try the cobra throat mic (1 pin) I don't have mine right here, but I think it's either a single mini or a single micro-mini
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#74 User is offline   highlandwarrior 

• Ballin`
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:highlandwarrior

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:07 PM

Anyone ever use the VOX mics? Just wondering how they work compared to the PTT.
"There can only be one immortal"

F/S
COPS 911 Vest
SL-68II Pumps

Feedback
SpecOps Feedback
PBn Feedback

#75 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

If you breathe hard, then VOX will pick it up... PTT saves battery and keeps the channel clear when you need it.
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users