Special Ops Paintball: The Beat All Advice about Sniper Equipment - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Beat All Advice about Sniper Equipment Rate Topic: ***** 3 Votes

#46 User is offline   thevirginian 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:thevirginian

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:10 AM

I have a brass eagle talon. I have used it from a concealed position to take out enemy forces. One shot, One kill. Unfortunately, I'm not very experienced, and I was taken out by crossfire from the opf. But, the talon did a fine job, the key to it was concealment, and patience. I waited until they were right up on me, and took out the lead man. I should have let him go by, and tried to take out the 2 behind him, then him, but I wasn't patient enough. Next time, I'll know better. People can trash whatever kind of gear they want, but in my area, there just arent any paintball supply places. Wallmart is as good as it gets. Yes, I did get an mr2 "sniper" package. Do I believe it will make a difference? I don't know. I do know that the rof of this marker is much higher, and it's comforting to know that it's there if I need it. Will I need it? probably not. Do i Expect to get more eliminations with this marker? Not really, it just looks cooler. My point is, a "sniper" is made by concealment and well TIMED shots, not by anything else. If we could get our guns accurate at 1000 yards, it would be different. But a paintball gun can't even shoot a 1000 yrds.

Just hide, be still, and time your shots to be the most advantageous to you. Listen, watch wildlife, look for movement, but DON'T MOVE! The object is to take out the op with one shot, let them get close and then hit them. Extreme accuracy is not imortant for this. Getting a ball to hit and break is. No longballing, no moving, no multiple shots.

Firing one shot at a time will be harder for the op to triangulate your position based on sound. It's just to fast for most people to be able to do. One shot one kill. Repeat that as the sniper motto, but really learn it.

Oh, by the way, you can move if your engaged in a firefight. By that time, the op has your position, so you might as well start working as a dagger or light rifleman at this point. Or a heavy gunner. Or just a painball player. :)
When you call me that, smile.

#47 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:19 PM

I can be honest and say I've never used wildlife to find someone. Usually I see them or hear them before they are close enough to any birds that were stupid enough to hang around after a firefight lol. But I always prefer a quieter gun to an accurate gun because shooting someone from 30ft doesn't require much accuracy.

This post has been edited by HeadshotPhantom: 15 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

#48 User is offline   13th Angel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ghostly Angel

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:29 PM

View PostMakkusu, on May 2 2006, 02:08 PM, said:

The problem with the Talon theory is that the person would have to have extensive background with said gun. No sane person would head to a field holding a Talon under normal conditions, but if you want to be my guest and post the results.

Extensive background... are you kidding me... pump(really hard, may need some muscle here) and pull the trigger. Granted it's not marvelous but it's do-able... i've played hightech speedball with only a pistol and woodsball with a talon for kicks. Granted I didn't take out their whole team with the talon but boy does it feel good shooting the etek in the face =)

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users