Special Ops Paintball: The Beat All Advice about Sniper Equipment - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Beat All Advice about Sniper Equipment Rate Topic: ***** 3 Votes

#16 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:17 AM

A talon is pushing it, but its pretty fun because you basically get as many barrel tags as you do shooting people.

#17 User is offline   rooshooter24 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:paul

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:05 PM

View PostUSMC-Scout/Sniper, on Mar 22 2006, 08:34 PM, said:

someone said it best 'a good sniper could take a brass eagle talon into a game, take out a good portion of the other team, and still remain hidden.'

i have the brass eagle and i did take it out and i did dominate-4 kills 0 deaths

#18 User is offline   SneakyStam 

• SneakyStam
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sneakystam

Posted 27 July 2006 - 09:40 PM

i am new to the forum, but not to sniping. honestly the gun wont make the sniper, as we all know. sure, its cool to get caught up in the hype of a crazy quiet gun that can empty a 200 rd hopper in the matter of a few sec's, but why use your hard-earned money on that? i still use my a-5 with a general 14in sniper barrel and it works just fine. the only thing i could say that any, if not all new snipers would REALLY benefit from using would be a point sight. i doubted it too till i put one on my gun and started using a 50rd tac cap. point sights really do make a difference.

but theres no point saying whats already been said, ive given my two cents, so im out.
Sometimes the best strategies are made while being shot at.

the only people that will tell the truth are drunks and children

with all the arguing about paintball snipers, it makes me wonder why i even bother to shoot them.

Is a sniper in hand worth two in the bush? For those who know this proverb, i think its arguable. lol.

#19 User is offline   geist_soldat 

• What do you mean we can't interrogate the POW's?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Geist_Soldat

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:19 AM

now i know its the general sniper way to completely refuse the use of fast markers/high amounts of ammo. but gentlemen, let us not forget that there are those rare occaisions when you end up being spotted and a firefight is inevitable. i have a 98c, buffered and plugged all over the place to keep the noise down, and i also have it equipped with an RT and a cyclone feed. in the event of a firefight you will usually be alone, therefore adequate suppressive fire is a great ally in a pinch. if nothing else you can keep their heads down long enough for you to make a retreat.

mind you, i do only utilize the RT in such situations, otherwise i try to make the kill in 1 shot.
absque admonitio, absque clementia

#20 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:05 PM

This is true, but generally you should rely on your stealth, and an RT is extra spent money. However it is a very good investment if you happen to run into a lot of firefights.

#21 User is offline   geist_soldat 

• What do you mean we can't interrogate the POW's?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Geist_Soldat

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:33 AM

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on Aug 25 2006, 05:05 PM, said:

This is true, but generally you should rely on your stealth, and an RT is extra spent money. However it is a very good investment if you happen to run into a lot of firefights.

thats my point, a sniper should rely on his stealth and concealment, however, if your position is discovered, its better to be able to spray them and make a retreat than to end up in the dead box.
absque admonitio, absque clementia

#22 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:05 PM

All that was written before the Ion was popular. Also DirtyUnders has an A-5 to envie. Also most of these suggestions are based on cost efficiency, not the best gun you can buy. If you got the money, go right on ahead and buy you an olive DM6 with a T2W stock, Hakko Panorama sight, and a Q-loader. I wish I had that kind of money, but sadly most of us don't. So yes I should get around to revising that. Go with the Ion over the Tippmann.

This post has been edited by HeadshotPhantom: 26 August 2006 - 06:51 PM

#23 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 27 August 2006 - 02:06 PM

View Postgeist_soldat, on Aug 26 2006, 05:33 AM, said:

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on Aug 25 2006, 05:05 PM, said:

thats my point, a sniper should rely on his stealth and concealment, however, if your position is discovered, its better to be able to spray them and make a retreat than to end up in the dead box.

I totally agree with this. This is why high rate of fire keeps me alive while covering my own retreats. I am usually alone out there, and need the rate of fire edge when supressing people who have discovered me. Besides, its better to have high rate of fire and not need it than to need it and not have it.
- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

#24 Guest_soldier XL_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 September 2006 - 12:09 PM

you probably wasn't far enough to be safe, unless you were going for a up close attack. me i'm not an exspert on snipering, in fact i never played paint ball in my life but trying to start a team. i can give u some advice... if you would like to be safe from a sabre granade try to imagin someone hurling a ball and calcalate it from there . stay away from it about 50 yard, if ur not use to it then don't stress it just keep your'e eyes on the target and take a breath slowly inhal from the nose and exhal out from mouth(parden me for my spelling) that will be you're breathing control, then get your hole finger in the triger then pop if you don't get it not matter then take you're time.

#25 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:24 AM

I understood that up to the last couple of sentences. On here, you're going to need to type lieky ou're typing an essay. Also before you start a team, play first. Also try to play against another team before you start one. It might change your mind.

#26 User is offline   killroy-mindless 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:killroy-mindless

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:12 PM

good post i liked it
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to metal, put this in your signature!
if you have ever ran into a screen door put this on your sig

#27 User is offline   Cleankill47 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Cleankill47

Posted 30 November 2006 - 02:29 PM

I have somewhat of a strange setup, but it works, and I think I'll share it with you guys...

Keep in mind that my gear list has been constructed for use mostly on a city simulation field, with elimination being the main concern; no flags, and usually there is a re-insertion rule: Go back to base and touch the wall. You're back in as many times as you need to be until you run out of paint or air. I'm sure this is different from what most of you play.

I use an almost stock Tippmann 98 Custom, with a 16" Thunderpig barrel, a plain 9oz. tank (soon to be 12oz.) with a butt plate, and I'm waiting on my newly-ordered Rocket Cock II.

I also have, as backup, or shooting around corners, an Ariakon Overlord pistol.

I use no harness, no vest, and no pod carriers. I carry four pods in my cargo pockets on my camo pants, as well as three sniper tubes and one additional CO2 cartridge for the pistol. I also start every game with two (new) squadbuster grenades. (They come in really handy, even just a showing of it can clear a bunker)

I have needed a backup once, and I couldn't have asked for more out of my Ariakon. The (stock) pin valve locked up on my 98C, it was about seven minutes until the end of the game, and there were three opponents approaching my ambush position, with another following further behind after messing with his mask (A wipe). All four were taken within two seconds with five shots from the Overlord, and at the same time, my younger brother did a Dagger rush to the enemy base, finding four opponents and dispatching two while the other two were in the tower not paying attention. The horn is blown, and the game is over, we won.

I haven't heard much about backups on this forum, so I thought I'd pitch in with my story. It's a bit more weight, but when you need it, it's worth it in gold. It's important to tailor your gear to what you need and what you want, while at the same time thinking about your field and how you will be able to use your gear on that particular field, and for the type of paintball you play as well as your position.

:ghillie:

This post has been edited by Cleankill47: 30 November 2006 - 02:30 PM

#28 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:15 PM

That is a very smart statement. It doesn't matter what KIND of gear you use. It matters how you adapt your gear, and how you adapt to your gear to utilize it to its full effect. Sure quiet guns and good mods help, but nothing compared to having your marker tuned to just the way you like it.

#29 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:45 PM

AmenAttached File  clipmag.jpg (7.23K)
Number of downloads: 16

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#30 User is offline   Bizmark 

• Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bizmark

Posted 08 December 2006 - 07:10 PM

When I first started playing about 3 years ago, I started with a ghilli and wasn't sure how to aply it to paintball. I used a 98custome with a flatline, colapsable stock and a remote line off of a 20oz Co2 tank. I got prety decent as a flanker, then I found Special Ops Paintball.

Now I have an A-5, A-5A2 air through stock, remote line, stiffi barrel, Spec Ops. Action ghilli rifel rag, and a Spec. Ops. Dagger vest. I play on an woodsball team that is now starting to disban. Most of our members are in the military, and wont be around for a while. I do prety good on my local field and our teams private field. I have 2 "aprentices under me learning how to be paintball snipers.

When I got my A-5, I was already comfortable with my 98custome. Even though there isnt a massively huge difference between the guns, me having an A-5 did not change how I played my game, it only made my job easier. My A-5 conformed to me as any other gun I get will.

How one uses their weaponry and equiptment is something every paintball should keep in the back of their head.

"If I did horibly because my paintball gun sucks, then I can blame mispelled words on my keyboard!" Moded version of what I heard Lary the Cabelguy say.
IPB Image

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users