The Broadsword Motto Rate Topic: -----

#271 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:49 PM

General Jonny, on Jan 12 2006, 04:12 PM, said:

Wow. Way to spell. That's General Jonny with no h.

At any rate, it's been a long time since I've looked back at this thread. Over the BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!

Go now in peace, and remember me for all of your days.

Amen.

Man...that was really self-concided. (forgive any incorrect spelling, as I rarely use that word)
So if I had come on before you and said "I think the motto should be 'We like to paint!' does that mean it would be the "official end-all motto"?

I actually had about 23 lines of stuff typed up...but after a quick re-read, I figured 20 weren't really nice. So here's the three lines that I felt like posting.

"You accomplished an impressive feat with the whole "Position Motto" thing. However, your more recent actions of calling the vast majority of us "Peons" while you claim the title of "God" for yourself overshadows any respect the Motto's earned. You are in no way a "God" as you so claim, and find this claim some-what offensive."
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#272 User is offline   grrthetree 

• Ron Paul FTW
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jrotchxctrack

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:18 PM

u resaid what i sed, but u made it seem nice
thumbs up ;)
Might was right when Caesar bled, upon the stones of Rome... Might was right when Ghengis led, his hordes over Danube's foam... Might was right when Rich men fell, and at Thermopylae... It's the gospel of the Ancient world and the gospel of today...

"The Tree of Liberty must be watered, from time to time, with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants, both."
-Thomas Jefferson

#273 User is offline   grrthetree 

• Ron Paul FTW
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:29 PM

General Jonny, on Jan 12 2006, 10:12 PM, said:

QUOTE (grrthetree @ Jan 12 2006, 04:39 PM)  r u insane, he called us all peons, and called  himself a god!!!!!

he should be stoned!!!

Remember, being a Broadsword isn't just about what you do, but who you are as well. It's true that throwing paint and burning money is part of the job description, but that's not all. Being a Broadsword is about having a heart of courage, teamwork, and steadfast determination. Being a Broadsword is about never letting anyone get you down, never giving up, and not letting that referee's bad call throw your game.  A Broadsword lives by the Broadsword's Creed

I had originally planned to leave this place forever with my last message, but I see that without my guidance, you explode in a fit of outrage. If this child's play continues, it would seem as though I will have to stick around to guide my Broadswords to victory.

For now, however. This is farewell. I command you to do your duty and maintain the qualities and characteristics of a good man.

Amen.

i dont need your "blessing", you are so conceided, and why do ppl play into his little "god" thing, talking about some broadsword bible dedicated to general jonny... i swear...u make me sick. and general jonny, we are not little peons who need your guidance.
Might was right when Caesar bled, upon the stones of Rome... Might was right when Ghengis led, his hordes over Danube's foam... Might was right when Rich men fell, and at Thermopylae... It's the gospel of the Ancient world and the gospel of today...

"The Tree of Liberty must be watered, from time to time, with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants, both."
-Thomas Jefferson

#274 User is offline   da1hobo 

• Forum Hobo
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DA HOBO

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

We dont play into his god game and the bible is not dedicated to him but to the memory of his motto. And if you are not a peon than you have no need to prove it.

How about we try to get back on topic.

This post has been edited by da1hobo: 13 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

#275 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

i think after the 15+ pages, we should leave this to rest and declare that from heretofore, a broadsword motto is any motto that a broadsword player uses. *points to my sig* you see, this used to be true of paintball in general. but now, it is simply true for a few good players, regardless of their preffered style.

general jonny sounds much like Josef Stalin the way he decries us "peons" and seek to consolidate his base of power and his circle, and impose his views unto us, who are a democratic people, even if we can be childish, we have every right to dissent. a group whose member cannot dissend with each other is not a healthy group.

i regret that we have lost one, but remember, there always will be another broadsword to join the ranks.

there is no one ultimate broadsword motto, just like there is no ultimate broadsword marker, and just like there is no ultimate broadsword player
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#276 User is offline   General Jonny 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:58 PM

Conceited. I am conceited.

I don't think you guys get it. At all.
There was a decorated General with a heart of gold.

#277 User is offline   grrthetree 

• Ron Paul FTW
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:04 PM

even if youre conceided, you dont need to act like a god.

-Thomas Jefferson

#278 User is offline   Majestic 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Majestic

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:24 AM

I personally like:

Any worth shooting once is worth shooting several times!

#279 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 15 January 2006 - 07:46 PM

I personally think this thread needs to be closed.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#280 User is offline   Redwood28 

• Heavy Gunner for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Redwood

Posted 15 January 2006 - 08:03 PM

H0llyw00d, on Jan 15 2006, 09:46 PM, said:

I personally think this thread needs to be closed.

This would be a good idea. I think 19 pages is enough, it is time to let it rest before there is a flame war in our happy home. :(

#281 User is offline   TxRanger 

• No one escapes the Ranger.
  • PipPip

Posted 15 January 2006 - 08:23 PM

It had to happen someday.
IPB Image

#282 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 15 January 2006 - 08:41 PM

Some times it sucks to be on the staff. So many things I'd like to say to/about General Jonny and his attitude, his behavior and so forth. Yet I can't. Well I can but it doesn't set a very good example.

So I'm going to suggest he check his big ego and bigger mouth at the door before he posts again.

Closed.

And BTW...."one case, one kill" stinks as a motto for the broadswords. It shows lack of creativity.

There are others listed in here that are a lot better. Power to the "peons".
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

Share this topic:

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users