• aka Base Jumper
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:KalFalnal

Post icon  Posted 05 October 2005 - 03:23 PM

SPARTAN 013, on Sep 17 2005, 09:20 AM, said:

:angry: i love my switch EL mask.... its never let me down  :huh:

QFT

Its an awesome mask for the price. Great field of view, extremely comfortable. The only fogging problems I've had with it were from rain or my own sweat. Solutions: hooded rain poncho and a better headband (and switching them out when they get sweat soaked).
My Special Ops Brigade Page

Captain of team Wolf Guard
Oklahoma City Woodsball Yahoo Group. Uniting Central OK's woodsballers since '05!

#17 User is offline   ToyotaTech5274 

• ~~~The Field Is Ours~~~ Team Kaizen
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ToyotaTech5274

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:50 PM

go ahead and get the profiler but i will warn you now...as long as you dont scratch the lens it wont for for the most part...once a lens has a scratch on it it has more tendancy to fog
Capt. Team Kaizen
Josh"Midget"Leasure

The Field Is Ours

Team Kaizen

#18 User is offline   THE BEE 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:13 PM

I got the Proto Switch EL. and i've worn it a few times and its only fogged up on me bad once (90F with high humidity). i've worn it with a backwards baseballcap keeping my hair/sweat back and have had much better results. i am very pleased with mine.

#19 User is offline   A-5_A2 

• SNAKE_EATER
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SNAKE_EATER

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:35 PM

i live in australia and it gets pretty hot and my mask never fogs up evan with all our humidity
user posted imageI'LL CRY WHEN I'AM DONE KILLIN

#20 User is offline   ZACHARY 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FastAttackZach

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:44 PM

its called anti fog :D

#21 User is offline   Dean Duben 

• Blackbeard pwned
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dean Duben

Posted 24 December 2005 - 11:02 PM

Anybody know how much a thermal lens would cost?

#22 User is offline   Mjolnir117 

• muhammad
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mjolnir

Posted 24 December 2005 - 11:50 PM

22.99 ish
IPB Image
I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one less god than you. When you understand why you disregard all other possible gods you will understand why I disregard yours.

#23 User is offline   a5rt15 

• Push 'em back
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:a5rt16

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:06 PM

I just used mine today while it was raining and about 37 degrees. Never fogged once and a friend had proto goggles too and his didn't fog.

Riot Kids Scenario Team

#24 Guest_Hoot8_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:35 AM

Where do you get replacement thermal lense for the proto switch EL?

#25 User is offline   mrmdano 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:OCMI-Dano

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:23 AM

reapermen, on Sep 14 2005, 02:20 AM, said:

To help alleviate sweat on the lens wear a headband or rolled up bandana. I used to have condensation all over my lens, it was like looking through water. Now i either wear a headband, or i rolll up a bandana and wrap it around my forehead. It eats the sweat right up. I havent had any problem with condensation the last 4 months cause of that. Give it a try. Also make sure you dry out the foam on the goggles between games, that is another reason for the condensation. The foam is still wet, so it cant absorb any more sweat, so it just leaks through. Give the headband or bandana a try, i guarentee it will work. Just remember to wring it out or bring a few spares if you sweat alot, cause once its soaked, it is useless too. I have like one headband and a few bandanas for those extra hot days.

or you could just wear a balclava

#26 User is offline   bunkerbuddy 

• I am an artist. The noob is my canvas.
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bunkerbuddy

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:16 PM

You can buy aftermarket lenses for the Proto goggles. Does anyone know if you can buy a thermal lense for the EL? Are EL and FS lenses interchangable? I have an EL but I haven't got a chance to use it yet.

#27 User is offline   Mjolnir117 

• muhammad
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mjolnir

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:20 PM

yes you can buy lenes here is my fav site for paintball stuff!

Action Village!
IPB Image
I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one less god than you. When you understand why you disregard all other possible gods you will understand why I disregard yours.

#28 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:13 PM

I had some and my dad ran over them and well they just have no chance for a Tahoe. I loved them and now I have JT Elite cos I have no money.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#29 User is offline   Big "A" 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Austin Cooper

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:45 PM

ill tell you what the fs is a great mask.i got the olive drab one and it blends in great and ive had many bounces w/it. its only fogged 3x and it unfogged very quickly. i would suggest this mask to other people

#30 User is offline   samiHagarr14 

• who cares
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:samihagarr

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:28 PM

s1t1e1a1l1t1h1y1one, on Sep 13 2005, 06:50 PM, said:

Got this mask at OK dday because my friend picked it up as well. i tried it on and it was by far the most comfortable mask i'd ever worn.it had those pads behind my ears to help keep the mask from squashing them (extremelyl greatful) and the padding was oooooooso soft! so i bought it. the day of the game, of course, it rained :( ! so obviously it fogged like a mother <_< . i figure ok it was the rain's fault, give it another try :( . so i played with it for about 3 games when i got back home and again with the fog. every game :( . about 10 mins tops into it the mask was fogged beyond remote clarity past 10 ft. I sure hope that the FS is better than the one i got (EL) fog-wise, because at around 60 for the FS ....excellent waste of cash. ive been using this extreme rage for about a month because i only had 20 bucks to spend. it's not too bad. it hasnt fogged yet anyway. but now im upgradin all the way. no more cheap crap for me!! ive had darn near enough! its V force profiler all the way. and if this fogs......there'll be one less paintballer in the world i can tell you that. so im hopefull.

bottom line: if you want comfort, its great. if you want a low profile and no fog..stay away! (it widens up quite a bit when you put it on and look in a mirror.)

the reason they do that is so you will spend more money on them and get a thermal lens. i had to send my EL back case it was falling apart. i still like though. but the next time i buy a mask its gonna be their Axiom model.
"You can't argue with all of the fools in the world. It's easier to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not paying attention."

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users