#16 User is offline   Lunar Wolf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Reaper_15

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:04 PM

View PostGH0ST, on Jan 26 2006, 09:48 PM, said:

Freedom Fighter, on Dec 23 2005, 04:10 PM, said:

Puzuma, I'm not trying to flame at all, just curious, why post that? If it's right in the spec ops page why post it in the forum?

Believe it or not, not everyone who is on the forums goes to the Special Ops site regularly. Puzuma just took the information from that site and gave it to those (unlucky) people.

hey how do u guys get those banners at the bottom of your replys, like ghosts is Ghost and the special ops logo.......i kno this is off subject but im trying to create one fo rmy team and im desperate and pulling out my hair trying to find a site to do it, help me out please

#17 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace-014

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

View PostLunar Wolf, on Aug 24 2007, 10:04 PM, said:

Puzuma, I'm not trying to flame at all, just curious, why post that? If it's right in the spec ops page why post it in the forum?

Believe it or not, not everyone who is on the forums goes to the Special Ops site regularly. Puzuma just took the information from that site and gave it to those (unlucky) people.

hey how do u guys get those banners at the bottom of your replys, like ghosts is Ghost and the special ops logo.......i kno this is off subject but im trying to create one fo rmy team and im desperate and pulling out my hair trying to find a site to do it, help me out please

It's called a signature which you can get by going to you " My Controls" near the top right corner of the screen. As for your banner then you should go to the Lounge and go to the Graphics team thread and tell em what you want and they'll make a really cool one for you. Just check out mine.
Official SpecOps FC

#18 User is offline   Lunar Wolf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Reaper_15

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

View PostLunar Wolf, on Aug 24 2007, 11:04 PM, said:

do you have to pay for it??
lol i kno i sound cheap but im just trying to get a team online sig
and the team budget is at rock bottom

#19 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace-014

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:46 PM

View PostLunar Wolf, on Aug 31 2007, 07:49 PM, said:

View PostLunar Wolf, on Aug 24 2007, 11:04 PM, said:

do you have to pay for it??
lol i kno i sound cheap but im just trying to get a team online sig
and the team budget is at rock bottom

Nope, it's free. Just go to the lounge, search The Graphics Team and tell them what you want.
Official SpecOps FC

#20 User is offline   Blaik 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:16 PM

View PostRED WOLF, on Dec 3 2005, 11:28 PM, said:

thats cause its from the website. but i agree with it completly.

personley spend time with actuall commanders and veterans of the forces, youll learn some things.

when dealing with your men. " be a friend never a pal"

that last statement is so true, both on the field and off. I would recommend commanders read "Military Methods", penned supposedly by the grandson or greatgrandson of Sun Tzu (don't remember his name offhand). One of the things he touts is to praise your troops, lead them, but never give concession to any of them. Run them hard (running with them to prove you won't ask more of them than you would yourself), praise them when they do good, but never let them off easy when they break from what they're supposed to do. Keep things equal with all of them, have no favorites, even if they're you're best friend off the field. This can cause some hard feelings, but in the end it makes for a stronger team, which is what everyone should be trying to achieve.

One of my first supervisor's applied this concept (without having read the book) with me...we would hang out all the time away from work, but at work, he was my boss and I gained no special favor. I in turn did the same with my shift (I was the lead) and while they may not have liked me all the time, they respected the fact that we had turned into a self-sufficient, finely tuned shift and could handle anything that happened, no matter how out of the ordinary it was. They knew I would back them 100% as long as their actions were justifiable, just like my boss did with me. But if they (or I) screwed up, we may front to keep the exec's from breathing fire, but it was always discussed and punished (if need be) within our own ranks.

Like was said before, to be a good commander, you must be a LEADER, not just someone barking orders. It doesn't require you being their best friend, but it does require their respect and trust that you're not going to send them into "battle" needlessly. I don't remember where I read it, but a quote I picked up goes something like this, "as a leader, in battle there are times when lives will be lost. Make sure you 'spend' those lives to accomplish a task, don't just waste them." Something like that. It holds true. If your troops know your judgement is sound and you aren't unecessarily reckless, they'll trust you and follow your orders, even when they don't make sense and you don't have time to explain them.
Tippmann Owner #74

#21 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheHurricane

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:59 PM

View PostBlaik, on Mar 18 2008, 03:16 PM, said:

View PostRED WOLF, on Dec 3 2005, 11:28 PM, said:

thats cause its from the website. but i agree with it completly.

personley spend time with actuall commanders and veterans of the forces, youll learn some things.

when dealing with your men. " be a friend never a pal"

that last statement is so true, both on the field and off. I would recommend commanders read "Military Methods", penned supposedly by the grandson or greatgrandson of Sun Tzu (don't remember his name offhand). One of the things he touts is to praise your troops, lead them, but never give concession to any of them. Run them hard (running with them to prove you won't ask more of them than you would yourself), praise them when they do good, but never let them off easy when they break from what they're supposed to do. Keep things equal with all of them, have no favorites, even if they're you're best friend off the field. This can cause some hard feelings, but in the end it makes for a stronger team, which is what everyone should be trying to achieve.

One of my first supervisor's applied this concept (without having read the book) with me...we would hang out all the time away from work, but at work, he was my boss and I gained no special favor. I in turn did the same with my shift (I was the lead) and while they may not have liked me all the time, they respected the fact that we had turned into a self-sufficient, finely tuned shift and could handle anything that happened, no matter how out of the ordinary it was. They knew I would back them 100% as long as their actions were justifiable, just like my boss did with me. But if they (or I) screwed up, we may front to keep the exec's from breathing fire, but it was always discussed and punished (if need be) within our own ranks.

Like was said before, to be a good commander, you must be a LEADER, not just someone barking orders. It doesn't require you being their best friend, but it does require their respect and trust that you're not going to send them into "battle" needlessly. I don't remember where I read it, but a quote I picked up goes something like this, "as a leader, in battle there are times when lives will be lost. Make sure you 'spend' those lives to accomplish a task, don't just waste them." Something like that. It holds true. If your troops know your judgement is sound and you aren't unecessarily reckless, they'll trust you and follow your orders, even when they don't make sense and you don't have time to explain them.

AMED Brotha!
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:
Planet Eclipse | PnL Paintball | Valken | Visions Edge | Exalt | Energy Batteries

#22 User is offline   STAZ211 

• Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:02 PM

*claps* very nice
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."

#23 User is offline   andrew sarles 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:spyderstomper

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:41 AM

a commander is the guy that leads and plans the battle strategy.although sometimes the decisions are wrong it is a good idea to listen to him so the whole team is on the same page.
LAST RITES BRIGADE! R.I.P.
ALWAYS TAKE OUT THE SUPERIOR THREAT FIRST!
ALWAYS PLAY FAIR!
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE OPPOSITION!
REMEMBER IT'S A GAME!

#24 User is offline   Wobblin-Goblin 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:56 PM

I've been involved with paintball off and on since 1988. Splatmasters were all the rage for rentals. Pumps were hardcore. I've played woodsball tournaments. I've reffed Blue vs. Gray games. I've built forts, bases, and entire fields. The one thing that I always seem to gravitate to in the paintball arena is the "big picture."

Reading this forum is very interesting. Much of the "stuff" I've paid attention to over the years is contained here in a type of clearinghouse of information. Thanks for taking the time to post about this side of paintball, the side that many people overlook. I'm looking forward to hanging out here and learning more.

#25 User is offline   Death Envoy 

• Nos Mos Nunquam Intereo
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Death Envoy

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

Just so you know, the Master rank says 15 days required sniper play.

#26 User is offline   Bishop- 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bishop-

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

View Postwundarful1_plaiur!1!, on May 14 2006, 02:29 PM, said:

View PostPuzuma, on Sep 12 2005, 04:29 PM, said:

Master
Requires at least fifteen paintball days playing sniper position.

:laugh:

lol

#27 User is offline   pewpewkyle 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:pewpew kyle

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:39 PM

yeah learning your teamates capabilities is important.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users