Special Ops Paintball: [HOWTO] Paint your marker Digital Style - Special Ops Paintball

• (28 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[HOWTO] Paint your marker Digital Style Rate Topic: ***** 4 Votes

#31 User is offline   Chevrefils 

• Chevy
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ThunderChunk

Posted 29 September 2005 - 05:56 PM

Us Canadians have been using it for a long time and its very effective better then Woodland. Realtree is very effective also. I heard the americans are switching over to digital too..

#32 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PB_Ghost

Posted 02 October 2005 - 04:19 PM

good ol canadians and there cadpat!

were still useing hunting camo, "ya'll" (i always associate reeltree and jeff foxworthy)

thats the only thing i like about canada, well other than hockey!

ive started painting my a-5 and its working and for advise be sure to sand the plastic or else it doesnt fit i had to re-do myn!
Become a Str8balla (#67)
Member #11 of invisible text club!
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#33 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsGhost

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:23 PM

Chevrefils, on Sep 29 2005, 07:56 PM, said:

Us Canadians have been using it for a long time and its very effective better then Woodland. Realtree is very effective also. I heard the americans are switching over to digital too..

I think the Americans, or British, were the ones that came up with it. They were just toying around with it for a while and running tests to see if it was better then what they currently had. And it was.
BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.
WARNING: Extreme sarcasm ahead.

#34 User is offline   SnipETucker 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:rocksnipa029

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:06 PM

Ok question, what is the blue stuff that makes the outline of the digital??
WHERE CAN I GET IT

This post has been edited by SnipETucker: 04 October 2005 - 02:09 PM

I dont have anything cool to say, like sarge, or weaps0, so ill just say ssssss...... AHH ssssssss.........AHH!....sssssss..........AAHH!

#35 User is offline   Mike68 

• "Have a sense of preservation!"
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:19 PM

SnipETucker, on Oct 4 2005, 02:06 PM, said:

Ok question, what is the blue stuff that makes the outline of the digital??
WHERE CAN I GET IT

Blue tape? Damn near anywhere.

Try Home Depot
"My greatest fear is that when I die, no one will remember me."

-Some dead guy

#36 User is offline   SnipETucker 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:32 PM

well, yeah, but like how were the patterns made on it?

I am using wookies techneique(sp?) of applying the base coat, applying addhesive pattern, and then laying on the lighter color...
...using wookies stencil generator, what paper do i print my stencil onto? the steps of the stenciling process confuses me whenever i read the directions

This post has been edited by SnipETucker: 04 October 2005 - 02:52 PM

I dont have anything cool to say, like sarge, or weaps0, so ill just say ssssss...... AHH ssssssss.........AHH!....sssssss..........AAHH!

#37 User is offline   Desert Wookie 

• Mad Painter
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DESERT WOOKIE

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:16 PM

The blue stencil you see is a premade stencil from LCW (Pimp style) :D

The ghetto way was to use the adhesive frisket material and print the marpat pattern on to it....

Hope that helps.

#38 User is offline   KalFalnal 

• aka Base Jumper
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:KalFalnal

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:27 PM

BlackOpsGhost, on Oct 3 2005, 08:23 PM, said:

I think the Americans, or British, were the ones that came up with it. They were just toying around with it for a while and running tests to see if it was better then what they currently had. And it was.

The Marines came up with it. MARPAT. The Army is now adopting their own version. The thing with night vision isn't so much about the digital pattern but the material and/or cloth dyes. The old military camo glowed on night vision, the new MARPAT (and probably CADPAT too) don't, allowing the wearer to blend in.

hehe, I always want to call the Canadian stuff CARPAT...like...carpet...err... :D
My Special Ops Brigade Page

Captain of team Wolf Guard
Oklahoma City Woodsball Yahoo Group. Uniting Central OK's woodsballers since '05!

#39 User is offline   SnipETucker 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:29 PM

*sigh* well i was hoping that you somehow made that stencil yourself lol

This post has been edited by SnipETucker: 04 October 2005 - 06:33 PM

#40 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2005 - 03:25 PM

KalFalnal, on Oct 4 2005, 06:27 PM, said:

The Marines came up with it. MARPAT. The Army is now adopting their own version. The thing with night vision isn't so much about the digital pattern but the material and/or cloth dyes. The old military camo glowed on night vision, the new MARPAT (and probably CADPAT too) don't, allowing the wearer to blend in.

hehe, I always want to call the Canadian stuff CARPAT...like...carpet...err... :P

WRONG! :D B)

(im a camme freak!)

Cadpat was first! (go canadians) and it works Great in a green enviroment, Marpat was baised off of cadpat (some may disbelive this but they are very similar exept for the colors) supposeivly we got some help from the mounties but that might just be a roumor ;) . thats why i think Marpat has "pat" in it.

as for makeing your own stencil what i did and have done befor is take some of the blue panters low adhesive tape is cut it up and make your own digital pattern,

example cut a pice and put in on a diffrent spot (make sure the pice is square or rectangular)
Become a Str8balla (#67)
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#41 User is offline   Victor II 

• Aqua Teen FTW
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Victor II

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:32 PM

what kind of paint did you use on the hopper, will spray paint work on the hopper if I sand it well.
PbForum .My Nation . Str8tballa #59 . My Markers . Feedback SpecOps PBN
. Official paintball snipers don't exist club member #1
High End Marker People member #10
Original Invisible Text Club Member #3

#42 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsGhost

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:40 PM

PB Ghost, on Oct 6 2005, 05:25 PM, said:

KalFalnal, on Oct 4 2005, 06:27 PM, said:

hehe, I always want to call the Canadian stuff CARPAT...like...carpet...err... :wacko:

WRONG! ;) B)

(im a camme freak!)

Cadpat was first! (go canadians) and it works Great in a green enviroment, Marpat was baised off of cadpat (some may disbelive this but they are very similar exept for the colors) supposeivly we got some help from the mounties but that might just be a roumor ;) . thats why i think Marpat has "pat" in it.

as for makeing your own stencil what i did and have done befor is take some of the blue panters low adhesive tape is cut it up and make your own digital pattern,

example cut a pice and put in on a diffrent spot (make sure the pice is square or rectangular)

I stand corrected. Errr...sit corrected.
BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.
WARNING: Extreme sarcasm ahead.

#43 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:42 PM

Victor II, on Oct 6 2005, 04:32 PM, said:

what kind of paint did you use on the hopper, will spray paint work on the hopper if I sand it well.

Yea, just sand it well or else it will come off and peal!
Become a Str8balla (#67)
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#44 User is offline   Captain Bozo 

• *Slime Trail*
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Captain Bozo

Posted 06 October 2005 - 05:02 PM

If you sand plastic, lightly sand it with fine grit paper or else you will have a fuzzy paint job, you really do not have to sand it at all, just clean it with dish soap and rinse it off really good. The soap will remove grease and stuff.
<div align="center"><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->The only thing worse than beating a dead horse is betting on one.
<a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=15622" target="_blank">The Bozo's feedback</a><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></div>

#45 User is offline   SnipETucker 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:54 PM

Ok, so its not a gun... but i figured it belonged in here. I decided to try the getto version. I did it all with Brown, Green, And Tan Krylon h2o. It took me 4 days(one day for each color to dry, and the last day to un-stencil and coat with clear enemal sealer). For the stencils i used a cutting board, boxknife, and good ole' regular masking tape. Yes, i FREE HANDED all of the stencils, using only my noggin(i didnt draw the design and then cut it out), which took about 2 hrs for each layer. Tell me what you think!!

Share this topic:

• (28 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users