• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dog Leg Product Review New Products Review

#16 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:04 PM

Ive never had any trouble with sights and alignment. if i want i can hold the gun out at full arms lenght and still use the pointsight effectively

#17 User is offline   sleight42 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:sleight42

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:21 PM

How about some photos of a marker with the dogleg? For that matter, I'd really like to see photos of A-5s mounted with the SPECIAL OPS A-5 DOGLEG EZ AIR-THRU KIT and the SPECIAL OPS A-5 AIR-THRU DOGLEG KIT. Seeing as how I'm not a machinist, I'd probably prefer the former.

I've already had a crappy experience with a BT carbine stock. Not only can I not sight down the rail but the $#@% ring that connects via two field pins and an allen wrench screw split on the screw point because it's a thin cheap piece of aluminum!

While aluminum may be light, I'd really prefer some of these thinner components be made of stainless steel. Fine, they may be a tad more expensive but at least they'd be as durable as you'd expect them to be!

This post has been edited by sleight42: 19 September 2005 - 09:29 PM

#18 User is offline   FILO 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:FILO

Posted 30 September 2005 - 11:40 AM

I ordered my left handed, air through dogleg stock from special ops paintball within 4 days of their promotional email on Aug 24. There was some delay in receiving the order but once I got the stock I could see it was what I had been looking for. I have always been a point shooter, where I would bring the gun to my shoulder and just look over the top of the barrel. Special Ops calls this self-aiming. See this link for more information.
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/article...ng_paintgun.asp
The problem was the mask. I could never get my head over the top of the gun to look down the barrel. I shot a Tippmann 98 with a collapsible AR type stock for several years and because I am left handed, I had to walk most of my shoots in from the right to the target. On the 98 I was able to look under the hopper and along the right side the gun. When I bought my A5, I installed the A5A2 kit from Special ops I found I was shooting farther to the right because I had to look around the Cyclonic feeder.
Now that I have the Dogleg stock installed the gun comes up in line with where I am looking and I am directly over the top of the barrel. The only adjustment I make is for elevation. There is virtually no interference from my mask being pressed against the stock.
The stock may not look like a gunstock but it is functional and definitely gets the job done. The air through system works well. Itís completely out of the way and the gun shoulders with no interference from my remote coil.
Overall I am very satisfied with the dogleg stock. Itís worth the money and I would recommend it to anyone who uses this style of shooting. If I had one recommendation it would be to put a sling mount at the top front of the stock.
user posted image

#19 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 September 2005 - 02:18 PM

If you go remote a stock is needed but if you use a tank the tank works great for its own stock

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users