• You cannot reply to this topic

bt apex vs flatline my way of saveing tippmann's dumper Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Howling Mad 

• Comrade
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Howling Mad

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:48 AM

I think lots of places will bann it. It replaces skill with tecnology/money. It's cheating in my book.

#32 User is offline   jester_12 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:jester12

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:35 AM

I have a a5 electric so if i shoot fully auto im i going to have problems with balls breaking at pretty high volacity

#33 User is offline   Ghost13 

• Ghost
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost13

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:56 PM

lastman, screw messing with the settings, set it to a point that you like for range and accuracy and leave it there, and keeping a quiet marker is nice, but not necessary for all types of snipers. ambushers and recon snipers may want to keep real quiet, but i mostly stalk my opponents, by time i pull the trigger, it doesnt matter if they hear me or not

#34 User is offline   lastmanstanding 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 August 2005 - 04:02 PM

Well, it's pretty easy for a good player to have the sense to keep the setting in one place, but the newbies and rich kid wannabies who have their new "tricked-out barrel" will be attempting curve shots, and insane stunts because of this function. This would spell the end for most of the players out there :P

You, I know have the sense not to do that. However, some people... i just don't know...

In addition, if you were to keep it to one setting, the only practical settings are the regular flatline setting, and the normal barrel setting. The flatline setting is the perfect balance between range and accuracy, and you shouldn't mess with it. Likewise, the regular barrel setting is, well, the regular thing. Anything above the flatline setting isn't consistant, and anything between the flatine and normal settings either have too little spin to optimize usage.

So really, the apex only grants you two effective settings.

In addition, regualr barrels (stiffi, JJ, All-american, whisper, ect.) Outpreform the normal barrel apex setting, essentially nullifying the effect of it.

So when it comes down to it, you're buying a flatline for 40-50$ more.
Well then again, you do get easier installment, cleaning, and no paint pickiness, so I guess it evens out there

This post has been edited by lastmanstanding: 19 August 2005 - 04:10 PM

#35 User is offline   DonnCath 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DonnCath

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:38 PM

Howling Mad, on Aug 18 2005, 08:48 AM, said:

I think lots of places will bann it. It replaces skill with tecnology/money. It's cheating in my book.

Wow...
There's so much wrong with that it's scary. How is extended range, with or without a loss in accuracy or other drawback, cheating in today's game of paintball? What about RT's? Ramping? It adds another dimension to the game, just like the flatline did when it first showed up. People without flatlines at first did one of two things: Got a flatty themselves, or took advantage of the downfalls people who had them faced (i.e. accuracy loss, cleaning probs). As far as replacing skill with technology/money, no. That was achieved some time ago by tourney gun manufacturers.

#36 User is offline   EliteSniper 

• "One Shot, One Kill"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:EliteSniper

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:07 PM

lastmanstanding, on Aug 17 2005, 02:45 PM, said:

Uhh, no, baaad for snipers.

It's loud, and messing around with the settings too much WILL get you killed.

Plus, paintballs rarely break at the extended ranges that the apex and flatline provide.

The stiffi still is the best barrel out there.

do u own or have used a apex? if not u can stop talking not to be mean or something but dont go around saying its loud and suks when people like maoti who own/ tried one say its much quiter than the flatline and more accurate. u are simply being igggnorant and arent being helpful or in anyways being a good forum member. hope fully i dont get found a flamer or suttin by the dmins but if u dont have one shutup. simple as that.
Save our game! If you are honorable and play fair, put this in your sig.

#37 User is offline   WolfdogA5 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Wolfdog

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:00 AM

From what I have been reading on this barrel it sounds like it may have it's uses for those who wish a quieter alternative to the flatline of a barrel with a less distinct profile than the flatline.

I personally plan to pick one up and try it out and keep it in the gear bag as a backup to my flatline if I have a problem. Most of us usually have a spare barrel or two lying around to play with so I don't see why I shouldn't have a barrel to back up my flatty in case of problems in the heat of things.

Doesn't mean that things will change much for most of us who use common sense, and who knows, it might make for some easy eliminations on the field from the kids who are playing with the settings trying to pick off one of us instead of using good squad tactics to nail us.

#38 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:18 AM

I personaly like the apex. Saying it takes skillm out of the game is rediculouse. If you use a semi auto and say it is you are a hypocrit. Since at the time that took skill out of the game.

#39 User is offline   hellfire 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 September 2005 - 02:11 AM

what i am worried about is that the ablls might not break at long ranges
could someone whom owns this barrel confirm it

thanks B)
Iron Lions London, The Paintball Team for London (UK).

#40 Guest_Headshotjester_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:17 PM

man i saw a demo off the apex barrel and i have to say the curve sucks.... its no better than a flatline turned sideways and it is definetly the ugliest thing ever... its 5 inches of barrel and 5 inches of that big thing on the end which makes ur gun look so weird.... anyways this thing has no accuracy what so ever on long range shots.... no superflatline mode the balls were at least a yard apart..... it was terrible.... the flatline is way better. sad to say but im selling my gently used flatline for 80 bucks. PM me

#41 User is offline   liftedtacoma99 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:24 PM

i used my apex today for the first time in a game (i have spent agood amount of time testing all the settings)... first off the curve setting does suck... however the dive bomb works good... second it doesnt take anytime at all to adjust the settings in fact i could adjust the settings while i was still shooting my A5... so either im some kind of apex god or this barrel is really simple to use and some people have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and really need to stop... it out shoots the flatline end of discussion... yes in the super flatline mode it is not accurate. but i still got 4 kills in this mode so i guess it is accurate enough... in flatline mode (setting 4-6) it is more accurate than a flatline... it is NOT 16+ inches long. it IS 10.75 inches long... and that is not 5 inches of barrel and 5 inches of "that big thing on the end" :D i had 4 kills at long range (setting 8) so they were breaking at that distance. and i dont know how many ducked behind a bunker and rubbed (there is alot of cheating at my home feild) all in all it is a better barrel than the flatline and i have used both...

#42 User is offline   ToyotaTech5274 

• ~~~The Field Is Ours~~~ Team Kaizen
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ToyotaTech5274

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:50 AM

liftedtacoma99, on Sep 10 2005, 10:24 PM, said:

i used my apex today for the first time in a game (i have spent agood amount of time testing all the settings)... first off the curve setting does suck... however the dive bomb works good... second it doesnt take anytime at all to adjust the settings in fact i could adjust the settings while i was still shooting my A5... so either im some kind of apex god or this barrel is really simple to use and some people have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and really need to stop... it out shoots the flatline end of discussion... yes in the super flatline mode it is not accurate. but i still got 4 kills in this mode so i guess it is accurate enough... in flatline mode (setting 4-6) it is more accurate than a flatline... it is NOT 16+ inches long. it IS 10.75 inches long... and that is not 5 inches of barrel and 5 inches of "that big thing on the end" :huh: i had 4 kills at long range (setting 8) so they were breaking at that distance. and i dont know how many ducked behind a bunker and rubbed (there is alot of cheating at my home feild) all in all it is a better barrel than the flatline and i have used both...

10.75 including threads...the balls may not always break with super flatline mode but they are enough to put someones head down so a team mate can flank...other than that i with you 100% fellow toyota truck owner...but mines lowered...lol
Capt. Team Kaizen
Josh"Midget"Leasure

The Field Is Ours

Team Kaizen

#43 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:04 PM

ToyotaTech5274, on Sep 12 2005, 12:50 PM, said:

10.75 including threads...the balls may not always break with super flatline mode but they are enough to put someones head down so a team mate can flank...other than that i with you 100% fellow toyota truck owner...but mines lowered...lol

I think he means by lifted like stolden.

#44 User is offline   liftedtacoma99 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:55 PM

nah im mean lifted like offroad lift kit... i know the name sucks but i had just finished a hard day of FFI training and was ordering my lift kit and needed a email address... and this is what i came up with:wacko:

#45 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:06 PM

heh. sounds better if ya stold it :P but cool that ya lifted it. post sum pics

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users