• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gear overhaul Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   texantillidie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

I used to play paintball awhile ago,but I had no idea what I was doing. I bought a tippmann 98 and put a flatline barrel and active response trigger used co2 and a cheap hopper. I now plan on getting back into. I plan to sell my gear and mostly start over and would like some help. I'm kinda working on a budget being in college and all. I plan on playing mostly woodsball, but will play some speedball too.

For hoppers I was looking at the Halo too. Is this gonna work out well or should I go with a Halo B?

I'm pretty much set on an HPA tank, but after that I'm a bit confused. Will the empire aluminim 48/3000 work fine for me? I dont mind the weight.

For the mask I'm thinking the Save Phace Phantom line. This should work well right? Ive worn one and found it to be very comfortable.

Marker is where I'm the most held up though. As a firearm enthusiast I'm tempted to stay with the tippman and make it look like my ar-15, but I've seen alot of recommendation to not treat a paintball gun like a firearm. So should I go with a more millsim style or go traditional paintball gun like the gog envy? I do plan on modifying the gun in the future when more money comes in if that plays a part. I do plan on purchasing a apex 2 barrel if that matters.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this!

#2 User is offline   WPain1234 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

You are on the right track. The hopper will work fine for you.

On the tank I would go with a 48/4500. The 3k is not going to get you many shots.

Masks are all preference. This is one area I recommend spending some money. You would be amazed at how much better your day is when you have a mask that fits properly and is comfortable.

On the marker side of things. You could look into a Tippmann Cronus Tactical or Alpha Black. Both are good options for someone on a budget.

Hope this helps a bit..

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users