• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ohhhh Spit Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MechCb 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

What's up guys! I haven't been on here in a few years, and just figured I'd pop back on to see if this old place was still around. I'm surprised to still see some of the same old names on here. How've y'all been? I couldn't remember my old password, and the email account linked to it has been deleted, so I just created a new account-similar name. Before it was Mech Cb.

This post has been edited by MechCb: 17 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

Not a lot. Since a new company took over the forum has kind of died. We've had a few other older members pop back in but no real traffic. Even spambots are few and far between.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   MechCb 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

Yea, I got out of here about the time a new company was coming back in and there were changes and other things going on that were hurting the original Spec Ops brand. It looks like they've grown pretty good though-I'm pretty sure I saw some Special Ops Paintball guns at Academy here in Central Texas a few weeks ago.

#4 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

Ohhh okay, I do remember you! (refer to my 'remember me?' thread)

Yeah I did the same thing and wanted to peak into my past a bit. Its pretty sad how this place ended up, it was literally my childhood.
Hello everybody. Im back.

#5 User is offline   MechCb 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

Yea, it's kinda depressing. I think a big part of the paintball boom had to do with the war. I'm sure we'll have another one soon enough, so maybe thing will revive when the US decides to put it's nose in someone else's business again.

#6 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

I'd rather not have another war. Get everyone home, work on building the economy and get back to the woodsball.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#7 User is offline   MechCb 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

I'd rather not either, but it seems to be what humans can't get away from.

#8 User is offline   Capone5 

• Worlds best Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CAPONE5

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Welcome back dude, I just returned myself! To put it frankly airsoft took alot of the player base away from paintball, especially during the recession and post recession. Figure a case of decent paint is $50-80 (some places charge 100-120 for field paint).... Entrance fee's are high and all that jazz. From a fiscal standpoint airsoft is so much cheaper. However now that the economy is getting back on track and some people have more loot to spend maybe some of the older players who left will get back into the pball scene.
CDI- Capone Defense Inc. 2010 CLF

#9 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

Airsoft? Seriously....I didnt really think anyone bothered with that much anymore. Its sure not happening much out here in Nor Cal.

#10 User is offline   Capone5 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:18 AM

View PostThe Stuntman, on 19 February 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

Airsoft? Seriously....I didnt really think anyone bothered with that much anymore. Its sure not happening much out here in Nor Cal.

I see you don't have much knowledge of the industry! I don't want to thread jack. But if someone wants to make a thread comparing the two industry's I would be more than happy to provide my expert opinion and knowledge on the issue.

#11 User is offline   MechCb 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

Whats up, guys! I'm surprised myself that airsoft could take over the paintball fans. Airsoft has always been popular with the military guys I've been around, but the guys I played paintball with just didn't seem to have any interest in airsoft. Personally-I went the OPPOSITE direction. I'm huge into guns now. I've got a gun cabinet, and am working on stocking it up. Hell, my local range and I have such a good relationship that the people who own it are like a second family to me. I've got a few videos of us blowing up cars and shooting some cool guns. The range is on this families personal land, and they have some NICE acreage for paintball. We scouted out some good areas to play, and put word out that people can come play paintball there for $15 a day but there just wasn't much interest in it. Maybe I just didn't get enough word out-I dunno.

#12 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

Wow..... I thought you were dead. We all did. :dodgy:

:laugh:
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#13 User is offline   MechCb 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

I was. :ninja:

#14 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostThe Stuntman, on 19 February 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

I know Capone and I can vouch for the East,

But yeah Airsoft is becoming very large. I work at a field and we have hordes of 10-16 year olds playing every weekend. Almost as if the 17-20's are still in paintball but anyone younger or older flocks to airsoft. A generation gap so to speak. I actually hate it because its only so fun to tool on young kids until it gets boring. But 2-5 years from now there will definitely be a large boom in the event playing airsofters.

Just this November, Capone and I attended an Event with about 390 players, many traveling from states away just to play.

I moved on from paintball, way too much money. I can get decent bbs at 5000 a bottle for only $10. And the guns are much better for customization. As a gun tech I do feel the guns are not as reliable when you first get them compared to paintball but after $50 of internals you can make them last forever.
Hello everybody. Im back.

#15 User is offline   Capone5 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

View PostEpic Change, on 24 February 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

View PostThe Stuntman, on 19 February 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

I know Capone and I can vouch for the East,

But yeah Airsoft is becoming very large. I work at a field and we have hordes of 10-16 year olds playing every weekend. Almost as if the 17-20's are still in paintball but anyone younger or older flocks to airsoft. A generation gap so to speak. I actually hate it because its only so fun to tool on young kids until it gets boring. But 2-5 years from now there will definitely be a large boom in the event playing airsofters.

Just this November, Capone and I attended an Event with about 390 players, many traveling from states away just to play.

I moved on from paintball, way too much money. I can get decent bbs at 5000 a bottle for only $10. And the guns are much better for customization. As a gun tech I do feel the guns are not as reliable when you first get them compared to paintball but after $50 of internals you can make them last forever.

What field do you work at?

Also if you want something to last 50,000-100,000 rounds get a Stock Cyma Ak or M14. Parts might fall off but they seem to go on and on and on and on.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users