Special Ops Paintball: We are SpecOps - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

We are SpecOps Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

Well folks here it is. This forum is the new SpecOps home page. We are SpecOps. We are no longer representing any manufacturer or business. SpecOps' staff is the moderating team. The last owners no longer are involved in PB and the name is remaining as an online community.

We have condensed things down and gotten back to the basics of what a PB community is about. It's your forum and is now what you shall make of it. :tup:

#2 User is offline   CptObvious 

• Original Join Date- 29th October 2004 - 04:14 PM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CPTOBVIOUS

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

For those of you that were around during the glory days of SO, remember that it fostered such a great community. Players across North America, even the world, connected. People were passionate about the sport, about what SO meant (honor, integrity, sportsmanship, family). As we move forward into the future, keep these things in mind on and off the field. Bring in new people to our wonderful sport and instill in them those same values which SpecOps was known for so that they live on in the next generation of ballers.

We hope to make this community excell once more, and it will take some time, but this place will be nothing without you, the players. I understand times are hard, or that people have moved on, but those that have are still family. Even if you haven't played in years, for whatever reason, stick around and share your insight, your wisdom, and your ideas, so that others can learn. As slinky said, this is YOUR forum. Make it a place that you want to keep coming back to. Make it a place where players, new and old, will be comfortable to share their ideas and opinions.

Make the name SpecialOps Paintball known once more.
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

#3 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

Unfortunately the bots are still hanging around.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#4 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

Wow. That's pretty amazing. So did they give special permission to use the logo and name, etc? Just going out of business doesn't take away their ownership of the brand.

You know, I joined a bunch of other PB forums. I joined MCB, 98OG, and so on. But the only forum I have ever really had any interest in posting and reading is this one. So, since it has slowed, I check in every once in awhile, but I don't spend time on other pb forums.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#5 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

In the spirit of things... This was from this past weekend

Posted Image

Ever since I found this place when I was 13 years old, I dreamt of having a longbow. I spent HOURS on the articles and reading RECON magazines about the true paintball sniper. Well, I graduated high school, have a nice job, and could finally buy what I always dreamed of having. I couldn't be happier.

#6 User is offline   Wycowboy307 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Wycowboy307

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

Ok so quite sometime ago like 6 or 7 years ago I joined spec ops paintball because it showed who was putting on a ga e where and what kind. I meet a great group of people and help start a team in western Colorado. I now face the same issue but in a new area of eastern Colorado. So my question is that can you or are you spec ops going to run this site like it was a few years ago with a " profile " page with a game locator and a people kind of search. I hope so, because it is how I know how a great deal of help to getting new and younger players in involved in the sport the right way.

#7 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

The Game Locator was a proprietary piece of software associated with the original owners. While MOATI was still in charge he was looking at trying to get it back, but that didn't happen.

And, again, the current forum staff are not associated with any actual company. We enjoyed this forum a lot and do not want to see it die. We started as members here and became mods and admins, we don't get paid to do this.

Now what does that mean? We have a ton of things to consider. Do we chip in personal funds to set up & maintain our own server or do we go with something online? Do we generate revenue with ads, offer paid memberships, ask for donations? How are we going to get people to come back without the store?

We are going to be looking to our members to drive this forum again. Any suggestions or help are welcome.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#8 User is offline   CptObvious 

• Original Join Date- 29th October 2004 - 04:14 PM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CPTOBVIOUS

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

The options that Puzuma mentioned are being discussed and debated. I am sure that we are all here becuase of the game locator/brigade. While at this time we cannot offer such a system, we can use the message board as a place for people to gather from around the world. The forum is what we can offer to everyone, for now, as a place to foster and rebuild the community.

Sniper- Excellent! I have always loved the longbow. I still want one, albeit with a warp feed on it. The only SO gear I have is the Elite Weekend jersey/pants. I still rock the jersey every now and then. Most recently was last April at West Point.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

#9 User is offline   pacostacos88 

• EGO DESTROYER
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:TOUGHGUY88

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

This is just awesome =)

Love you Slinky <3

#10 User is offline   Caissey 

• Mmm Tasteeos Rock
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tasteeos

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

I'll always be here, through thick and thin.

#11 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

Still here on occasion...
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'd suggest a bit of everything. Ads, donations, maybe a store for swag; t-shirts, patches, etc. That seems to be MCB's model unless I'm missing something.

The game locator was really unique. It would be awesome if we could get that back or rebuild it.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#13 User is offline   MOATI 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: The man. The myth. The legend.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

In regards to the Game Locator system...I have every intention of having some sort of system in place to meet this need. I do have access to the original system but it needs quite a bit of work. There are also other options that I'm considering.
Master Of All That Is

#14 User is offline   barkingspider 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

Nice to see a glimps of the glory days!

MOATI is that you resurrected? I thought you were banned along with your evil twin BDAZL

Great breath of fresh air to see you back

#15 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

View Postbarkingspider, on 05 August 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

Nice to see a glimps of the glory days!

MOATI is that you resurrected? I thought you were banned along with your evil twin BDAZL

Great breath of fresh air to see you back

LOL - they were banned like two owners ago....that is ancient history now.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users