Special Ops Paintball: IS ANYONE STILL ON THIS WEBSITE!?!?!?!?! - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IS ANYONE STILL ON THIS WEBSITE!?!?!?!?! I need help on this website Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   CON*RAD 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CON*RAD

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

It's still alive! Surprisingly, I remembered my login password. I haven't been on here in years, I was maybe 16 or 17 when I joined. Now I'm 21 and it seems like it was yesterday I made my first post.

It's kinda sad to see that it's slowed down this much, but it's good to see some of the original guys are still lurking around.
AGD- "because quality always shoots straight"

pump player

SOUP

#47 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

You guys are lucky. I feel a little left out... I never got an e-mail asking me to come back. lol.

Since the blowup here, I've spent most of my time lurking on mcb/pbn/a5... Crazy how downhill this place went in such a short amount of time.

Haven't played much since the end of '12 when my amazing local scenario field closed. Though I'm playing in a few weeks at the first scenario of a newer field down around Pittsburgh. Stoked to get back out & see a bunch of old friends again.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#48 User is offline   Stalker 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Here!

#49 User is offline   CadetNewb 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

It's been just...two days since I received an email from here.

And already, I find out that a lot's changed. The very last time I had paintball was in 2008 at SC Village's "Decay of Nations" scenario game. It was good, fun times, but at that point, either my B-5's powertube internals were starting to fail, or my comp-air tank's output regulator was starting to go wonky. College was just right around the corner, and after that began, I never picked up my marker again. Five long, long years without paintball. Sure, I got the email prior to this one, but, IIRC, it was right around finals. Sometime after that, this one arrives. And...I find out a lot's changed. SpecOps as I knew it back in the day is now gone and with the paintball industry apparently in recession.

I'm shocked - I always thought it'd be there for me to return to one day.

It still is in a sense - the forums are here - but what I'm really asking is, where do I get gear like SpecOps' now? In all honesty, I haven't done any searches, so feel free to berate me on that, but still. Where?
You use your stick to kill a "Dire Rat" and tie it to the stick. New weapon made: Rat Flail!

Oh, and don't Derail this thread.

#50 User is offline   CptObvious 

• Original Join Date- 29th October 2004 - 04:14 PM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:CPTOBVIOUS

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

Easiest way- second hand. Ebay, craigslist, BSTs on forums.

Speaking of Decay of Nations in 2008...I was there, too. Shirtless medic running around. I forget what side I was on.
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

#51 User is offline   CadetNewb 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostCptObvious, on 06 August 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Speaking of Decay of Nations in 2008...I was there, too. Shirtless medic running around. I forget what side I was on.

Thanks.

And Haw! Wish I saw you there! In the end though, I don't think it mattered which side we were on, Ekron or UNA. Rather, what did was how much fun was had. They were good times. Moving on though, it's odd - I see several hundred users online, but out of them all, only five logged in at this time. Besides the quality goods, the other thing that drew me here way back when was the game locator. Even if I didn't apply myself into the group, I at least knew when and where some paintball was going on. Bringing that back, by either obtaining the rights to it or even having it remade/reverse engineered/made anew, would likely be a big boon. I know this has likely been talked about before, but, it's a worthwhile idea I think.
You use your stick to kill a "Dire Rat" and tie it to the stick. New weapon made: Rat Flail!

Oh, and don't Derail this thread.

#52 User is offline   CptObvious 

• Original Join Date- 29th October 2004 - 04:14 PM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:CPTOBVIOUS

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostCadetNewb, on 06 August 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

View PostCptObvious, on 06 August 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Thanks.

And Haw! Wish I saw you there! In the end though, I don't think it mattered which side we were on, Ekron or UNA. Rather, what did was how much fun was had. They were good times. Moving on though, it's odd - I see several hundred users online, but out of them all, only five logged in at this time. Besides the quality goods, the other thing that drew me here way back when was the game locator. Even if I didn't apply myself into the group, I at least knew when and where some paintball was going on. Bringing that back, by either obtaining the rights to it or even having it remade/reverse engineered/made anew, would likely be a big boon. I know this has likely been talked about before, but, it's a worthwhile idea I think.

MOATI said that "In regards to the Game Locator system...I have every intention of having some sort of system in place to meet this need. I do have access to the original system but it needs quite a bit of work. There are also other options that I'm considering. " So it may certainly make a return.
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

#53 User is offline   Phyllis White 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:The Goon Squad- JGFL

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hey there to everyone still here. I just saw the email from SpecOps about the forums and wanted to check back in. I've had to take a couple of years off due to financial obligations but hope to be back soon. I used to play for the scenario team Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team (or, I.T.S.P.B.). My nick name was OakeeDoke.

John O'Koren

#54 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostCadetNewb, on 06 August 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

It's been just...two days since I received an email from here.

And already, I find out that a lot's changed. The very last time I had paintball was in 2008 at SC Village's "Decay of Nations" scenario game. It was good, fun times, but at that point, either my B-5's powertube internals were starting to fail, or my comp-air tank's output regulator was starting to go wonky. College was just right around the corner, and after that began, I never picked up my marker again. Five long, long years without paintball. Sure, I got the email prior to this one, but, IIRC, it was right around finals. Sometime after that, this one arrives. And...I find out a lot's changed. SpecOps as I knew it back in the day is now gone and with the paintball industry apparently in recession.

I'm shocked - I always thought it'd be there for me to return to one day.

It still is in a sense - the forums are here - but what I'm really asking is, where do I get gear like SpecOps' now? In all honesty, I haven't done any searches, so feel free to berate me on that, but still. Where?

B5 eh? Still got it? *eyebrow raise*

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users