Special Ops Paintball: RAM/T4E X50 (SIG-Sauer P226R) Sniper System Mod - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RAM/T4E X50 (SIG-Sauer P226R) Sniper System Mod

#1 User is offline   Action N 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Greetings all! I've been looking around for the right forum to display one of my most recent projects, and on some advice from a friend, I decided I would try here. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

http://fc04.devianta...n_n-d5omfro.jpg

http://fc03.devianta...n_n-d5omh6h.jpg

The Case

Purchased from The Container Store, this sturdy black plastic case comes with a customizable foam insert. The configuration shown is capable of holding one RAM X50 paintball marker with attached Mark 1 accessory mount, five magazines (four double-stacked in two slots, and one in the marker), one NcSTAR ultra compact green laser sight, three laser sight batteries (two in slots, and one in the laser sight), one Mark 1 silencer, and one Barska 2.5x20 Compact Contour telescopic rifle sight.

The Pistol

Designed to imitate the appearance and functionality of SIG-Sauer's P226R pistol, the RAM X50 paintball marker fires .43 cal. paintballs or rubber balls from a 9-shot drop-out magazine, and is powered by a 12-gram CO2 cylinder which fits in the grip behind the magazine. The RAM X50 includes a number of features for greater realism, including blowback action and a functional decocking lever.

The Accessory Mount

A proof-of-concept exercise in fitting 3D-printed components to a consumer product, the Mark 1 accessory mount also serves as a prelude to further airsoft/paintball customization for client commissions. Incorporating design elements from several movie firearms (notably Kirill's accessorized SIG-Sauer P220 Sport from xXx and the Grammaton Cleric Beretta 92FS from Equilibrium), the Mark 1 features an aesthetic which meshes with that of the pistol, over- and under-muzzle mounting rails, an internally-threaded silencer mount, and a trio of venting ports which exit upwards to offset muzzle flip. Three small slots on each side of the body allow for excess material drainage from the under-barrel hollow during fabrication. The Mark 1 slides onto the pistol's integrated under-muzzle accessory rail and locks in place using a 3D-printed stainless steel set screw, which fits into one of three threaded holes on the underside.

The Laser Sight

The NcSTAR ultra compact green laser sight features an integral quick-release Weaver-style mount.

The Silencer

Another proof-of-concept exercise, this time in fitting multiple 3D-printed components to each other, the Mark 1 silencer functions as both barrel extension and sound suppressor. Printed as a single part, the Mark 1 features a threaded shaft which screws into the end of the accessory mount (blocking the compensator vents in the process), and a series of internal baffles which significantly muffle the compressed air blast of the pistol.

The Scope

The Barska 2.5x20 Compact Contour telescopic rifle sight features 2.5x magnification with a 20mm objective lens.

Regards,
Action N

#2 User is offline   BHLSpeedy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:40 AM

Thats pretty dope i would love to buy one

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic