#16 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

View PostBone37, on 02 October 2011 - 01:34 PM, said:

Gotta say I love 3rnd burst!
As heavy gunner it helps to control the accuracy of your shots and you
still get the suppression fire you want.

A paintball marker doesn't have recoil compared to any firearm design. I can fire my TM7 on fully automatic for a hopper plus and it's still controlled accuracy (granted, it's wasteful, and I'd never do it... but I CAN do it if I really wanted to)

View Postslinkyaroo, on 03 October 2011 - 01:03 PM, said:

Even on low kick 5.56 they found auto to be ineffective for kills and a waste of ammo. Now try auto with a 7.62 and no bipod. The Falken War had Argentinians using the same rifle as the Brits but with auto. This war was a big break through for weapon reviews. The argentinian autos didn't prove to have an advantage.

Burst was actually developed for when people got ambushed to defend themselves and not use auto. It gave fire power, found to be more accurate and had overall better results than auto for assault rifles.

It never replaced semi it just replaced auto.

There are two problems with a 3 round burst I can see. One is paintball specific and one is not.

1. Paintball specific - a lot of the "burst" modes fire 3 paintballs per trigger pull. In the real world, if you let go of the trigger before 3, it stops firing. The burst mode becomes a potential hazard because you always have 3+ shots flying downrange.

2. Not paintball specific - It amounts to a training issue. The only difference between "burst" and "automatic" is that burst will stop before automatic does if someone just holds down the trigger. Train to release the trigger after 3-5 shots on fully automatic and the problem of muzzle rise is virtually gone anyway (or at least no worse than a "burst" mode).

On a related note, the US is going back to "automatic" over "burst" in the military. In a few years, they'll be retiring the existing rifles for ones with automatic trigger assemblies.
Member of Team Akkadian

#17 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

The MacDev Drone has three preset modes availablr on the trigger frame. Semi, 3 round, Full Auto.

All it takes to switch from one mode to the next in line is holding the selector button down on the back of the trigger frame for 1 second.

This option just make me giggle when I use it. I play semi almost all the time.
But while playing with a Drone I found myself flanking a very aggresive group of ten players who were leap froging in a nicely laid out line giving them really good ability to push....except I swung wide and got on thier six.
Removing two of them drew all the attention of the rest...they modified their movement with some good ledership and sarted to create a collapsing combat arch around my posistion.
Held the mode selection down for one second, the light turned from green to blue and I popped up and fired one trigger pull at every advancing or shotting player.
That one simple button push completely stalled their advance and made me priority #1 in thier eyes. I kept up the overwhelming assualt removing a couple more of them. But what it really did was free up my team mates from an attacking force, who took advantage of the sistuation and cut them all down.

Without three round burst I would not have had the ability to hold back so many players at once. I like to think of it as bluffing.

When it was over and our flag base succure once again I went back to semi and scampered off to hunt once more.

If you can find a gun that will allow you select fire in game it is great fun and usefull every great once in a while.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users