Special Ops Paintball: Tacticool 6 : Top Sniper Competitions - Special Ops Paintball

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tacticool 6 : Top Sniper Competitions Rate Topic: -----

#181 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:37 PM

View Postreef geek, on 15 August 2011 - 01:29 PM, said:

Thalion, using a sarcastic tone usually means that the person is mad or about to be.

Sarcasm does not equal anger...I actually rarely use sarcasm when angry...for me and my friends, sarcasm is just a form of humor...you are being to easily offended by peoples posts...and I'm aware vice versa is true in others people case as well...
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#182 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:18 PM

View PostThalion, on 15 August 2011 - 03:07 PM, said:

View Postreef geek, on 15 August 2011 - 12:29 PM, said:

Thalion, using a sarcastic tone usually means that the person is mad or about to be.

Not really. Some people just gravitate more towards sarcasm and satire.

Actually, I rarely gravitate away from sarcasm and satire... that irks my wife sometimes, but that's none of your business so stop asking.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#183 User is offline   FreeEnterprise 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

Come on guys... Clock is ticking...

Ger is the only response so far, he said 5 shots at 350 feet would be "sniper" quality shooting.

What say you? Exactly how many shots to hit a +/- 4 inch target at 350 feet would be considered "sniper" quality shot?...

#184 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

1 shot one kill....can't do it...to bad for you.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#185 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:15 PM

I don't think it can be done, no matter how many shots you take.

I'd say no more than 2 if I wanted to humor you. One to get a feel how the gun is shooting under those circumstances and one to make the hit. I'd call that really good shooting, but not a "sniper."
Member of Team Akkadian

#186 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

To clarify, I never said that shot would be "sniper" quality, just that it would get a :tup: from me... ;).

You hit it one in 5 it's a great shot in my opinion
On the first shot like Irish mentioned (lol @ Irish) that would be pretty incredible
Hit it w/ 5 consecutive shots that would be "sniper" quality

At the same time though, that kind of shot does me no good in an actual game - not where I play & the types of games played (unless it were an assassination mission, but even then I'd never encourage the shooter to take an important shot like that outside 100' unless they had to because time was running out). If anything, I find the "longball syndrome" so many players have (mostly new players) to be completely annoying. Generally I encourage those who are doing it (if they are of the new breed) to "come along w/ me" to a better position so we can have more of an impact on the objective.

This post has been edited by ger: 15 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#187 User is offline   FreeEnterprise 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

#188 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

And in case anyone wants to poke wholes in this guys vid...this is NOT the snipers challenge. He dosent have to hit the specified challenges target and distance. Although you did frigen good man!

#189 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

View PostWarpaint, on 14 August 2011 - 07:17 PM, said:

I'm not a sniper. Just a paintballer who is aware of the field.
That's right...because none of those things describe shooting individuals from a concealed position.

I will pick a bone here, So If your saying that all I need to do is shoot from a concealed location/position on the field. Any Whabam, I'm a paintball sniper.

That makes what? 90% of paintball players, snipers. So Were all snipers, Becuase I can garuntee at one point EVERYONE (maybe not the special kid in the corner yelling not mee not mee!) but a Vast majority have eliminated a person from a hidden spot. which in turn describes each and every one of us. snipers.
Becuase I dont sit in the open, I Eliminate my opponents from outside their view. most preferential way to do so with a pump in a woods setting
If that's so.

Please

Stop saying

"The select/Small/few/more practiced/Noun Of us, are snipers becuase of X"
Becuase its not a 10% population, its a 90% population.

I get more frustrated with "It takes alot of practice and time and effort to become a effective sniper"
No, it just takes some skill, and luck. I could take a player Who has NEVER played on a woods setting field before. NEVER. in years of playing,
Assume for a sake of argument this player is well versed in snap shooting, and in laning, and why not. communication and field awareness.

This brand newbie woods player who lived his life on a airball field. plays a few rounds, and decides. Hey Im going to tuck into here, wait on this path for 2 minutes. He snaps out eliminates 2 players moving down the path, See's another 5 players in the distance long balling back. Gets up, runs out. and Tells his team that he knows 5 players are moving down X path in Y direction.
Lets ambush them

He has
Eliminated a player from a concealed location
Recon information to his team
Used the terrain to his advantage and waited on a High traffic path.

By all above posts. For the first time ever playing in the woods.
He is a sniper

ALSO:
FE awesome video by the way.
That pretty much describes my play style. which makes me doubly confused.

I have no idea what to call myself.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 15 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

#190 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

Its not so much of doing "those" specific trates that make up a sniper, its the simple fact that snipers specialize in those areas. Take real world situation for example. Two guys with identical rifles. One is a sniper and one is a rifleman...what determines the two apart? Its all about who specializes in what. Both the guns shoot the same distance, but because one guy dose specific trates, that makes him who he is.

Yah I'm sure all of us have don that awesome shot or found "the spot" or have "been the bush" once or twice, but that dosent make you much of anything..other than pretty lucky. Now nothing is wrong with that, but it dosent really classify you as anything. Now if you go out of your way to practice and act upon specific trates, then that makes you what you are.

#191 User is offline   Justus 

• Migratory Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

View PostEskimo, on 15 August 2011 - 10:03 PM, said:

He has
Eliminated a player from a concealed location
Recon information to his team
Used the terrain to his advantage and waited on a High traffic path.

By all above posts. For the first time ever playing in the woods.
He is a sniper

If I was one of the guys he shot out, and I didn't see him before he shot me or immediately afterward, then I'd be walking back to the deadbox thinking that I just got sniped.

(You did say that he "popped up" though. If he revealed himself - purposefully blew his cover - before or immediately after shooting the first two guys, then that's not exactly the "sniper" role.)

And yeah, anyone can be a sniper. It's not special, it's just the best description for a certain playstyle. Personally, I don't have the patience for it and rarely ever play that way. But it's nice to have someone on your team playing that role if he's taking the "scout/recon" part very seriously.

#192 User is offline   Justus 

• Migratory Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:25 PM

View PostLt.Col.Vortex, on 15 August 2011 - 10:20 PM, said:

Its not so much of doing "those" specific trates that make up a sniper, its the simple fact that snipers specialize in those areas.

Wait, what do you mean by "specialize"? I think you're about to snipe yourself in the foot going down that path...

#193 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

I htink I can safely say that a tourney player specializes in snap shots, low fast crawling, bunker overtakes....ect. THats what kinda makes him who he is. Same ordeal with a sniper. What do problem do you see in that? I thought it was pretty sound.

#194 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

View PostJustus, on 15 August 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

(You did say that he "popped up" though. If he revealed himself - purposefully blew his cover - before or immediately after shooting the first two guys, then that's not exactly the "sniper" role.)

more along the lines of, Leans out. takes a few shots. they walk.
Im pretty sure Staring down a path with your eye fixated on your sights is the guaranteed way to get tunnel vision. you dont want to be doing that.

also: Specializing,
Right, so Lets say we have a dude whos The BEST human at being sneaky, THE BEST. EVER. like a invisible Ninja eskimo Vietnamese Tunnel Rat in a Mineshaft below a mountain with the one ring to rule them all. in the dark. with dead Silence perk activated. (or what ever its called. )

And we have dude two who is the best paintball shot EVER. like Tom Cruises Missles in Top gun guided like Pikachues Swift Attack.

If the Super sneakiest Guy in the world wore a Hawaii shirt and the Tom cruise sniper bro walked on the field with a Engle costumes MG-42 with a Paintball Caddy on top.

Should Sneaky man be called a sniper? He doesnt look the part. nor does he have good aim (only average) but the only time players, refs, or satellites see him is in the staging area.

And Super accurate man with a 1000 paintball hopper and a monster heavy marker who eliminated 1000 players with 1000 paintballs.
But yet never once took cover, hid. or snuck around.

these guys would not be called snipers, BUT they have the skills, and the specialization if they wanted to.

I still think the whole idea of a "Sniper who specializes in a certain skill/skills set(s) is part of a smaller group of people who practice it" is bologna (excuse my meat)as its just, another skill in a paintball players arsenal which they SHOULD be teaching and using during different points on the field.

Is it

If you have the skill set, Your a sniper
OR
If you Use the skill set, Your a paintball sniper

Which in eaither case, means that ALOT of paintballers can be considered snipers.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 15 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

#195 User is offline   Justus 

• Migratory Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

[Edit: (replying to Vortex)]

Well now you're just describing the different tactics used by tourney players vs. woodsball players. When you say "specialize", though, people automatically think you're talking about differences between what you call a sniper and the rest of the "ordinary" woodsball players. That's where a lot of the argument hinges.

When a woodsballer hits the speedball field, he starts using speedball tactics because they work better. When a speedball player hits the woods, he starts using woodsball tactics because they work better. When you start differentiating between players on the same field by saying some "specialize" as this or that, you've got to be implying something beyond normal tactics. Otherwise, your definition of "sniper" includes everyone who predominantly plays woodsball.

My point is that there's nothing special about it. It exists, but just as a different subset of a woodsball playstyle.

This post has been edited by Justus: 15 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

Share this topic:

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users