• You cannot reply to this topic

No Love for Leftys. Left handed shooters are not loved Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

Im a weird mix of "handedness"...primarily ambidextrous, but some basic activities Im one or the other ( I write with my right, but use scissors in the left). I shoot a bow right handed but a rifle lefty...
In paintball, I have trained myself to shoot with either hand just fine...except with pump. I cannot shoot a pump right handed to save my life - it just doesn't work for me. Gotta go lefty...

#17 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

I'm saying that, I got a 3 point sling and I like it. With the basic ACR folding stock, it messes me up. If the stock folded to the left, I could use a 3 point sling on it. Since they don't have any out on the market yet, their is no love for left handed shooters.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#18 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

Aha! I didn't even think of the sling, wow that really messes it all up then. Like I said before though the warsensor folding stock folds to the left. So there is stuff out there, just not a lot of it.

But now that you bring up the sling I have to say: You might want to re-consider the whole three point sling option. I have one myself and I love the idea of it, I even really like to use it from time to time. They're really great in terms of versatility and carry options, you know over the shoulder "hasty carry" just like a normal two point sling, or "climber's carry" that holds it VERY securly on your back if you need both hands maybe if you're climbing a tree or something in game (kudos if you are!), "offside drop" if you want to rapidly transition to a sidearm without having to put away the primary first, that other (possibly the most useful) carry option that basically holds up the barrel at the ready for you if you have to one hand a heavy gun, this AWESOME for reloading. Those three point slings REALLY hold on to that thing for you when you don't want to, or need to do something else in a hurry.

But the whole point of a folding stock is enhanced manuverability. And the three point sling, frankly, hampers manuverability. I've played a lot of games with the three point and my folding stock, but it becomes really cumbersome when you fold that stock over and try to whip that gun around different directions with all those different straps trying to hold on to the gun in a very particular orientation. You can make it work, but it's going to take some extra effort... meaning it's not going to work that well.

If you really want to take full advantage of the manuverability that folding stock offers the best way to go, hands down, is the single point sling. Sure it's a little anoying when you're walking around between games and the marker is just swinging around wherever it wants to because it's just a single point sling. But there is no better sling type for manuvering that marker around in game especially with a folding stock, and hey, in game is what it's all about anyway.

So if you want manuverability single point sling and folding stock. If it's more important to you to hold the marker securely than manuver rapidly, then go with the three point and it doesn't really matter if you can fold the stock or not because manuverability's not really what you're going for anyway...

But I encourage you to experiment anyway. Certainly beats the hell out of taking some guy's word for it, unless you've got to blow a bunch of money to experiment but hey you've already got the 3 point anyway.

But again, like I said, the warsensor folding stock folds to the left it's made for the A-5 but can be modded easily to fit the X-7 Paintman161 can tell you how he did it. And its the best stock I've seen for using sights of any kind pending another simple modification. The only problem is finding one.
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

I prefer not using a sling for paintball. I'm there to shoot people, right? It's not like in the real world where you can go hours or even days without needing to shoot it.

If you do sling for paintball, I highly recommend a single point over others for the versatility you gain. It's possible to shoot right/left handed, for example. 3-points are unnecessarily complicated in my opinion, even for the real world (my firearms have 2-point slings usually)
Member of Team Akkadian

#20 User is offline   Pyrate Jim 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:52 AM

I have a JCS Voodoo folding stock on a phantom.
It mounts bottomline and can be reversed to swing either way.

All the first year Angels were left-handed because John Rice (the inventor) was a southpaw.

Sheridan K-2 bolt actions were on the right, so you could keep your left hand on the trigger.
CT co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6

#21 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

View PostShipwreck!, on 07 August 2011 - 11:06 PM, said:

Aha! I didn't even think of the sling, wow that really messes it all up then. Like I said before though the warsensor folding stock folds to the left. So there is stuff out there, just not a lot of it.

But now that you bring up the sling I have to say: You might want to re-consider the whole three point sling option. I have one myself and I love the idea of it, I even really like to use it from time to time. They're really great in terms of versatility and carry options, you know over the shoulder "hasty carry" just like a normal two point sling, or "climber's carry" that holds it VERY securly on your back if you need both hands maybe if you're climbing a tree or something in game (kudos if you are!), "offside drop" if you want to rapidly transition to a sidearm without having to put away the primary first, that other (possibly the most useful) carry option that basically holds up the barrel at the ready for you if you have to one hand a heavy gun, this AWESOME for reloading. Those three point slings REALLY hold on to that thing for you when you don't want to, or need to do something else in a hurry.

But the whole point of a folding stock is enhanced manuverability. And the three point sling, frankly, hampers manuverability. I've played a lot of games with the three point and my folding stock, but it becomes really cumbersome when you fold that stock over and try to whip that gun around different directions with all those different straps trying to hold on to the gun in a very particular orientation. You can make it work, but it's going to take some extra effort... meaning it's not going to work that well.

If you really want to take full advantage of the manuverability that folding stock offers the best way to go, hands down, is the single point sling. Sure it's a little anoying when you're walking around between games and the marker is just swinging around wherever it wants to because it's just a single point sling. But there is no better sling type for manuvering that marker around in game especially with a folding stock, and hey, in game is what it's all about anyway.

So if you want manuverability single point sling and folding stock. If it's more important to you to hold the marker securely than manuver rapidly, then go with the three point and it doesn't really matter if you can fold the stock or not because manuverability's not really what you're going for anyway...

But I encourage you to experiment anyway. Certainly beats the hell out of taking some guy's word for it, unless you've got to blow a bunch of money to experiment but hey you've already got the 3 point anyway.

But again, like I said, the warsensor folding stock folds to the left it's made for the A-5 but can be modded easily to fit the X-7 Paintman161 can tell you how he did it. And its the best stock I've seen for using sights of any kind pending another simple modification. The only problem is finding one.

I've used my 3 point since my first game. I've been so use to it that it's that peice of mind bit. It also in my opinion helps to take some stress off of the rear sling mount. I shoot lefty and my marker and sidearm are on my left. So a 3 point will not hamper anything for me in terms of transition from primary to secondary. Plus with the stock folded it makes it easier to use my M203.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#22 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

View PostBIGBOSS_202, on 08 August 2011 - 02:26 PM, said:

I've used my 3 point since my first game. I've been so use to it that it's that peice of mind bit. It also in my opinion helps to take some stress off of the rear sling mount. I shoot lefty and my marker and sidearm are on my left. So a 3 point will not hamper anything for me in terms of transition from primary to secondary. Plus with the stock folded it makes it easier to use my M203.

I understand, once you get used to something it's hard to transition to a new setup. I was the same way, the first firearm-like-anythings that I ever had a chance to use on a regular basis were actual firearms Mossberg 500, M14 and M9. So when I first got my A-5 I was only used to operating larger "two handed" things with stocks, and it felt really weird weilding the A-5 without one. So first thing I got was a stock for it, but I knew manuverability would be an issue so I made sure to get the M4 style collapseable stock so at least I'd have that ability to collapse it. Anyway it felt great with the stock extended, but I wasn't used to using collapseable stocks either, so when I collapsed it for close quarters it felt REALLY weird having such a short stock on there and that ended up taking a lot of getting used to as well. Anyway eventually after playing a few games at abandoned buildings I realized that the A-5 even WITH the stock fully collapsed was still too long to be easy to manuver at those close quarters anyway, that's when I finally realized that if I really wanted manuverability it was going to have to be a folding stock. So I simply admited that I was just going to have to get used to operating the A-5 without shouldering it. I got a folding stock and using the A-5 with that stock folded took even more getting used to that with the CAR stock collapsed but I kept playing with it even though it felt weird eventually got used to it and finally had the manuverability I needed for those abandoned buildings. And now I can't tell you how many times the folding stock has practically won games for me, just because it was so easy to get around corners and doorways. And it's hilarious watching people with standard rear air guns or custom guns with remote lines and car stocks trying to manuver through those spaces, they've always got to be pointing their gun straight up in the air or straight down at the ground just to fit through the doorways, it's clearly awkward for them; meanwhile I'm making the same transitions through doorways and around tight corners in narrow passageways WITH my barrel up, sighted in, gun blazing!

Point being just because something feels more comfortable or you're used to it doesn't mean it's the best thing for what you're trying to do. Sometimes if you want to enhance performance you just gotta grit your teeth and get used to something that normally would feel really weird or uncomfortable (at least that's what I'm trying to convince her, OH! ...disregard), in the end it will pay off when you're running circles around the competition.

But to adress your post directly. Of course the 3 point sling doesn't hamper your ability to transition to sidearm, that's the whole point of the "offside drop" carry I explained earlier to make it easier and faster to transition. What I'm saying is that the 3 point sling significantly hampers the manuverability of the primary marker. You would have massively better manuverability with the single point sling (that's what those are for) especially with the folding stock, and that is what folding stocks are for afterall, manuverability. So it kinda defeats the purpose of the stock designed for manuverability to use it with a sling that reduces manuverability. Anyway I understand if you have different reasons for using the folding stock, which seems to be the case, but I still think you should grow as a player by trying to get used to new things so that you can judge for yourself which is the better, based on first hand experience. Like I said: Experiment sir, EXPERIMENT!

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 08 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users