• You cannot reply to this topic

Improvised mask could this be used in PB? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

Ok so since I could not play paintball that much due to school, I had to adapt to airsoft since the training we had back at the academy was using airsoft gear. Even though I modified my gear to fit it for airsoft games I could use it in paintball also. Now during the exercises we did, we were only required to wear glasses or googles but not masks, still I wanted a bit more protection so I bought this The materials it is made of are not so different from PB masks and looks pretty cool also. I was thinking about possibly using this for paintball also since I have returned for more :) What i would do is use this mask with a pair of googles and to protect my ears I would use my Comtac II headset and helmet that I used while airsofting. Believe it or not it actually fits comfortably on my face and its not so different from the feeling of a PB mask but I have no idea if this would be allowed. I am just curious since I want to keep using my gear without having to go back and forth between new stuff and old stuff I own. To have an idea of how it looks like just look at the pictured in the mask page that I posted previously and change the sunglasses for goggles.

What do yall think?

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#2 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:30 PM

Looks amazing, but I doubt any respectable field owner would trust it and a set of just eye goggles enough to allow you to use them on their fields.

It'd be just too much of a liability by the sounds of it.

This post has been edited by Private Silver: 17 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#3 User is offline   XziviT 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:53 PM

View PostPrivate Silver, on 17 July 2011 - 09:30 PM, said:

Looks amazing, but I doubt any respectable field owner would trust it and a set of just eye goggles enough to allow you to use them on their fields.

It'd be just too much of a liability by the sounds of it.

Yea I figured.. is a shame I cant use such a nice piece of gear for everything :(

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#4 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:06 PM

Zip tie it to an actual paintball mask.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#5 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:15 PM

That could work, but the only place that has holes for it would be the nose. Possibly the strap area if it's removable as well.....

That very well could work.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

Check out Psycho Scenario (http://www.psychoscenario.com/). They make molded rubber "faces" that are easily attached to paintball masks. A guy runs with the predator mask at my field, with little vision impairment. And it's durable too.

End result, no you won't be able to use your face mask as a stand alone with airsoft goggles. You need a proper paintball goggles (most fields have "paintball mask/goggles" specifically stated in their insurance) but you can attach stuff like your skull half to the goggs

This post has been edited by Eagle Eye: 18 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#7 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:47 PM

There's a pretty lengthy discussion happening on a related mask option over on mcb: LINK.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#8 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

Use that, and a pair of JT frames with a proper lense in it. Then you have proper eye protection. its up to the field owner whether or not they will allow it.

As for ear protection, you can attach soft ears to these frames.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#9 User is offline   XziviT 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

View PostEagle Eye, on 18 July 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

Check out Psycho Scenario (http://www.psychoscenario.com/). They make molded rubber "faces" that are easily attached to paintball masks. A guy runs with the predator mask at my field, with little vision impairment. And it's durable too.

End result, no you won't be able to use your face mask as a stand alone with airsoft goggles. You need a proper paintball goggles (most fields have "paintball mask/goggles" specifically stated in their insurance) but you can attach stuff like your skull half to the goggs

Wow this is cool I want :D

-X
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   XziviT 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

Oh btw, Im looking at their website and i wonder if these will fit on my Empire E-vents? I have the old E-vents. o.O
I like these monster like faces :)

-X
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:30 AM

They might work with i3's as well... I'm tempted now to try it.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   XziviT 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

View PostPrivate Silver, on 19 July 2011 - 09:30 AM, said:

They might work with i3's as well... I'm tempted now to try it.

There is a thread here somewhere in which somebody made a homemade mask cover like those from haloween masks and velcro from office depot, since its just latex i guess its better to make your own for less than $10.

-X
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

Unless the mask is specifically designed for paintball, I would advise against improvising any safety gear for any purpose other than for what it was intended. Compromising one's safety for the sake of saving a few dollars or aesthetics is rarely worth the effort or the risk of injury.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users