Divided States at Sherwood Forest June 4th & 5th, LaPorte IN
Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:34 AM
I pre-registered to get the best pricing. Looks like it's gonna be a good time.
Here's a link.
Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:10 PM
Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:17 PM
Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:34 AM
- The field is pretty darn cool. Great bunkers unlike anywhere I've played at.
- Also nice to have actual indoor bathrooms.
List of "Firsts":
- First time I ever won something during the end of even giveaway. YES!!
- First time I ever almost got a card punch from a ref (in 10 years!)(story below)
I just installed a Virtue board and was playing with it this weekend. Unfortunately, there was a 12bps cap. I intially complied with the cap, but after hearing markers on both teams obviously exceeding that cap, I sort of treated it like a "recommmendation" and tried out my "ramp percentage" mode. Needless to say, that mode rocks! Well, it rocked a little too much for the other team apparently and the ref came and checked me. He was cool, and didn't punch my card. We talked for a couple minutes and he even took a couple pictures of me shooting with my camera. I don't usually violate any rules, so this was kind've a first. Didn't actually get my card punched...so I guess I've still gone 9-10 years without a card punch...dang.
- hard to do that kind of scenario game when only 40 people show up. 400 would have made things much more interesting.
- It was hot as a ***** Saturday!! I can't believe nobody required first aid for heat exhaustion.
- Too much of a chance of friendly fire when people have the "option" of wearing armbands. I'm sorry, but my eyesight ain't so good...expecially behind glasses and a thermal lens...I can't read your jersey team name at 200 yards.
- electronic guns "timing out" sucks. It's a nice battery saving feature, but it cost me big time during Day1 (story below).
So I work my way all the way to near the Red base...alone. I watch a red player go into a building and then 2 refs run by me (didn't see me). Then a couple red players run by me (they don't see me either). Just as I was starting to raise my gun up to take them out from behind, two red players carrying a create walk by me (still don't see me). So now I'm stoked! I'm gonna take out both those guys and ruin their mission...single handedly. So I raise up the marker and sqeeze off a couple rounds...nothing. WTF!! Next thing I know...I hear the tree I'm standing behind take a bunch of fire from about 5-6 feet and I know I'm a goner..so I call myself out. It appears, while waiting and observing the red team's activities, my marker timed out and turned off. Had it not timed out, I'd have had a real nice 2-4 kills and potentially a scrapped mission to my list of accomplishments.
Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:59 AM
Dang! That sux!
Not sure what the final count was. When we started on day 1 it was about 40. There were probably 5-10 walk-ons that filtered in, probably another 5-10 guys showing up late. Then on day 2 we might have got another 10 walk-ons (best case). So at MOST, I'd say we had 70 at one time. The Blue team was outnumbered badly in the beginning, not so bad by the end...but still outnumbered.
I personally think that's where the Red team failed. They needed to use their number advantage better by flanking and keeping the pressure on us. But I think with so many missions going on, and so few players, it didn't leave a lot of time for actual "military movements". Just my opinion.