• You cannot reply to this topic

spec op long bow ion ? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   lil_jess 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ambush ghillie

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:40 AM

Hello, everyone...I'm a noob to this black cell product thing...Btw just a few question that has been bothering me...I saw a youtube clip of this gun with the 2 barrel and come to homework out that its a black cell spec ops body kit for a ion and etc...Will, here's the ?...I saw someone selling a Ion gun with spec ops body kit long bow...Now he say that the Ion gun is a old version...So I would like to know if it'll works on a Ion Xe...Let me know...lil_jess

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:59 AM

First, welcome to the forums.

Second, sadly you have to search around to find the parts to create a longbow.
The body will work with the XE (I believe)just put the new body on, the "top" barrel is a 21 spring feed which screws into your Feed neck threads.
the barrel is 18" to sit flush with the spring feed.

you dont "NEED" the longbow stock, one way around it is to also find a "T2W" stock, or a Tourney to Woods stock which Replaces the ASA ( air source adapter. found at the bottom of the grip, where you screw your tank into) then run a remote line.

To create the long bow you may have to search around the B/S/T of different forums, or search Ebay, kajiji, or what ever you use.

#3 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

There is some information on the Longbow here:

Spec Ops Longbow

These are no longer current but there were a few options:

Original AGD Longbow (As in the article linked above)
This was a shroud and fittings designed to fit the 'AGD Tac one'.
A change to the Tac One marker meant that the fittings for the stock were no longer compatible, and a limited number of old style Tac ones were reproduced to enable customer to use the Longbow kit.
Posted Image

Next was the Ion Longbow
This was a replacement body and fittings for the Smart Parts Ion.
When the Ion XE came out there was some discussion on whether the Blockcell body would fit. I beleive it would fit, but there may have been the need to sand down part of the inside of the body for slight differences in the Ion and Ion XE.
Posted Image

Both the AGD and Ion Longbows have a rail mounted receiver that sits on top of the tactical rail (either directly to the AGD or to the Ions Blackcell body)
The Longbow magazine clicks into the receiver.
On the Ion a tiny feedneck is supplied to fill the gap between the receiver and the markers feed.
If you look closely at the pictres you can see that the Ion version has an additional lpastic shaped body to sit behind the receiver, the AGD version just stops at the receiver, but is covered by the shroud.

Also there was a Tiberius Longbow kit which has a different reciver mount that attaches to the side if the Tiberius T9

In addition to the Longbows which is a 21 round tube magazine there are QBow options which is an adaptor to use the same Longbow receiver and feed from a QLoader. This gives 100 shot QPods under the marker, and has the advantage over a QLoader on a standard feedneck which would require a feed tube to go up, curve and then down into the feed.

e.g. Ion Qbow
Posted Image

Before the Blackcell kit was available for thd Ion I bought a Deadlywind tactical railed body for my Ion.
I then later bought the Qbow fittings and modified the body slightly to align correctly
Changing from this Deadlywind and QLoader:
Posted Image
To this Deadlywind / Qbow:
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

The basic answer is yes. The Long Bow kit will work with an Ion XE, but you will lose the bolt out the back ability due to the design of the Long Bow body.

#5 User is offline   lil_jess 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ambush ghillie

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

thanks to all that reply...I pick up a long bow spec ops ion yesterday from someone local...After I read that its discontinued...I gotta have it...So now I finally own one...yay...Got it for a decent deal...The guy spent more on all the parts to turn his old ion into a long bow but couldn't get his semi to works and been playing burst and full auto...I lol, and pick it up...Take it home... took it apart and lubed everything down that need too...After that check the program and etc...Now got it to work....so happy...yay...but now it got a scope and I just can't get it to set right...I want a bulleyes...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users