Special Ops Paintball: Special Ops MP mag housing PPs Direct Stab? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Special Ops MP mag housing PPs Direct Stab? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:chl2onic

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:23 AM

Hey SO.. I have had my a-5 for years now, and I have a SO Mp mag kit on it.. I can remember way back in the day when I was just a noob drooling over the internet ads, I saw a SO mag lust like mine sold housing a PPs Direct Stab.. I have an inline stab now, and I couldnt make it fit into my mag. I was looking at PPS direct stabs, and it looks like thats the one I need to house it in my mag.. I can't order the Direct Stab on a hunch, so I need to know if it will fit. Plus I would have to sell my inline stab to get the Direct one.

Any one with info please let me know.. Otherwise I'll keep my bottom line mounted inline stab.

THANKS

Ryan

#2 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:27 AM

Dang I wish I could help. I'm an A5 lover, but never got into what you are talking about.

Hey, post pics of pics if you can, would love to see her.

#3 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:37 AM

Posted Image

Here's how it is currently.

Posted Image

Here's what I'd like to do.. Get the Stab in the mag.. the mag seems to have slots, and a hole in the bottom for velocity adjustment. But with macro fittings, the inline stab will not work..

I was using the mag as a screw driver holder for my e-grip, and I had the inline stab on the grip so I could take the dog leg off for CQB. I have seen the stab I have mounted on the dogleg I have, and I would go that route, but again even with the air through DL, if I have the stab in the mag, I can take the DL off, and just change some macro lines around.. With the stab in the stock I am stuck using it that way.

#4 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

The direct stab is taller than the inline, with the inlet on the side.. Looks like it would work.. Then it's be a straight shot to the tombstone. the reason I ask is, I would offer my line new inline stab, woth the gauge, and ring mount for a direct stab of the high psi internals.

#5 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:47 AM

I would have to say "yes" to what you want to do. It sounds like some line length and fittings. A paint to figure out, but possible.

Your lengths look fine, but Like you said, hoses are the issue.

I would put the stab directly into the tome stone.

#6 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:13 AM

It won't fit up there, the angle in the mag is too heavy in the beginning, My only issue is that I'm going to have to sell my stab, and order a used, or a new direct stab just to see if it works.. If the direct stab doesnt fit, then I'm screwed.

#7 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

This is a throwback discussion. :D

Yes, way back when SO made their MP5 mag to accommodate a Palmers direct stab. The story goes that at some point Palmers changed the design of the direct & it no longer fit perfectly in the mag as SO had designed it around the stab. I've seen someone fit one since then, but it required some substantial Dremel work to the inside of the mag & a phone call to Palmers for them to replace a fitting or two on the direct (hopefully you can talk to someone who remembers).

You may want to try to search around if you haven't already, that member did a write up on the mod if I remember correctly.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#8 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:40 AM

I just did an extensive search.. I think I'll ask pps about it, and see if I can turn anything up there. If any one has any info please let me know.

#9 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

Yeah, I did a search here as well & turned up nothing. I know that guy's post is here somewhere just gotta find the right words for the search. If you haven't already, check out a5og, they may have the info I'm thinking of there as well. I did a search there too hoping to find his build thread but same results, maybe you'll have better luck. If you find anything post back to help anyone else who might be looking for it.
ger

#10 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, I remember the thread. The older direct stabs had a shorter cap that was squarer on the edge.

The void in the mag needed to be extended to fit the new top and the male union pulled and replaced with a macro fitting.

The search might not work with all the work that's been done to the forum. The database might be a bit jumbled and corrupted.

#11 User is offline   Josh_W 

• AKA: Bulldog
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bulldog

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

Here is the Direct you want:

Posted Image

I never liked the size and curve of the SO mag, so I just used the mag tombstone with a Male Stabby:

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

ah man, that tombstone block is going to hold me back.. plus the new direct stabs are different.. oh well. It was worth asking. I loke the look of the angled male on that though.. You know I bought the mag to house the stab, and threw it on even though it wouldnt work.. I have learned to like it because it is really long, and I like to go prone a lot.. That mag makes a great uni-pod for getting the marker up, and allowing me to aim it and pivot it, lol, so I've kept in on there.

The tombstone block mine came with is just a 1/8th npt out of the bottom.

This post has been edited by chl2onic: 24 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

#13 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:15 PM

Interesting, my mag's block is threaded for an 1/8th npt as well. I don't know how Bulldog got a hold of one w/ asa threading, that's the first one of those I've ever seen - maybe custom milled & tapped.
ger

#14 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

1/8" NPT is not a problem though. Macro fittings are the same size and pitch threads....1/8th NPT.

As for the rest.

The Palmer Stabs are easy to convert over to macroline. simply remove the 1/8NPT adapter on the top of the Direct reg and replace with a straight macroline fitting.
Samething with the air input, remove the 90║ elbow and replace with your choice of straight or 90║ macroline fitting.
The Sideline and Inline Stabilizers are the same thing...they simply have different air fittings in place.

The changes to the Direct Stabilizer cap should not amount to very much dremel work inside the mag body. And being plastic that work should very easy and quick to perform.

So what I see is an easy mod that will get you exactly what you want.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users