• You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann buys out NXe Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:22 AM

View PostThumper113, on 07 January 2011 - 02:32 AM, said:

Looks like MO is going to have a run for his money.. they got their own Softgoods dept now..

Not really. I've already expressed my thoughts in this thread regarding failing Tippmann quality and how they could well drag NXe down to that level in the name of selling more cheap items instead of less but better made ones.

I'll take SO over the Tippmann-run NXe, thanks. And that's not a fanboy - I've used other people's soft goods too (still have a Flurry pod pack that comes out when I don't need/want the full vest). That's just my opinion on quality.
Member of Team Akkadian

#17 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:54 AM

Funny things is that I'm thinking like Thalion. It may be good for SO now that Tippmann owns NXe. If the quality of NXe goes down SO may pick up more customers ... both retail and wholesale.

#18 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

View PostThalion, on 21 December 2010 - 09:20 PM, said:

Watch the NXe quality go down the sewer.

Ugh...Just because ownership changes doesn't mean the way something functions will change.

Frequently, Buyouts are just to aquire patent rights or profits. You're basically paying someone to walk away and never make money from their company again.

-Tenacious

#19 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

View PostTenacious221, on 07 January 2011 - 12:17 PM, said:

Ugh...Just because ownership changes doesn't mean the way something functions will change.

Frequently, Buyouts are just to aquire patent rights or profits. You're basically paying someone to walk away and never make money from their company again.

And if that's the case, then I wish NXe well.

We'll see what Tippmann does with it. My thinking is that Tippmann's mindset of selling cheaply made, cheaply priced gear in massive amounts will result in a dip in NXe quality when Tippmann expects them to meet sales quotas.

It's all speculation, I've seen some brands do well after buyouts, and others died off. Could go either way, we'll just have to see.
Member of Team Akkadian

#20 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:20 AM

Also... consider the facts. Most pros in mainstream paintball that also play scenario and woodsball for recreation of season... go with quality they get from... drum roll... Special Ops Paintball. Most of the AGGers and people who play good WILL save up for the best of the best... which has been special ops for 5 years now. If anything, people wont buy NXe/Tippmann products because of crap quality and instead will go with Special Ops. I see the situation ending with a good lesson for Tippman...

DONT-SCREW-WITH-SO
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#21 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:56 AM

View Postedtoro, on 09 January 2011 - 08:20 AM, said:

Also... consider the facts. Most pros in mainstream paintball that also play scenario and woodsball for recreation of season... go with quality they get from... drum roll... Special Ops Paintball. Most of the AGGers and people who play good WILL save up for the best of the best... which has been special ops for 5 years now. If anything, people wont buy NXe/Tippmann products because of crap quality and instead will go with Special Ops. I see the situation ending with a good lesson for Tippman...

DONT-SCREW-WITH-SO

Facts to support your argument?

NXe had some of the best quality stuff hands down, which was a huge selling point for their products.
Coming soon.

#22 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:55 AM

View Postdeltapaintball, on 09 January 2011 - 10:56 AM, said:

Facts to support your argument?

NXe had some of the best quality stuff hands down, which was a huge selling point for their products.

No doubt. Even their low-level stuff was pretty good quality. My first pack when I started playing was a $20 NXe 4+1. 6 years later that thing is still good to use. I've bought two other packs, both were made by NXe.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#23 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:54 PM

Well, nXe never implied they "invented" woodsball now did they?

I've owned SpecOps gear for years [still do] and quite frankly, a lot of their stuff is simply overpriced. I have found as-good or better for less. Like Nike, sometimes you are just paying for a name...or hype.

So no one here can say that SpecOps is "the best" because the term "best" is subjective/relative to the user.

If a person only ever used:

Spyder harnesses;
PCS; or
SpecOps vests...

then yes...SpecOps wins hands down.

However, I can get a TacTen or similarly designed vest for about half of what SpecOps sells the same/similar vest for.
.......AND it's 100% adjustable MOLLE, unlike non-adjustable/sewn-on pouches or the older and limited adjustably SpecOps-indigenous-velcro attachment systems....

Hell, I have a BlackHawk vest that cost less than a comparable [older version] SpecOps vest.

Now to differentiate/be fair this whole thing, I can't comment on MOATI gear because I've never owned or used any of it.

..........so let's not get in a pissing match about who makes "better ____________." It's all relative and subjective.

This post has been edited by druid: 11 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#24 User is offline   Wulfe 

• Sneaky spectre
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wulfe

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:59 AM

It's amusing how people think this will necessarily mean a drop in quality while toting Spec Ops as being a flagship of quality. Are people forgetting Tippmann and Spec Ops have a long ongoing partnership? That hasn't hurt either company, and as far as I'm concerned, Tippmann hasn't made anything that's been really bad quality. I doubt they're going to tool around too much with NXe's products, since they probably bought the company for what it made, not in spite of it.

As for people's concerns about where stuff is manufactured, I'm pretty sure Tippmann deals entirely with US parts and products.

Let's just see what happens before we pass judgment, shall we?
Only the enemy in front, every other beggar behind.

#25 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

If by long and ongoing, you mean they did the Fusions for a year, then yes >.>

And you have to admit that Tippmann's quality has gone down since they were bought by whichever congolmerate (K2?)

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#26 User is offline   Wulfe 

• Sneaky spectre
  • PipPip

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

Not so much the Fusions, but a lot of the marker stuff as well. From what I understand, a lot of Spec Ops marker mods were designed in collaboration with Tippmann.

As for the quality going down, depends how you look at it. If we're looking at 98s and before, a lot of the markers were pretty much the same sort of design, and lately, we're seeing a lot of different things. Some of course are more successful than others. I for one would have loved to see the C3 have progressed into another marker (preferably one that didn't crisp people's hands on occasion), for example. I thought the A-5 was a fantastic progression from the 98, and the cyclone was quite a clever loader design. I'm hardly a fan boy by any stretch, but it's nice to see Tippmann trying different things and moving into different goods.

#27 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:52 AM

People should remember that for the price of a tippmann you get what you pay for. I never had an issue with my A-5 or 98 and I doubt the X7 was terrible. These aren't 1000$ markers guys.

#28 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:22 AM

View PostWulfe, on 16 January 2011 - 09:44 PM, said:

Not so much the Fusions, but a lot of the marker stuff as well. From what I understand, a lot of Spec Ops marker mods were designed in collaboration with Tippmann.

As for the quality going down, depends how you look at it. If we're looking at 98s and before, a lot of the markers were pretty much the same sort of design, and lately, we're seeing a lot of different things. Some of course are more successful than others. I for one would have loved to see the C3 have progressed into another marker (preferably one that didn't crisp people's hands on occasion), for example. I thought the A-5 was a fantastic progression from the 98, and the cyclone was quite a clever loader design. I'm hardly a fan boy by any stretch, but it's nice to see Tippmann trying different things and moving into different goods.

By in collaboration, do you mean they actually helped design or did they just give Spec Ops the specs on the end cap sizing, etc.? :P

Funny how there is so much of that stuff around labeled Tippmann now.

#29 User is offline   Wulfe 

• Sneaky spectre
  • PipPip

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

View Postcdrinkh20, on 17 January 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

View PostWulfe, on 16 January 2011 - 09:44 PM, said:

By in collaboration, do you mean they actually helped design or did they just give Spec Ops the specs on the end cap sizing, etc.? :P

Funny how there is so much of that stuff around labeled Tippmann now.

I don't really know for sure, but I'm pretty sure the X-7 was largely a cooperative venture with Tippmann and Spec Ops. http://www.tippmann....ails.aspx?id=25 < This article pretty much backs what I've been saying. Between promotions and developing goods, they've been working together since 2006.

#30 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

Who says they still are? Remember, that article is from 4 years ago, which in the business world (and paintball) is an enternity.
Coming soon.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users