• You cannot reply to this topic

Classic Stock Class Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

Use the link to Northwest Pump Plyers in post #8...that will give the retail costs involved. I will speak with you in PMs about Phantom orders through me.

#17 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:35 PM

You may want to try open class before SC if you haven't played pump or limited paint. Just a suggestion. I own a Garg (review in the review section) and love it. It is a pretty penny though.

You could also look into brass markers. They are hefty, but for some reason oh so satisfying. I own a PMI-1 and consider it an excellent marker. I also have a PGP lying around somewhere lol.

There is also the new Empire Tracer with a stock class feed. That may be your best option just because it allows you to try out SC at one of the lowest prices (besides PGP's, PMI's and a few others).

#18 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:14 PM

Stock Class was my first exposure to pump play. It can be done, you do have to be a bit more dedicated to success though.

i know many agglets out there claim to be killing machines right away when they grab a pump gun...not me! It took my seven months of playing nothing but SC pump ball for it to finally click and I had a good day.
But...when it clicked, I turned into a monster snd destroied the field that day. So when you have a great day with Stock Class...you have one of the best days of paintball in your life, and it is a very hard feeling to beat later in your career. Stock Class is very fulfilling.

Here was how my amazing day went...
Speedball field
Palmer Super Stocker
1 single 12 gram
48 shots...including chrono
35 eliminations including one match where I cleared the other five players in a bit under a minute.

That day was magic! Games felt like slow motion. Felt like I had all day to aim and fire during snap shots.
I have not had that kinda day since and I still smile while thinking of it... B)

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 03 December 2010 - 03:18 PM

#19 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:43 PM

I had one great game last time I was out (open class, but just with my 13ci tank)...

I had to longball one of three guys who headed out of bounds to fire at us from the side of our starting cover... dropped one with my first shot and sent the other two scrambling away (if only after they took out a couple teammates... I got pretty good at sighting down the top of the SC feed)

Anyways, I moved up the field while a teammate fired away with an A5 - they hammered at him, largely ignored me except for my friend's buddies who came that day (no rentals this game)...I took out one or two, and continued moving cover to cover (largely open field, no bush). As I made it to the middle (a valley, greeeaaat), I checked my ammo reserves - 2 paintballs left.

30 Feet ahead of me, my friend's bud was firing at me so I snapped a shot out from an unexpected side of the bunker, causing him to duck, and sprinted ahead - he came up (told me later he was gonna come bunker me) and there I was pointing my Phantom down into his face - he surrendered, which was good, cause when I lied down I saw, up and to the right of me, my other friend on the opposing team (his first day with a Phantom) crawling while behind another bunker - I got a bead on him, fired...it went into his hair....and disappeared (it did break, but he never found the paint, lol). He knew I had a bead on him, so he put his hands up and walked off - lucky for me! If I had even had another shot, it would've been hard to pump that thing lying down...

Rest of the game, I used my friends cover fire until I got too far ahead for them to care about him, and I tried to help him move up...and then I realised the joy of dry-firing to keep heads down. My open class tank came to the rescue, and I went on to make them duck as I moved up with blank shots...I ended up mercying two more, and my friend shot the last one just as he turned to pop me from 2 feet away :) and I assure you, he didn't know I was empty either (at my field it's against the rules to fire back when offered a mercy, you have to surrender or you can try to run and take cover, THEN return fire). :D Trust me, pump play (and yes, definitely stock class play) is brilliant.

#20 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:50 AM

Krazy knows his stuff, so there is little i need to chime in. Basically though until you have shot a pump, each type, you really won't know what you like and don't. I thought i'd love Nelsons (phantoms, gargoyles, tracers, sl68s...basically inline, lightweight pumps). I bought a phantom and hated it. I loved the SC aspect and limited paint, i just hated how light it was, i wanted some heft. Then i discovered Sheridans (stacked tube, brass, much heavier) and fell in love. Bought a PPS Super STocker and never turned away from pump again. Then i discovered Carters, heavy nelsons (stainless steel bodies and barrels) and my Buzzard and i have been inserparable.

Now i own a bit of everything. It takes time to develop your tastes. So anytime you go to a field, ask to hold or shoot other peoples markers. Many might not let you take it out on the field, but they will at least let you shoot it in chrono area so you can see if you like how it aims and feels. Many people find it easy going to the Sniper platform (take an autococker, remove the pneumatics and put a pump kit there), it allows them to use a hopper and hold a marker type they are used to shooting. Makes for an easy transition. I just jumped into SC like Krazy and loved it, and like him, i got my ass owned everyday for a long time. DOn't let it discourage you. Many kids do and they quit after two weeks when they arent a ninja yet...it does take time...and practice. If you don't have that dedication don't bother.

Now all i play is pump, i haven't touched a semi except for chrono area in over 3 years. Pump only speedball games are my favorite thing to play, all action, all movement, not stupid laning and standing in place til someone is eliminated, people are constantly moving and going for bunkering moves. IT is EPIC!

Go to a local field and try to find some other pump players and handle their stuff. See what you like. Find your niche. Everyone has differnt tastes. And like i said, it takes time and years to develop them fully. Now i have a solid stable of 5 pumps that i really don't want to part with if i don't have to. I bought my Carter Mini-Comp last year and i have used it on every day of play since. Sure i throw the other ones in for a turn (the Pug is a heavenly pistol with a K frame on it), but i have gone back to being a huge Nelson fan again. :D

This is my current family
Posted Image

View PostKrazy8, on 03 December 2010 - 03:49 PM, said:

Posted Image
^Again you can see that a shorter feed tube makes it easier to change out the standard 12 gram changer as well. I have no idea why there is an asa adapter sticking out of the grips...and the cocking handle is totally custom on this Phantom.

I find Splatmasters a novelty. When you use a quality stock class gun like one of the four I first mentioned the other stuff just sits in the gear bag.

i want to say that is a Euro Grip...i don't know why they kept the ASA on that either except maybe they were too lazy to remove it, it attaches inside the gripframe. But does make for a nice mounting point for the tank, no liquid getting into the ASA that way.

And i concur about splatmasters. They are fun for a day, same thing with Nelspots (bolt action, first PB markers used). Once you play with a high end it is hard to go back to the very begining. It's like shooting an M16 then being given a slingshot. Yeah it's still fun...but just not the same...ya know. Try to find your niche. Everyone is different. My wife LOVES her phantoms and wouldn't trade them for the world, she also LOVES my Super STocker and has laid claim on it, much to my dismay. :( At least she likes sexy brass, just sad that it is/was mine.... Need to buy her her own.

This post has been edited by Legato: 04 December 2010 - 12:50 AM

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#21 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:12 PM

I can not help myself with pictures.

Here is a real nice one that was made up for a SO forum member.

Posted Image
Verticle Stock Class
Center Feed Breech w/ clamping feed neck
Trigger Shoe
Blue Acrylic Parts Swap
CCI Drop Forward
'T' Stock
Annoed to match CP on/off ASA

Honestly one of the better looking guns I have seen...but I think I say that everytime.

This is an example of the 3 Color Dry Acid Wash
Posted Image

Ok...I will stop....for now

#22 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

Dude.... You need to resize that last pic. It HUGE and takes forever to download....
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#23 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:52 PM

So I was scrolling down the page and I saw this....................big

Bi

ig

...cture
pict.

And my compy almost exploded.

#24 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

Funny - it resizes automatically for me until I click it...it's 11% normal size hahaha.

#25 User is offline   Benaiah 

• If you dont get it, youre Sofa Kingdom
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Benaiah2320

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:44 PM

Thanks for the good advice and love the pics.

As for playing OC or SC first, ive always been one to jump right in. For example, the first time i ever played halo was on the campaign, legendary difficulty. It was annoying at first, but eventually i got there and started kicking my friends butts. They started on normal and worked up. So i think ill start with stock class. Sure, ill get owned a couple times, but ill have fun learning, and eventually ill have that epic day like you guys said. Then its all downhill from there.

Also, thanks for the PM Krazy8
2 Samuel 22

#26 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

View PostBenaiah, on 04 December 2010 - 07:44 PM, said:

Thanks for the good advice and love the pics.

As for playing OC or SC first, ive always been one to jump right in. For example, the first time i ever played halo was on the campaign, legendary difficulty. It was annoying at first, but eventually i got there and started kicking my friends butts. They started on normal and worked up. So i think ill start with stock class. Sure, ill get owned a couple times, but ill have fun learning, and eventually ill have that epic day like you guys said. Then its all downhill from there.

Also, thanks for the PM Krazy8

Downhill? :P :blink:

#27 User is offline   Benaiah 

• PipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

yea downhill as opposed to uphill. as in it will be easier...
2 Samuel 22

#28 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:42 PM

what state do you live in? Check out www.mcarterbrown.com regional area. Try to find local pump games going on in your area. There are almost always a huge MCB game somehwhere in each state every month or other month. I know up here in NE we try to have cool pump games monthly if possible. Great time to go meet other pump enthusiasts, check out all the cool markers and see what you like and don't like. As well as here little bits of info about each variety of pump. I thought i knew a lot about pumps until i met them. Now i am just in aw at some of the stuff i see each time i play. When a dude pulled out the DSG (dukie shotgun) the first time i saw one in person i nearly crapped myself it looked so heavenly, then when i saw Painthappy's lever action...i nearly cried it was so glorious
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#29 User is offline   Benaiah 

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:31 PM

i looked there it doesnt look like theres many in my area. The fields i play at are mostly walk ons with a couple regulars so i should be fine. Yea some pumps are just beautiful, like an electro could never be. And theyre the only guns i could justify using wood on. other than automags. And wood can just make a gun look beautiful.
2 Samuel 22

#30 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

I currently have a LB Piranha being placed into an old Blue Streak stock and trigger group...someday I will have it, and love it andstrokeandholditanditsnamewill be george.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 07 December 2010 - 11:31 AM

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users