• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Empire Traccer Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:49 AM

I ended up buying one, hoping to use it at our Halloween game or the last day of the season in November. I couldn't make it though, so now I'm waiting for a day I can go play indoor speedball with it.

I like the feel of it out of the box, and I've shot a little paint out in the yard (disclaimer - in a location where legal and safe to do so), but haven't given it a real test yet.

After this year being so few games with a semi, I'm planning on switching to play more pump in 2011 and try to get out more with the cost savings.

@ sousey - You need to give a report on how the AFG does with the Trracer. I had the same idea, but didn't want to spend the cash until I knew the AFG was worth it.

@ Legato - I don't know if he did, but I bought the pistol mag feed. To my knowledge, Kee hasn't put out a true stock feed for their markers. The pistol one is a spring feed, but you could remove the spring and follower from it to have something close to a stock feed. If I can figure out a mod for it to use a speed feed like you see on the stock class phantoms I'll do it.
Member of Team Akkadian

#17 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:07 AM

moved to Pump Markers.

#18 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

View PostThalion, on 09 December 2010 - 08:49 AM, said:

@ sousey - You need to give a report on how the AFG does with the Trracer. I had the same idea, but didn't want to spend the cash until I knew the AFG was worth it.

the AFG feel so good on it, I would say spend the 35$

View PostLegato, on 09 December 2010 - 07:07 AM, said:

.....Did you get the SC feed with it too?

I did pick up a sa-17 mag for it. but will be starting off with a 100 round hopper i picked up.

EDIT:

View Postslinkyaroo, on 09 December 2010 - 10:07 AM, said:

moved to Pump Markers.

I'm stoked to be chatting in the Pump section, i hope to be playing allot of pump games in the coming season.

This post has been edited by sousey: 09 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

#19 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:52 AM

Thanks. That's what I was interested in knowing.

I'll probably try picking up an AFG in the near future.
Member of Team Akkadian

#20 User is offline   Raven911 

• Team Birds of Prey
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raven911

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:24 PM

I reviewed it here: http://68caliber.com/?p=14369 Bottom line is I love it. I've used it for three weekends so far and it has worked great. I recently added a reg that a friend gave me and I am getting a red dot site for it for Christmas. Can't wait to get it dialed in and hit the field with it.

For the money its a great pump!

This post has been edited by Raven911: 24 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

http://www.flurryindustries.com
http://www.specopsbrigade.com/main.php
Drive it like it's issued!
"Life's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa

#21 User is offline   Raven911 

• Team Birds of Prey
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raven911

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:32 PM

As she sits now. Gotta think of a name for it.
Posted Image

Upgrades include: Lapco Autospirit barrel, bottom line set up, unknown reg, Taso red dot site, Extreme Rage 100rd loader.

This post has been edited by Raven911: 25 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

http://www.flurryindustries.com
http://www.specopsbrigade.com/main.php
Drive it like it's issued!
"Life's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa

#22 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

She is ready to play (hopper got lost in the mail and just got a tank for it)

Posted Image

This post has been edited by sousey: 29 December 2010 - 06:55 PM

#23 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

That set up is HOT. I wonder if you could get a stock for one. I think that would be cool. Like a dogleg or something similar.
Also didn't they upgrade the old PMI trracer with a velocity adjustment at sometime? Or am I mistaken? Im certain I read somewhere that they did that. Just can't remember where.

This post has been edited by dextonik: 06 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#24 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

View Postdextonik, on 06 January 2011 - 04:23 PM, said:

That set up is HOT. I wonder if you could get a stock for one. I think that would be cool. Like a dogleg or something similar.
Also didn't they upgrade the old PMI trracer with a velocity adjustment at sometime? Or am I mistaken? Im certain I read somewhere that they did that. Just can't remember where.

thanks (if you are talking to me :) )

I used it today for the first time and LOVE IT...snowing and around 30 degrees and it held up like a champ!

and for adding a stock, you could do a T2W on the handle or any stock that screws into an ASA but i like the little 13ci on it as the stock so i have no remote line to tangle up with. this was the first day i have been able to shoot lefty when needed and accurately.

#25 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

I love the look of these, and they seem like they would look intensely comfy with the AFG.. The future has a traccer with AFG and some of my own flair for me :D

#26 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

Does anyone know if the a Lapco Barrel Thread Adapter fit & still have the pump be functional?
A5 & or Spyder Adapters specifically.

#27 User is offline   Rathje 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rathje

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:43 PM

I've been using an old Trracer Maverick for a while now and found it to be a mechanically solid and reliable shooter - though certainly not the best quality out there. It's my backup marker and unlike my other stuff, never had to worry about it breaking down.

I've handled the Empire Trracer at my local pro-shop and was favorably impressed. The picatiny rails don't chafe the hands at all, feels just fine (and won't be an issue at all wearing paintball gloves). Stroke isn't the best out there, but comparable to the old Trracers, and good enough.

The feedneck is removable, allowing you to put on one of those 10 round tube setups from the BT SA-17 - allowing you to run it sort of stock class. Just a tip - it's easier to remove the feedneck if you remove the barrel and angle the pump handle downward a bit. If you take off the feedneck, you'll note the breech is shaped to accept First Strike rounds. This makes me wonder if BT isn't planning a magazine for First Strike rounds in the future. Hope so.

Hand feeding First Strikes into the breech is a pain since the rounds always want to flip over or sideways. However, there is a trick to it. You stick the round on your finger with the skirt wrapped around your finger tip and push it forward into the breech with your finger (don't just place it into the open breech - shove it forward into the barrel a bit). You can manage this because once you cock the pump handle back when it's aired up, the breech stays open. Then you place the round and cock forward again. Still tedious though, and not a viable FS shooter until BT comes out with a magazine or clip (big hint to BT here).

The placement of the air bottle is a pain on both the old Maverick and this new version. The air bottle only angles down slightly, so if you try to use it as a stock, the sight rail is too far down for you to crank your neck down and get your face close enough to use it. You'll have to either use a mounted riser to raise your scope/red dot significantly, or rig the gun to a bottomline setup like some of the pictures on this thread. I'm thinking of mounting one of these to the bottom of the grip handle along with a 13cu HPA tank:

http://www.lapcopain...d4bc73f26d2c0fb

Unlike the old Trracers, this version has a much better grip handle that can mount stuff to the bottom. It also has an auto-trigger function - just like the old Trracers. This means you can simply hold down the trigger and shoot as fast as you can pump. Good looking gun - narrow and aggressive profile. Autococker threaded, so you can pretty much put whatever you want on it. But keep in mind that the pump stroke will be a bit looser if you put normal thinner Autococker barrels on it (the stock barrel is designed thicker than normal to stabilize the pump handle).

Picatiny rails everywhere, so you can accessorize this thing to death if you want. And all for the low price of $120.00!

Good effort from BT. Totally smokes the overpriced Tippman SL-68II. You can't do jack with that gun, and it's $40 to $60 too expensive.

This is now my official next gun to get. If they come out with First Strike magazines, I'll be one happy kid.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users