• You cannot reply to this topic

Empire Traccer Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:41 PM

I am thinking of getting an Empire Traccer. I have always wanted a pump to have some fun with and conserve paint. What do you think of the gun?
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#2 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:49 PM

I have also considered picking one of these up. the velocity adjustment being inside the barrel is kinda sketchy.

#3 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:10 PM

^^ phantom style so its all good.

I'd say they are a awesome pick-up, honestly you can go from the 10 round mag to hopper feed and back pretty quick so it works well for a tight little modified stock class set-up

#4 User is offline   hawkfire999 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:hawkfire999

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:25 PM

I agree with sousey. The velocity adjustment isn't great considering you could scratch up your barrel if you're not careful with the allen key. If you put a reg on it you could adjust velocity that way however. I like the looks and all that porting on the barrel will hopefully make it quieter than the old pmi trracers. The picatinny rails will be nice for mounting a vertical grip and possibly a sight if you get an offset rail. I'm thinking about picking one up with the free e-vents deal on the empire site (i think it goes until sunday).

This post has been edited by hawkfire999: 25 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#5 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

View Posthawkfire999, on 25 November 2010 - 08:25 PM, said:

I agree with sousey. The velocity adjustment isn't great considering you could scratch up your barrel if you're not careful with the allen key. If you put a reg on it you could adjust velocity that way however. I like the looks and all that porting on the barrel will hopefully make it quieter than the old pmi trracers. The picatinny rails will be nice for mounting a vertical grip and possibly a sight if you get an offset rail. I'm thinking about picking one up with the free e-vents deal on the empire site (i think it goes until sunday).

You can always take the barrel off if you worry about that - certainly easier to see. (I have a Phantom)

#6 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:49 PM

View PostEskimo, on 25 November 2010 - 10:10 PM, said:

^^ Nelson style so its all good.

fixed, almost all nelsons control velocity that way,. It is the only way to get to the hammer spring.

View Posthawkfire999, on 25 November 2010 - 10:25 PM, said:

Like i said, almost every nelson with teh exception of an SL-68 adjust velocity that way. You won't scratch your barrel if you do it carefully. Or tape the adjuster so it is soft on the outside. Many people do that. I put orings on my carter velocity adjusters. Really though, you'd have to be a complete monkey to scratch the barrel doing this. Just go in easy and you are fine. Or remove the barrel everytime, which is a PITA and time consuming. Phantom VA tools are plastic tipped, can't really scratch much with that. Once you use the marker enough you generally know how many turns you need to get to the right velocity, so you only have to adjust once, if that. I almost never have to touch my Carter's velocity adjuster, set it once and forget it. I use 12 grams everytime, velocity rarely changes from each time i play to the next.

They are nice markers. Good that they use a common thread now and not a proprietary one like before. My only gripe is the handle and the rails on it. Doesn't look too comfy. But oh well. I like that the SC feed is easy to put on or take off. These are a great pump starter marker, super cheap yet very nice. Could easily steal away many people who would have had to buy a phantom to get a nice nelson to start, now they can get one of these and be good to go for a while.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#7 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:06 PM

an angled foregrip on there and you have a dreams pump handle
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#8 User is offline   hawkfire999 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:hawkfire999

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

Thanks Legato that really addressed most of my worries. As to the foregrip they rounded the rails to be a little more comfy but I'll probably still use a vertical grip off of one of my airsoft guns. I'll definitely have to see about picking one of these up. And to down range pain do you mean like this?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#9 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:13 PM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 26 November 2010 - 01:06 AM, said:

an angled foregrip on there and you have a dreams pump handle

Exactly what i was thinking :)

#10 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:19 PM

i dont really like to pump stroke..

id rather save the $ and get a CCM.
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#11 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:45 PM

View PostThumper113, on 27 November 2010 - 01:19 AM, said:

i dont really like to pump stroke..

id rather save the $ and get a CCM.

CCM = Sniper Clone = Sheridan essentially
Tracer = Nelson clone

Two very different pump strokes/setups. Most favor one or the other. You are either a Nelson guy or a Sheridan guy. I was once a heavy Sheridan guy and didn't really like any Nelsons other then my Buzzard, now i am doing a 180* practically and i almost only use my Nelsons and the only sheridan i've shot in the last 6 months was my Pug.

I like CCM markers, but i just can't drop that kind of cash on a Sniper Clone. They are heavenly. All the ones i have held and shot, from S5 up the the T2 and S6.5 have been heavenly, super buttery pump strokes. But i never was good at shooting with a Sniper. They just don't aim well in my hands

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#12 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:51 AM

Not sure if this is the right place but:
I am 95% ready to buy a Trracer and am not a fan of a tank on my gun, would a "T2W STOCK" fit on a Trracer?

EDIT:
Also - any one know if BT will be coming out with a 20 round mag for the SA-17?

EDIT:
Ordered mine!

This post has been edited by sousey: 02 December 2010 - 05:28 AM

#13 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

A T2W stock will work. You could also mount a standard bottomline ASA if you like. The gun does have the mount on the bottom of the grip frame.
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#14 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:59 AM

I have not used it yet (this Sunday will) so not sure about the sight on it but here she is:

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:07 AM

Looks good. Interesting front grip on there. Gotta tell me how it feels. Rocking the remote on it too. :D Did you get the SC feed with it too?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users