• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

98 Custom Cyclone Feed System A review. Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   paintballer14 

• OWNAGE
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:55 PM

not to bad the only hard part was gettin the valve out of the power tube. i just gassed it up and noticed theres a small leak where the air hose goes into the valve but that canbe fixed with a bit more tephlon tape :wacko: oh and thanks for the complament (sp?)

UPDATE: leak fixed, i was right it was the tape, so i went and got some of that sealing putty like tippmann originally puts on and it works great!!!! well i havent shot it with paint yet but it works good dry fireing. oh and just a tip for those of you thau might install one in the future, dont over tighten the banjo (or what ever its called) screw.

This post has been edited by paintballer14: 06 August 2005 - 06:19 PM

#17 User is offline   Silent 

• Its killing time
  • Pip

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:52 PM

the sight rail looks kind of lame
but the rest is awesome
Marker Setup:
tippmann 98 custom pro
11" barrel
drop foward
camo finish
pen spring mod

#18 User is offline   Syab 

• ARG! A pirate stole my title!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mike Verillo

Posted 15 August 2005 - 09:13 AM

Does this work with the RT? Or will i have to buy some extra parts...
The sig limit is set at 160 px. Your image was 180 px.

#19 User is offline   paintballer14 

• OWNAGE
  • PipPip

Posted 15 August 2005 - 01:54 PM

you hafta buy extra parts. a "T" splitter to be exact

#20 User is offline   ssbcboz 

• Broken Arrow
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ssbcboz

Posted 18 August 2005 - 06:57 AM

what kind of power tube is needed (whats the exact name)? would the Dead On - 98C Pro-Seal (Bolt & Powertube) work for the new power tube, if not, where can i find one (a link would be nice if special opps doesnt sell the right kind)?

This post has been edited by ssbcboz: 18 August 2005 - 09:27 AM

hey, how u doinnnnn? <a href="http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/member_view.asp?id=15290" target="_blank">brigade page</a> Broken Arrow past member

#21 User is offline   paintballer14 

• OWNAGE
  • PipPip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:51 AM

im not exactly sure what its called. but its the same thing but the little black part that sticks out of the right side of the gun has a hole in it in the new one. its hard to explain, sorry :)

#22 User is offline   ssbcboz 

• Broken Arrow
  • PipPip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:30 AM

ya, is there a link u can get me to where i can find one that works please?
hey, how u doinnnnn? <a href="http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/member_view.asp?id=15290" target="_blank">brigade page</a> Broken Arrow past member

#23 User is offline   paintballer14 

• OWNAGE
  • PipPip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:03 PM

i dont know where you would buy one separate, but it comes with the cyclone and the rt. sorry

#24 User is offline   ssbcboz 

• Broken Arrow
  • PipPip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 01:27 PM

that what i needed to know, i am buying on online, but just wanted to make sure i didnt need to but anything else, but its included, i just found out (and by the way, what is rt?) thanks for the help man,

fellow baller

#25 User is offline   paintballer14 

• OWNAGE
  • PipPip

Posted 21 August 2005 - 02:32 PM

im not sure exactically how it works, but its a trigger that uses extra gas to bounce the trigger forward after you pull it back

This post has been edited by paintballer14: 21 August 2005 - 02:32 PM

#26 User is offline   joe bag o donuts 

• one of the original 1000
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:13 PM

In My Opinion, it didnt hurt me AT ALL having the extra wide profile, I didnt take ONE hit on the hopper all weekend

Yeah, it's really the same size as a Revy. Just on the side.
Posted Image
Not mine, a pic off ebay. :)

#27 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:21 PM

The DOP power tube for the RT will work for the Cyclone since you just need a powertube with a threaded hole in it (AKA an RT powertube). And the T splitter/Banjo fitting I found for about $15 inc. shipping on ebay.And to ensure a leak free install take a wire brush or pic and clean the threads out on the valve.

RT= Response Trigger

This post has been edited by Maj Tom: 19 September 2005 - 03:22 PM

#28 User is offline   SKC 

• So Others May Live.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SKC 1.5

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:38 AM

grey fox, on Jul 31 2005, 06:07 AM, said:

Well I bought the 98 cyclone. I purchased it for my 98 custom pro-e. First thing I noticed was the price. It ran $69.00. My dealer believes this will slightly ease up in the future-possibly more towards $60.00. Mine came in a clam-shell and included the following items. Instructions on installation; A "A-5 style" hopper, a power tube, and the actual cyclone.
The power tube is based on the idea that for 98 customs the cyclone wil be installed in a manner similar to a 98 custom responce trigger-i.e power tube replacement in favor of a pre-made air release hole capable one. For me this was a special bonus in buying the Custom Pro- this hole had already been milled and pre-made, so I never had to so much as disassemble my marker- I merely had to screw the cyclone micro-line ( banjo fitting end ) into my marker. This was pretty convieniant. The instructions for people with Custom 98's are pretty clear and anyone with any ability should be able to replace the power-tube and connect the cyclone with little trouble.

Once I had the cyclone connected I did some preformance test. I ran my Pro 98 at full auto ( fed off a 20 oz C02-remote enabled). The cyclone had no trouble keeping up with the full auto fire. It worked exactly as my A-5 cyclone worked. I was shooting with and without the hopper on in order to see the cyclone actually working. So for the mechanics of the device I give it an A.
Visually as we all knew it would; the hopper makes the 98 signifigantly wider in
profile. This may not be a desirable attribute for some people. I found that it really didn't seem any wider than my A-5. The hopper is capable of the standard 15bps of the older one, but I found I was pulling off nearly 19 running full auto. I recommend the 98 cyclone- it is based on the same mechanics as the A-5 which has been pretty reliable. I do think it's a little expensive, but I look for that to level off as they become more widely available.

nice review, good enough for me
I proudly endorse:
Bob Long Markers - Empire Loaders and Apparel- Hybrid Apparel - Ninja Air Systems - VForce Masks

U.S. Navy AIRR

#29 User is offline   ambush12 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 October 2005 - 06:15 PM

I've also got a cyclone and the first thing i noticed about it is it chops like crazy, i was using draxxus blaze paint, and the cyclone, stock bolt, co2 x-chamber, rear-cock, and it chopped the first ball, then the second came out ok, then the third chops. overall i think it's just my system, and i've got an idea that i might not have loaded it correctly. i did notice that it didn't "spaz out" when the co2 ran out. Overall i think it's great, but to install the rt, u have to call tippmann and ask them for the rt cyclone t fitting. but my velocity was also cranked up so that prolly had something to do with it.

~UPDATE!!!!!!!!!~ i played with my friends on monday and all i can say is WOW, this thing works like a charm in the field. Only problem i had was the kinda high profile, but that's when you get the q-loader, overall it's a great system

This post has been edited by ambush12: 13 October 2005 - 06:38 PM

"It is always better to sacrifice your opponent's men." - Garry Kasparov, Former World chess champion
"The point of war isn't to die for your country, but to make the other poor A FATHERLESS MAN die for his!" General George S. Patton.

"Today's Christmas, and you can give your heart to Jesus, but your DUMPER belongs to the Corps.!!!!!!" R. Lee Ermey

#30 User is offline   nobleknight 

• Master Sargent
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:nobleknight

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:16 PM

Great review. I just got mine today and i just finished instaing it. I cant wait to go play with it. It was also very easy to put in. You said you needed something else to add a rt to it. Do you know how much that part would cost. Im looking to up my rate of fire now that i have a hopper to back it. I will try to have pics of my gun with it on soon, hhowever my pictures i take are all too big to put on my page so im not sure what will turn out.

Im too lazy to add a link so look my name up in the brigade (nobleknight)

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users