Special Ops Paintball: Tac One Fire Rate... - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tac One Fire Rate... Doesn't always shoot for each trigger pull. Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

You've watched the Tom Kaye automag troubleshooting videos on Youtube, correct? They'll point you in the right direction.

That said, set the ULT conservatively so it's working. Not right at the edge / one more shim and it goes runaway. Then look at the problem. The ULT tends to add complexity to the troubleshooting process.
Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

#47 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

on the top of the RT pin there are Two O-rings, a outside one, and one which sits inside the oustide one.
as for pic.... hmmmm

#48 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:06 AM

View PostSlivers, on 27 November 2010 - 01:08 PM, said:

You've watched the Tom Kaye automag troubleshooting videos on Youtube, correct? They'll point you in the right direction.

That said, set the ULT conservatively so it's working. Not right at the edge / one more shim and it goes runaway. Then look at the problem. The ULT tends to add complexity to the troubleshooting process.

I have not, no - didn't know they existed. But I was also hoping I wouldn't have to worry about the Level 10 as it's used, apparently he (previous owner) tried to tune EVERYTHING to make his ULT RT -_-

The ULT hasn't double fired for me at all, and I only added one shim (until you guys told me to set sear pin first).

As for o-rings, I forgot to check but unless I were to force it I do not think the smaller o-ring will fit easily within the o-ring I found...he had a packet, but it was unmarked in his baggie of Mag pieces. So, may need an o-ring kit for the RT on/off. Should I just tune it with that in (I need o-ring first) or would it be fine tuning with the ULT on/off in?

I'll try to find those videos when I get a chance again... kind of took the first day in like a month to chill from schoolwork, and only because my prof had to go to some conference and extended our next assignment a week.

#49 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:38 AM

its always recommended to use the RT pin while tuning as it keeps it close to "stock" then add the ULT pin back in once the marker is up and running.

#50 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:24 AM

View PostEskimo, on 28 November 2010 - 07:38 AM, said:

its always recommended to use the RT pin while tuning as it keeps it close to "stock" then add the ULT pin back in once the marker is up and running.

Damn -_- lol I will have to check all of those o-rings to see if one fits right...if not I guess I'll be waiting a few weeks again lol.

Makes sense though!

#51 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

GOOD NEWS (for once)! The o-ring fit, and the RT even gave a little bounce with my 800psi preset tank :) probably means I'll be needing that quad o-ring to keep it under control when I get that super-strong macroline in to test my new 1200 psi tank :P

I also tested the level 10 - it refused to fire with a barrel swap in :) hooray, maybe I DON'T need to screw with the Level 10 :)

I did notice, however, that I could still get a chuffing noise from not letting the pin behind the trigger reset enough - is this just something to get used to, or could it be partially due to the PE preset trying to keep up with not enough input pressure? That may even resolve my issue with the ULT, if so - as as soon as I get that macroline I'll try airing up my new tank :)

Thoughts?

Thanks for all the help so far guys, you may not need to keep holding my hand much longer :P :huh:

#52 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:39 PM

A faster recharging, more consistant tank will give you a more consistant trigger feel and therefore reduce chuffing.
Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

#53 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:43 PM

View PostSlivers, on 28 November 2010 - 05:39 PM, said:

A faster recharging, more consistant tank will give you a more consistant trigger feel and therefore reduce chuffing.

Cool :) btw, I looked into those quad o-rings (just in case, to save time) and apparently it's like $20 to ship to Canada :( I emailed AGD to see if they could just put them in an envelope and I could pay for stamps...but have to wait for a reply on that.

Do you have any extras kicking around I could buy from you Silvers, if I don't get a reply or I get a "No"?

#54 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:00 PM

Anyone that can answer this (particularly Slivers)...

So, if my input pressure is high enough, is the trigger going to keep bouncing itself, or will it stop when I take my finger off ...? Too me, that would be a good reason to get the quad o-rings!

I may yet get them if the reason Slivers got them is just to tone down the ROF (and not waste so much paint), but I was mostly worried about being unsafe!

EDIT: So, decided to test (with some leather gloves and noise-insulating headphones on) my Mag with the lower pressure macroline on (500/1500 burst)...

The RT works great :) not as fast as I thought it might, but doesn't look like I have to worry about it running off on its own! I may not even need the quad o-ring to slow it down, it doesn't sound stupid fast :P

PS - this was a test without paint, and I now know the ULT is working without chuffing :) however, I found that the trigger did still bounce somewhat with the ULT in.... is this an issue of too many shims? It did not "double-fire" if I held the trigger all the way down.

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 04 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

#55 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:21 AM

Ok - so showed my friend the wicked RT effect ... I may end up going for the quad o-ring when all is said and done, because I'm not sure I can get it to fire just a single shot by pulling down the trigger :P (with RT on/off).

Also, we noticed it started leaking down the barrel after he took a couple shots... but it doesn't leak when you hold down the trigger a little - from the little I've skimmed, that would mean I need a different carrier, yes (can't remember smaller or larger, whoops)? It indicates it's not an issue with the On/Off o-rings, anyways.

I'm down below 2000 psi at this point so we'll see when I can take a look at it... I have exams until the 17th or so and I leave on vacation (yay!) on the 23rd.

I suspect I should go watch those videos about the level 10, but any other tips? :)

#56 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:26 PM

yup, your assumptions are correct, and if it leaks you need to help seal the gap, therefor a smaller carrier is advised. (im sure you have it oiled already)

suggestions: not any as of now.

#57 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:43 PM

View PostEskimo, on 12 December 2010 - 03:26 PM, said:

yup, your assumptions are correct, and if it leaks you need to help seal the gap, therefor a smaller carrier is advised. (im sure you have it oiled already)

suggestions: not any as of now.

Well, I tend to oil it from the end of the air-thru stock each time I've aired it up...which may not be enough, I suppose.
Actually, I've always just been wary of opening the valves/internal internals of my markers. Didn't even do it with my Tippmann because it wasn't needed.

From one of the short "Tune Your Level 10" videos I watched a couple days ago though, it doesn't seem to bad as it's not the valve per say.

#58 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

Sorry for yet another double post... but I went to the smallest carrier (I was on second smallest, apparently) and no leak :) after 3 shims, no apparent bolt stick either!

Thanks guys :)

I better PM Legato tho, he said he'd help me out and send me an envelope with some Quad o-rings if I had them sent to him to save some money :P

#59 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

WOOOOOO Victory!

#60 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

View PostSlivers, on 05 November 2010 - 03:52 PM, said:

Talk to Ninja about this one. You may be able to have them just swap a reg on for you that fits.

I'd go for as much pressure as you can get out of the Ninja. You can always remove shims to go down. My ReTro valve RIPS with a standard Ninja reg shimmed as far as they'd recommend. I actually put the emag quad oring in the on/off to tone it down. Recharge is the key, in actually. That's one reason higher pressures make it RT faster.

So, Slivers... I got the Emag Quad o-ring in...

And now the RT pin won't fire. I can hear a small leak of some sort... but not down the barrel. Last time I played with it, I had tuned it to fire with the regular RT orings and it worked great (no leaks).

Thoughts?

EDIT: Ok, to reiterate:

When I started testing, I had 1100 PSI (my reg is set to output 1200 psi) and I finished with 900 psi.

I did not use the ULT after tuning the RT pin (no leaks, shoots good with RT).
The RT pin doesn't work with the Quad O-Ring - it fires once, and then the pin gives a lot of resistance to the trigger - it pushes back when I try to pull, and if I pull down all the way it doesn't fire.
The ULT does something similar (less resistance).

Though, against the whole lack of pressure thing... the RT pin still fired fine when I put it back in at the last!

Grr... just when I thought I had things tuned and figured out!

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 06 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users