• Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:13 PM

View PostSIEFKA, on 21 October 2010 - 09:40 PM, said:

http://www.gogpaintb...ompage_gog.html

I need some questions answered.

Should I buy a g1 or will just a regular sp1 work
Huh? What do you mean "will just a regular Sp1 work?"
Are you looking to replace your SP1 with the G1 or something?
By the looks of it, the G1 is simply an offset feed SP1.
If so should I get a blackheart board.
It would be nice. It would provide you eyes instead of relying on dwell for the low-force-bolt operation.
Do I need any upgrades for the sp1
Perhaps a bolt like the one offered by TechT here: http://www.techtpain...s.aspx?CAT=3275

...but other than that, perhaps a Freak barrel or other kit.
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#3 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

OMG Druid. You're officially the first GOG Fanboy. :P

Obvisiously it didn't take long for the offshore guys to get things out. No surprise since .50 has been out for a couple months. I also see they list SL33K but have seen that rebranded gr33se.

Oh well. Nice to see their HQ in PA still. Hopefully some people can get their jobs back.

#4 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:47 PM

I am filled with an insatiable rage over this announcement.

Also, looking at the specs for the eXTCy, it's a friggin Ion. (eXTCy? Like, the drug? Man, paintball has really stepped it up from the days of Chronic...)

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#5 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:32 AM

View Postslinkyaroo, on 21 October 2010 - 10:55 PM, said:

I also see they list SL33K but have seen that rebranded gr33se.

I had noticed that... made me chuckle.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#6 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:03 AM

View Postslinkyaroo, on 21 October 2010 - 10:55 PM, said:

OMG Druid. You're officially the first GOG Fanboy. :P

Obvisiously it didn't take long for the offshore guys to get things out. No surprise since .50 has been out for a couple months. I also see they list SL33K but have seen that rebranded gr33se.

Oh well. Nice to see their HQ in PA still. Hopefully some people can get their jobs back.

Meh...I would't say "fan" but everyone knows my opinion. I like the gear because it's always worked for me. I hate their business practices but SOMEONE'S always doing what they did...just like the loader wars and Gino P from Valken....no need to hash it out all over again.
The poster asked questions, I might have had the answers to.

View PostPirate, on 22 October 2010 - 01:47 AM, said:

I am filled with an insatiable rage over this announcement.
Dude...get over it. "Vote with your wallet" if it bothers you so much.
Also, looking at the specs for the eXTCy, it's a friggin Ion.
Likely a VIBE

(eXTCy? Like, the drug? Man, paintball has really stepped it up from the days of Chronic...)

Posted Image
Who cares what the name of a marker is?....like "Ego"....as in...... "my head's undeservingly too big to fit through a doorway."Posted Image

Or "H8ter"........nothing says "I want to be your friend"...or "I'm a fair competitor"........more than THAT word..........Posted Image

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#7 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

1: You didn't lose a full sponsorship over the Smart Parts law suits. I still hold resentment. And I have never purchased anything made by SP.
2: The eNVy is the Vibe. They didn't even change anything on it. The eXTCy is an Ion (though looks like the body kit will be metal).

We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett

#8 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:24 PM

Honestly, if GOG is up and going and employees are getting jobs back then I say great.

I believe if somebody doesn't like a company then don't buy from them. History will decide if SP was a builder or a menace to the industry.

#9 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

True, the new jobs are good (they are making all this in this country, right?). And I guess without posession of the patents they can't do what they love to do best.

Has anyone heard anything about that White Hats company that started picking up the old SP stuff?

#10 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:57 PM

I would be surprised if these are now US made. I think these markers are made overseas by the same company that make the GI Milsim line, but I may be wrong. The SP1 offset feed makes me think so.

#11 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:42 PM

View PostPirate, on 22 October 2010 - 05:51 PM, said:

1: You didn't lose a full sponsorship over the Smart Parts law suits. I still hold resentment. And I have never purchased anything made by SP.
2: The eNVy is the Vibe. They didn't even change anything on it. The eXTCy is an Ion (though looks like the body kit will be metal).

1. Alright, granted. However, SP isn't the only company pulling shenanigans in 'business tactics.' Hate one, fine...but then hate them all equally [for pulling equally wrong shenanigans as well].
And sponsorships are nothing to be "bugging out" about. Get one, lose one, get another........

That's all I'm saying.

2. Ok, yeah...I only looked at one [the envy] so my bad.
So the extcy appears to be an Ion XE. Big whoop. These 3 were obviously their best selling markers [not so much the SP1 but still] because their designs made them more customizable than [non-PL] Imps or Shockers. At least they were/are affordable enough that you can have [more] opponents on the field...right?
I got my OWN smiley...

#12 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:09 PM

We did get another one, with Syn and Syndicate. Unfortunately, the team fell through shortly afterward cause of 1: Bad sponsorship details (I worked the contract with Indian Creek with my Cousin, a lawyer. The Syn one was done by our team "captain", who was an idiot.) and 2: The aforementioned Captain Idiot. But that's a whole other rant. And they were the worst of the business "BS'ers". I know National Paintball pulled it with the DXS Pulse, and all the other companies do it to some extent, but no one has been turned in to a shell of it's former self over it (AKA and ICD. Though ICD's final straw was just self-inflicted).

Honestly, I considered buying the SP1 at a couple points. I know a few people who use them as primary markers (and these are seasoned scenario players, not just newbies). They were quality markers. Heck, the Ion was a pretty quality marker as well. No experience with the Vibe.

#13 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:31 PM

im wondering why the "US Distribution center" with an American address.... has a British phone number...

seems a bit flimsy to me...

honestly.. they look like 50 cal markers.. and its not specified at all on the product pages...

im also wondering why the 2 other markers are named after cell phones...

can you call people from your marker while playing or something?
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#14 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:14 PM

View PostPirate, on 23 October 2010 - 01:09 AM, said:

We did get another one, with Syn and Syndicate. Unfortunately, the team fell through shortly afterward cause of 1: Bad sponsorship details (I worked the contract with Indian Creek with my Cousin, a lawyer. The Syn one was done by our team "captain", who was an idiot.) and 2: The aforementioned Captain Idiot. But that's a whole other rant. And they were the worst of the business "BS'ers". I know National Paintball pulled it with the DXS Pulse, and all the other companies do it to some extent, but no one has been turned in to a shell of it's former self over it (AKA and ICD. Though ICD's final straw was just self-inflicted).
Well, nothing for nothing, as I said. Other companies have [and still do] it...so to blame one company and not another is just hypocritical [IMHO]...especially if you are using those [other] companies' products. I've said it before [perhaps not here though] that if a company patent protected their gear, things like this wouldn't have happened. Companies saw it when the Gardners stopped being Tom Kaye's package/warehouse boys and started SP. If other companies dropped the ball or simply left it alone all together [not challenge SP for what they did], then it's their own faults for not following through on what and when they "knew better"....

Honestly, I considered buying the SP1 at a couple points. I know a few people who use them as primary markers (and these are seasoned scenario players, not just newbies). They were quality markers. Heck, the Ion was a pretty quality marker as well. No experience with the Vibe.

As well you should. The SP1 is a great little marker. I have one and like it a lot.
The Ion is...well...an Ion. Inexpensively made [and so marketed] to get tourney [speed/ROF] markers to younger kids [the future Tygers, druids, Pirates and Greg Hastings] without dumping two life savings accounts in the process.
The Vibe apparently turned out to be a "better Ion" [for the lack of a better term]. I know players liked the Vibe more than the Ion...and that's coming from the Ion boards I'm on.

View PostThumper113, on 23 October 2010 - 01:31 AM, said:

im wondering why the "US Distribution center" with an American address.... has a British phone number...

seems a bit flimsy to me...
I have no idea, nor would I even hazard a guess.
honestly.. they look like 50 cal markers.. and its not specified at all on the product pages...

im also wondering why the 2 other markers are named after cell phones...

can you call people from your marker while playing or something?
Weren't "people" tinkering with the idea of blue-toothing to speedball events?

Perhaps there might be a little bit of humility in their sale ethics this time. I hope they learn from their mistakes.
I got my OWN smiley...

#15 User is offline   SIEFKA 

• Matt Fitzgerald
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIEFKA

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:47 AM

Should I get a sp1 if I can get it for 150 but the guy just recently fixed it. Or should I get a g1. Will they have warranty on sp1's?

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users