• You cannot reply to this topic

Ghetto "Rain-Cover" Cough Cough!! Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   cor_man257 

• Just some random guy.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cor_man257

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:56 AM

I remeber lurking the hell outta McarterBrown and seeing some really nice raincovers on several markers over there. And if ya ever get a look at Russc's oldschool Sniper... Im pretty sure hes got a nice one on his too.

I like the looks of the older ones that were made back in the glory days of paintball and sold by companies. I cant really think of who made them but Ive always thought they were pretty neat.

If people in my area ever get back into paintball, Id like to get me another peice of bass and throw a raincover on it. That would be pretty fun I think. Gah... no... no... The brass its after my wallet again!!!!
Iraq. Been there. Done that. OIF 2010- OND 2011.
I long for the life of a patio owner. Guitar, a grill, and laying in a hammock with the one you love staring at the skyline and the sunsets.Posted Image

#17 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:14 PM

View Postcor_man257, on 18 December 2010 - 05:56 AM, said:

1. I like the looks of the older ones that were made back in the glory days of paintball and sold by companies. I cant really think of who made them but Ive always thought they were pretty neat.

2. If people in my area ever get back into paintball, Id like to get me another peice of bass and throw a raincover on it. That would be pretty fun I think. Gah... no... no... The brass its after my wallet again!!!!

1. Those were "Woosh" I believe.

2. And that's absolutely fine because if the device is permanently welded to a permanently attached barrel, it's perfectly legal. Think of a 68 magnum or PGP with the device welded [soldered?] to it...
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#18 User is offline   cor_man257 

• Just some random guy.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:01 PM

Im talking about a rain cover. I have no idea what your discussing. but Im not sure I would want it to be permenatly attached... I dont know. Im going to have to look into them some more I think. Thanks for the name. Nobody had ever seemed to mention where they were from or who made them.

Btw, I thought law said anything that could be modified as well. Hmm. At anyrate....
I long for the life of a patio owner. Guitar, a grill, and laying in a hammock with the one you love staring at the skyline and the sunsets.Posted Image

#19 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:37 AM

Well, the words "rain cover" are the typical "excuse words" to rename the dreaded "S" word....which...is exactly what the 'Woosh' was and is.

If it functions like a Woosh, then it is a Woosh [without the name].

If you "just want" to cover porting for actual rain protection - and not sound protection - a plastic barrel shipping sleeve with rubber end caps will do the trick.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#20 User is offline   cor_man257 

• Just some random guy.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

Anything I have to say will get me warned. Im not gonna bother. :nododgy:

#21 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

well then lets be men about it. yes it is illegal to have one that is removable. we know the rules. cor like me if you want one for the pure novelty of one, try making your own. ( gives it the ballin approach)if not then search for one which is attatched to a barrel already, then just use that one.

And on a side note, a K2 with a affixed silencer would look so deliciously B.A. lol.

#22 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:19 PM

View PostEskimo, on 19 December 2010 - 07:52 PM, said:

well then lets be men about it. yes it is illegal to have one that is removable. we know the rules. cor like me if you want one for the pure novelty of one, try making your own. ( gives it the ballin approach)if not then search for one which is attatched to a barrel already, then just use that one.

And on a side note, a K2 with a affixed silencer would look so deliciously B.A. lol.

I wasn't trying to discourage anyone [yet]...I was only answering a question...lol.

And yes...I've been thinking about one on my 68 Magnum for a long LOOOOOOONNNNNGGG time :D
I got my OWN smiley...

#23 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:37 PM

First of all, my apologizes for the necro post guys. I was curious if anyone knows where to find a "RAIN COVER" for a tac 8.1? I have a mock rain cover but it doesn't do it's job that it is supposed to be doing. If you catch my drift.
If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#24 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

A rain cover that does not keep rain water out I would call a barrel shroud.

If you really are looking for a rain cover...well they are pretty easy to make out of PVC, ABS or even poly tube.

If you are wanting cosmetic upgrades for your t8...LAPCO makes one
Tiberius also makes their own...but their web site is down right now...so look here at Zepher

Now if you are looking for where to purchse an actual silencer...that would go against the rules of our forum...

#25 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

View PostKrazy8, on 31 January 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

A rain cover that does not keep rain water out I would call a barrel shroud.

If you really are looking for a rain cover...well they are pretty easy to make out of PVC, ABS or even poly tube.

If you are wanting cosmetic upgrades for your t8...LAPCO makes one
Tiberius also makes their own...but their web site is down right now...so look here at Zepher

Now if you are looking for where to purchse an actual silencer...that would go against the rules of our forum...

"Mafia Guy#1: I would like a "Bunny".
Mafia Guy#2: What kind of "Bunny"? A semi-automatic "Bunny", or a hand-held "Bunny"?
Mafia Guy#1: Whichever "Bunny" you think is better for shooting a guy in the head. "

xD

#26 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

I hate to say it...That's kinda what I was looking for. A non cosmetic rain cover. For me, when I buy something for a marker I want that "thing" whatever it is to serve a purpose, e.g. Dogleg stock,Tac cap lower profile. That's just me though. I guess if I had to make a "poor mans james bond" verson that would be much more simple. Woosh barrel was the word I was looking for.

This post has been edited by dextonik: 31 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#27 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:56 PM

________left hand...$200 creation tax -----------------------------------Right hand...<15 years imprisonment ________

Hrm...........
I got my OWN smiley...

#28 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:32 AM

View Postdextonik, on 31 January 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

First of all, my apologizes for the necro post guys. I was curious if anyone knows where to find a "RAIN COVER" for a tac 8.1? I have a mock rain cover but it doesn't do it's job that it is supposed to be doing. If you catch my drift.

There haven't been any commercially made ones for the 8.1. There used to be a few different barrels that came with covers stock but they were older and the companies are long defunct. Air america i think made one...or was it centerflag....i forget. Either way nothing has been made for the 8.1 save what Krazy posted.

View Postcdrinkh20, on 31 January 2011 - 05:05 PM, said:

"Mafia Guy#1: I would like a "Bunny".
Mafia Guy#2: What kind of "Bunny"? A semi-automatic "Bunny", or a hand-held "Bunny"?
Mafia Guy#1: Whichever "Bunny" you think is better for shooting a guy in the head. "

xD

I love that episode of the simpsons. XD
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#29 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:34 AM

Actually, that was Family Guy - it's good for a cheap laugh but I prefer the pop culture/classical references along with somewhat wittier jokes of the Simpsons... miss Futurama.

South Park is good occasionally too just to see how far they go :P

#30 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:14 AM

That';s right, that was the Something about Paulie episode where peter gets in with the mafia Don.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users