• This topic is locked

Belt Fed Marker Idea

#16 User is offline   archanglmikel 

• He is like fire and ice and rage....
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:archanglmikel

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

Ok so lets say we go with the fixed hinged non-disintegrating belt. That makes the belt cheaper in the long run compared to a disintegrating belt. The tubes need to be long enough to limit twisting. Each tube needs a detent of some sort to prevent roll outs. The belt feed system could be piston powered like the cyclone of the A5, to keep it all mechanical. The Eclipse launcher system might be a good starting platform to work from. Its a belt feed Nerf launcher. Its semiautomatic only but that's an easier hurdle to jump.

southeast brigade patches coming soon! Archanglmikel's feedback
Avatar made by my wife...please ask before you take...or she'll be forced to use her Freeze Ray.

#17 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:kaosukoden

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

another hurtle i see is that if you are feeding the belt into place, the lineup has to be darn near perfect to launch a mini water baloon (aka paintball,) which will pass from the tube attached to the belt through the barrel of the gun and out of the breach, plus go far enough to be effective, all the while changing from one tube on the belt to the next, AND not chopping the ball during the transfer from the tube to the barrel. I'm not sure if that's clear, but read it a few times it'll make sense.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users