Special Ops Paintball: Tacamo Mag Fed Conversion Kit For Tippmann & BT markers - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tacamo Mag Fed Conversion Kit For Tippmann & BT markers For Tippmann & BT markers Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   milsim berry 

• PUNISHER
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MILSIM_BERRY

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:02 AM

Tacamo Mag Fed Conversion Kit For Tippmann & BT markers

>>>>>>> MAG FED KIT <<<<<< LINK
Christian paintballer
USMC Semper Fi
LOOKING FOR A TEAM
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   pntball sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:00 AM

that is cool

#3 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:12 AM

awesome...i might save up and get that for my brothers' Alpha Blacks
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#4 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:00 AM

Holy crap! I've been looking at mag feds forever and been like "Man, I'm poor." And they are supposed to be ready for next season???

If my buy tonight falls through I'm pre-ordering for my 98 lol :P if not, then my friend will have my 98 (as I have to sell it to afford this other one!)

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 26 September 2010 - 12:30 PM

#5 User is offline   sameagol26 

• sameagol26
  • Pip

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

Its good if you have an old 98 laying around. You could make it cool again! :D
SAMEAGOL26 LOVES BT PAINTBALL GUNS!!! (TM15 <3)

#6 User is offline   FIELDPEICE 

• Poppin' Fresh Paintball
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fieldpeice

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

As long as the 98 has not been upgraded too much. Looks like my rt and x-chamber won't work with this kit. I ordered it anyways got an extra mag also. All under $100

#7 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

I've been wishing I could convert my Tippmann A5 to a magazine fed marker ever since the first time I found my field of view dramatically impared by a ginormous hopper, spilled paintballs out of a hopper, spilled paintballs out of a pod and ran across a field with my hopper rattling away like a gigantic maraca! But I've never been able to think of a way to do it without drilling holes in my marker and knowing a whole lot more about pneumatics and machining than I do!

Then just today I opened my e-mail and found a notification from RAP 4 of their new mag feed conversion kits! Hallelujah the day has finally come! I'm so stoked!

I just hope the mags come with a built in refillable air resevoir so the thing can be self contained, otherwise my air situations going to get akward fast (I've always run vert air on my a5). Might just have to go with a remote kit, it just so happens that this mag feed conversion kit is the only thing that could convince me to run one of those. As far as I'm concerned for a mag fed marker it's worth it to physically connect myself to my gun, and add some extraneous components to the air system.

But hopefully for the sake of simplicity the projectiles and propellent are both contained in the mag, and you don't have to keep buying 12gram cartridges. That would keep the whole system lighter, more compact, self contained, more simple and more convenient.

Anyway, I never would have thought of just replacing the whole clamshell and transfering the internals to the new one! Mostly because I would have assumed that for all that you might as well be buying a whole new gun! But for the earliest pre-orders they're selling this for 60 bucks! I think it's a little over a hundred if you wait till after it comes out.

But think about that for a second, if they can charge as little as $60 for the biggest, although probably the most simple, component of a paintball gun... how much are they making off us when they're charging us upwards of 2 or $300 for the same thing with a few extra parts that make it a whole paintball gun? Sounds to me like they could easily charge us $150 and still turn a healthy profit on an A5 style paintgun. That's a little disturbing, sounds like we're getting riped off if you ask me. But that's not the point of this topic...

If I have enough money this month I'll pre-order that kit for $60 know I'm at least getting a fairer than usuall deal and have a mag fed marker!

There's only one problem I've been able to identify so far (and hopefully it stays that way for years to come) which is that the top of their mag feed kit doesn't feature a flat-top rail... AND doesn't seem to match the top of the originall clamshell. Now everybody and their mother these days knows that a flat-top rial is the best way to go, and they also know that alot of people have spent alot of money buying aftermarket flat-top rails for their older markers A-5's 98C's etc. RAP4 knows these things too, so what this little snafu tells me about RAP4 is that they did this on purpose (so we don't have a flat-top rail to mount our optics AND can't use our old aftermarket rails) in order to force us to have to buy an all new flat-top rail for their new clamshell so they can make even more money off of us. And that sucks and dissapoints me alittle. But I shouldn't be suprised, after all RAP4 is a company and a company's ultimate goal is to make as much money as possible for the company. I do still find it a little disheartening though that such a cool company is still just like any other :(

In any case I won't be getting suckered into this deal. Lucky for me I happen to have a few old weaver rails laying around from other deals I got suckered into (I hate you HotShot's Paintball), so I'm just going to weld those directly to the mag feed kit clamshell and make my own built in Rail Interface System... for free! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! That's why I call myself the Mad Scientist.

Sorry RAP4, as far as I'm concerned the profits you get from me pre-ordering your kit are all the profits you need! You guys could have made your kit with a flat-top rail or at least matched the original A5 rail for the cost of pennies in automated machining AND charged us ten more bucks for the kit to cover the minute costs and make a better profit.

Awwww I've been looking at the pics and found one more problem. The mag well is too far forward of the pistol grip. So even though it's got the m16 style mag release you won't be able to reach up and eject the magazine with your trigger finger. That'll make reloading a little bit slower, it's only a tiny little flaw and considering the build of the a5 (with the air fitting directly infront of the trigger) it's an unavoidable one.

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 28 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:19 PM

View PostFIELDPEICE, on 28 September 2010 - 07:22 PM, said:

As long as the 98 has not been upgraded too much. Looks like my rt and x-chamber won't work with this kit. I ordered it anyways got an extra mag also. All under $100

I didn't see an option for adding extra magazines. How much do they cost? I want to get a kit for my 98 and one for my a5 with one extra mag each and wind up with 4 mags total for whichever I use on any given day. But ultimately I want to have like... five mags for each and have both up and running. OOOOOHHHH CRAP! This means I'm going to have to get at least one new vest that can carry these mags! Bummer!

Oh well, I've been wanting a MOLLE vest anyway, and it can still wait for a while...
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Cassius Allanus 

• Your God
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CassiusAllanus

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

I just hope the mags come with a built in refillable air resevoir so the thing can be self contained

The mag design doesn't have room for air/Co2. RAP4 basically copied their mag design from MILSIG, and they are cross-compatible as well (MILSIG mags should fit in T68s, RAP4 mags should fit in MILSIGs)

This is the best version of the mags, as the new MILSIG version holds 20 balls: http://www.milsig.ca...&products_id=24

Also, if it is an A5 you are looking to convert, MILSIG has their TA5C products, the coolest of which is the MATS (mobile air tank stock).

http://www.milsig.ca...=index&cPath=61
AIM: CassiusAllanus | MSN: Brendon.Allan@shaw.ca | XFire: enlighteneddespot | E-MAIL: Brendon.Allan@shaw.ca | ESO2: HG_CassiusA | Steam: cassiusallanus

The OFFICIAL Tiberius Arms forums are up!

#10 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:43 PM

Yes the MATS system looks great...stil does not answer the question of where the air is brought into the A5 for the mag feed conversion.

20 rounds spring wound mags. Yep I see paint getting destroied in hot and cold games. Anything sitting in your vest for more than 30 minutes at 90º would turn to rubber and at 30º would get crushed in the mag.

I am thinking that if I am going to limit myself to 20 shots I would just move on to a pump gun and save on the weight....then there is also the fact that I do not in any way desire to milsim...so yeah.

#11 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

View PostCassius Allanus, on 29 September 2010 - 05:15 PM, said:

I just hope the mags come with a built in refillable air resevoir so the thing can be self contained

The mag design doesn't have room for air/Co2. RAP4 basically copied their mag design from MILSIG, and they are cross-compatible as well (MILSIG mags should fit in T68s, RAP4 mags should fit in MILSIGs)

This is the best version of the mags, as the new MILSIG version holds 20 balls: http://www.milsig.ca...&products_id=24

Also, if it is an A5 you are looking to convert, MILSIG has their TA5C products, the coolest of which is the MATS (mobile air tank stock).

http://www.milsig.ca...=index&cPath=61

Mind you, the MILSIG kits DO NOT convert to mag-feed --> they just add a magwell/fake mag. I always thought those stocks were wicked though.

#12 User is offline   FIELDPEICE 

• PipPip

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

The mag was $37 but you have an option to buy more than one the more you buy the cheaper they get

#13 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:54 PM

View PostFIELDPEICE, on 29 September 2010 - 05:50 PM, said:

The mag was $37 but you have an option to buy more than one the more you buy the cheaper they get

Good god those are expensive mags! I bet that's more expensive than an actuall 5.56 mag! The tiberius mags are cheaper than that and more complex!

Too bad these mags don't have air though. Gonna make my gun a whole lot heavier than it would've been.

The air tank stock is pretty cool idea. But I'm not down with that, vs the old folding stock it would make my gat way to long for close quarters :(

Dude! I was just looking at the mag conversion kit for the A5. Before I was assuming that the MP5 style front end was just another add on... IS THAT PART OF THE CONVERSION KIT??? If so can you take the front part and barrel off? If the mag conversion kit doesn't have the same barrel socket as the A5 I'm going to be extremely disapointed! I don't want to have to give up my Flatline AND my stubnose barrel for this thing! If so, what is wrong with TACAMO??? They know we've got all our old Tippmanns tricked out allready, why didn't they make their kit compatible with all the crap we've already put into our guns????
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   FIELDPEICE 

• PipPip

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

Here are some videos that might help
Link not working but I bet you can find it on YouTube

X7

This post has been edited by FIELDPEICE: 30 September 2010 - 07:23 PM

#15 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

View PostShipwreck!, on 29 September 2010 - 10:54 PM, said:

View PostFIELDPEICE, on 29 September 2010 - 05:50 PM, said:

Good god those are expensive mags! I bet that's more expensive than an actuall 5.56 mag! The tiberius mags are cheaper than that and more complex!

Too bad these mags don't have air though. Gonna make my gun a whole lot heavier than it would've been.

The air tank stock is pretty cool idea. But I'm not down with that, vs the old folding stock it would make my gat way to long for close quarters :(

Dude! I was just looking at the mag conversion kit for the A5. Before I was assuming that the MP5 style front end was just another add on... IS THAT PART OF THE CONVERSION KIT??? If so can you take the front part and barrel off? If the mag conversion kit doesn't have the same barrel socket as the A5 I'm going to be extremely disapointed! I don't want to have to give up my Flatline AND my stubnose barrel for this thing! If so, what is wrong with TACAMO??? They know we've got all our old Tippmanns tricked out allready, why didn't they make their kit compatible with all the crap we've already put into our guns????

The stock IS adjustable though...like the 6 position, sort of. The 13 ci will require it to be a certain length though.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users