• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Angel Eyes Paintball Mask Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

so whats the word? its on preorder and im wondering if i should get it...pros? cons?

thanks for reading :tup:
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#2 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:43 AM

As far as I can tell, the major con is the serious lack of forehead protection...I haven't heard much else.
SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.
Reviews: Spec Ops Custom Vest
Mods: Minor Mask Mod

#3 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:00 AM

might buy it for winter play and were my hoddie if thts so...or get that hat SO makes for masks or a GXG helmet
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

#4 User is offline   Zz Loth zZ 

• Wellst Obviously We Have a Rapist
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZZLOTHZZ

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:43 AM

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that it might flop around because it doesn't seem to have a lot of support on your nose, or cheekbones. Seriously though, there isn't going to be a lot of credible information out there since the mask isn't out yet. At this point in time there are basically 2 options: 1) pre-order it, and when you get it do a review on it, so that we all know how it is. :D 2) wait for it to come out, and see what other people say about it.

It's really hard to judge something that's not out yet.

#5 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:23 AM

I was able3 to try on the prototypes at Living Legends.

I was no impressed with the feel of the mask where it contacted the face. The suspension design while a great idea just did not work on my face. There where other folks around me who tried in on and loved it.

So just like any mask it comes down to personally tring it on and deciding if it fits your head or not.

The lack forhead protection is huge! My wife could actually see my eye brows when I looked at her. I would need three head bands to protect my dome!
Even with my Turtle cap there is a huge billboard sized gap of exposed skin just waiting to be tattoed by some Lasoya wannabe.
My wife told me in no uncertain terms that I was not allowed to get this mask for this simple reason along...and honestly, looking the mirror at the Angel booth I agree with her.

The look of the mask is great. They will look amazing in pictures!
The lens replacement is simple and the clearity and field of vision really really good.
The vents having the reverse baffles should put an end to most paint eating situations. The only way it could hapen is if you were barrel spiked from behind right in the vents.

They do not flop around at all. They fit well and stayed in place when I jumped and shook.

Simple answer....you must try them on prior to purchasing to make sure they fiy your head.

#6 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:31 PM

I just don't get why forehead protection seems to be so minimal these days...I know people use bandanas, etc. however make something detachable...it's not that overly difficult.
SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.
Reviews: Spec Ops Custom Vest
Mods: Minor Mask Mod

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

I seriously believe that companies use players' feedback in mask designs but unfortunately they are pro tourney players that are used.

#8 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:50 PM

Everyone said i4's had horrible forehead pertection too. Not for me...? My head isn't huge, but it's not tiny either.

Don't buy one right away. There will be some fan boys to have some soon. And my team will be the
first in the midwest to get some. I think a few guys on the team are getting them.

#9 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:53 PM

seems like speedballers dont borther protecting their foreheads...maybe its for all the late 80s hair style they have?

#10 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

....speedballers are the ones who DO protect their foreheads? All the beanies....Sandanas.....? Some woodsballers wear that, but I rarely see someone on the airball field without a headband on (either underneath beanie or on top of sandana).

This post has been edited by 5N1P3R: 17 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

#11 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

beanie/headband/sandana over forhead (ie fabric)

vs.

paintball mask over forehead area (ie hard plastic with an angle to deflect kinectic energy)

#12 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:07 PM

Edit: Angle to deflect kinetic energy???? Uh what...?

What's that supposed to mean? So now you are saying this:

Speedballers where masks that show more forehead, where as woodsballers wear masks that protect your
whole head????

I read your first one as saying that speedballers and woodsballers wear the same masks, but the speedballers don't cover the forehead.

...and I would take a beanie over hard shell plastic anyday.

This post has been edited by 5N1P3R: 17 September 2010 - 09:08 PM

#13 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:33 PM

deflection of kinetic energy

Attached File  jt_carnivour_mask.jpg (115.92K)
Number of downloads: 3

not so much

Attached File  Beanie%20BFF.jpg (99.68K)
Number of downloads: 1

#14 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:16 AM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 17 September 2010 - 10:33 PM, said:

deflection of kinetic energy

Attachment jt_carnivour_mask.jpg

not so much

Attachment Beanie%20BFF.jpg

Not to mention the soft rubber smacking you in the head if you got a mask that you shouldn't have (ie. cheek/jaw hit) :P Some people even have those full coverage masks over your whole head.

Hard plastic mask > soft rubber that will slap you hard when you get hit > beanie > exposed forehead/jawline :P (in terms of protection)

#15 User is offline   gubment_man 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GUBMENT SNIPER

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

The thing looks cool but I personally am not gonna waste my money on it. Especially since its not out yet and Angel has no expereince making masks (to my knowledge) so there is a chance that it might be a fail. Besides that, Im happy with my V-force profilers and might get a Sly Profit.
"why does that bush have eyes?"

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users