• You cannot reply to this topic

Dangerous Power FX Wow

#1 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

So I've been trying to decide on a new marker for a while now. My ego got stolen as a lot of you know, and I have been using an ion for the last few months. I had my choices narrowed down to the etek 3 and the dangerous power fx. I decided to go with the fx, and I have been extremely impressed. The first thing I noticed when I took it out of the box was the oled board, it is extremely easy to use, and has more settings than I will ever need. The second thing I looked at was the trigger, the dual adjustable trigger is just awesome. The trigger is also very crisp and responsive. It also has the dangerous power raps asa, which is flat out the best asa around. I haven't used it in a game yet, and I only had a little air to shoot it in the backyard, but it was relatively smooth. I honestly liked shooting it better than my 08 ego, and the price is way better. I haven't had it over the chrono yet, but it seems fairly consistent. I'm going to have to post a shooting vid, and do a better review after I get it out on the field. I'm going to give props to Dangerous Power for making a reasonably priced marker with all of the features of 1000 dollar plus markers. Actually I can't think of any high end markers that have oled boards stock, correct me if I am wrong.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#2 User is offline   ninjasofpaintball 

• Phoenix Burn. Represent!
  • PipPip

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:19 PM

Sweet Bro. Have fun with that. Do you mainly do wood or speedball? That seems like a crapload of fun.
Check us out on youtube! Click Here!

#3 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

Mostly scenarios and walk on. I'm a pretty casual player. That's why I didn't want to drop a grand on a new marker, and I have to say that I have been extremely impressed with the fx.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#4 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

Yeah I was looking at a FX, then I realized college was right around the corner and decided that spending the money on a FX made no sense. So I got a mag instead. Loved the one I shot at UWL pitt. The trigger is awesome. Nice and snappy.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   voltron 

• Let us gingerly touch our tips
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:mysterguy

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

the fx has the trigger that you can rotate right? its called the switchblade or something
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. -ger

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how the hell you did it.

I wonder if I could turn one of those "Rascal" scooter thingies into an old-guy paintball tank? -Violator

#6 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

yeah it has the switchblade trigger. Either a blade style or IDK what they call the other one.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   LoD 

• Lord of Death
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:LoD

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:16 PM

Nice. I just barely purchased a used Fusion F7 or whatever. Haven't had a chance to take it out yet.. No air.. But I hear these DP's are amazing. Can't wait to try it out and I can't wait to check out your thoughts on your new one. Congrats :)

My Feedback Thread
"I look at it as an opportunity to bloody up the hammer some more. Especially now since I replaced the leather wrap and it needs to be worked in." - Puzuma

#8 User is offline   LoneScout 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Lonescout

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

I just recently bought my FX. I had a bad experience with the G3 and I stayed away from Electros for the longest time. I finally decided to try my luck with the FX.

My thoughts about it were very good just looking at it. First, the FX looks great, and I enjoy the solid black look that I purchased. Very slim profile (found it to be great when going around corners), and it just looks nice to the eye. Holding it is a treat. The grips feel right, you can flip the trigger around for whatever you are most comfortable with, and the weight is amazingly low (less than 2 lbs total). I liked the RAPS flip lever for my air tank (70 ci, 4500 psi). Finally, just playing around with the board, I was very impressed. Very easy to use. Love the trigger trainer function (just fun to play around with). Enjoy the ease of use. The full color manual was impressive too. Very simple and detailed.

When I was using the FX in a non-play setting, I thought that it was pretty good. Just shooting in the yard, it wasn't too bad with regards to accuracy even with the stock 2 piece barrel it came with (I've always been told that the stock barrel on any marker is always horrible, but this one wasn't too bad). The sound was pretty quiet for an open bolt marker. When I walked the trigger, it felt nice. Kept on target the whole string (although, mine are not consistent yet), so I guess the recoil was not that bad.

Now, after weeks of anticipation, (rain basically dampered the hopes of playing for nearly a month. ugh.) I got to go out in the field with her for the first time. Prior to that day...I will admit, I did upgrade my marker a bit. First, I switched my Smart Parts Freak Kit from my pump to the FX for accuracy (Using it with my pump, I hit what I was aiming for almost every time). Next, I wanted to upgrade the bolt, so I went to our team's local store and purchased the TechT Hush Bolt and installed it. Now, most of my experiences have been that I would go to the field and have issues after upgrading my markers...not this time!!! I went the the chrono, and the velocity was spot on between 250 and 280 fps without even touching the velocity screw (another nice function, they engraved which way to turn the tool to raise or lower the marker velocity). I went out on the field to break in my new marker and see what she could do...and ended up having my best day of play ever in recent memory. I was able to adapt and adjust to every position that I needed with her. Heavy, Light, Medium, Sniper, everything. After using tippmans and other gas hog markers, I was expecting the FX to be no different...boy was I wrong. I filled up once in 3 hours (again, I use a 70 ci, 4500 tank). Thats going through about 1000 paintballs total (I only brought around 1300 or so). It has something to do with the spring assisted ram that is utilized in the internals. Cuts down on air usage in the marker.

After getting home from the day, I took a couple hits to the marker (such a pain) and decided to take the opportunity to clean and explore how to maintain my marker. Again, the manual was of great help. I took the bolt out (so easy, you pull a pin on the top and the bolt comes right out)I dissasembled the internals (usually a frightening concept for me) and looked at all the parts I had on the floor. Very few things to screw up (maybe 6 or so parts total, and no little pieces to lose). I cleaned all the parts with a Q-tip and a soft paper towel and used tech grease on all the o-rings (including those on the hush bolt from TechT) and moving parts like it says (manual says to use wd-40 or something, but I always like using the tech grease or drops). Easy to put together again. Then the scary part...flowing air through it and seeing if I messed up in some way. I turned her on and flipped on the air...and kind of anticipated her not to fire at the least. It was a pleasant surprise when she fired without a problem. Dangerous power really made the FX easy to maintain.

The only thing that I thought she needed, was a lighter hopper. I used a Halo-B during my testing day and I thought it weighed the FX down a little, so I looked into the new Valken Loader from the store the next week. Lets just say this...with the Valken at less than a pound (without any paint) and the FX at lest than 2 pounds, it is a very light and compact marker setup. The best I have ever held, especially after using tippmanns since my entry into paintball (I have not put any paint through the loader, so I cant give an accurate review on the Valken Loader/Fusion FX combination, but that will come in an update).

With regards to the marker as a whole, I think that the folks at Dangerous Power have definitely outdone themselves. I am very pleased and will continue to use my FX for a long time. Definitely worth the investment.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users